ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Game Updates

Which is who? I've never seen you have a problem on these boards using names. Who do you think calls the plays?
Yeah you're right, I didn't, but that was before the heavier enforcement of board rules here. I was reprimanded for things related to the Murphy basketball situation, even though I had nothing against that former coach as a person, just spoke to the state of the program but I guess that's considered bashing somehow. I guess it wasn't too far from the truth though given the change that was made. I have nothing against any coach as a person in this situation either, just speaking what everyone else was thinking and knows in their heart to be true.

Yeah you're right, I didn't, but that was before the heavier enforcement of board rules here. I was reprimanded for things related to the Murphy basketball situation, even though I had nothing against that former coach as a person, just spoke to the state of the program but I guess that's considered bashing somehow. I guess it wasn't too far from the truth though given the change that was made. I have nothing against any coach as a person in this situation either, just speaking what everyone else was thinking and knows in their heart to be true.
Just as I thought...you have no clue...or you THINK you do...then again you're just the same stereotypical keyboard king on these boards...maybe someone will enlighten you on the play caller even while CC was there...Might be the shock of your life.....

Reactions: RadioCheck
coach Gentry calls the plays and always has....... tough to get in a rhythm calling plays when there is no execution and nothing works.

Reactions: Heather Watson
CC might not have literally called the plays in from the sideline when he was there, but he certainly had plenty of input from above. Just like I'm certain someone has plenty of input now.

And quite frankly I don't care if Chip Kelly, Guz Malzahn or whoever was/is calling the plays: the tempo, rhythm and everything else about the offense has been off and given what returned it shouldn't have been anywhere near this bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: knine1
how many games have you attended ? or does the rhythm just sound off over the radio?

It had nothing to do with play calling. When we had the ball which was very little we couldn't do anything. They beat us straight up in every way. Ran the ball up and down the field at will and had the ball about the entire game.

No one is disputing Franklin was better, way better, that was obvious. This is about an ongoing theme, when 3 other people mention it in this very thread clearly its an issue.

Also an issue I no longer care to indulge. If its all gravy then I will be the last person to bring it up moving forward, I guess we'll see. Either way I'm done injecting my thoughts for a good long while. At the end of the day it's just a game, one I'm guilty of taking too serious at times.

Last edited:
running clock at The Hill......never did I think I would type those words......Murphy ran 1 play total in the 3rd quarter and was sacked for a safety. Just might be the worst 12 minutes of football in the long and storied history of the Murphy Bulldogs....

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan and MHS-88
Murphy swain and rville could finish top three.

Looking at the rest of Swain's nonconference schedule, we could easily be 0-5 by the time conference play starts. Might be the best O-5 team Swain has ever had, though... but the competition has raised their games the last couple of years. Tuscola and Franklin are going to be tough, and North Hendo is no longer a pushover, either.

No one is disputing Franklin was better, way better, that was obvious. This is about an ongoing theme, when 3 other people mention it in this very thread clearly its an issue.

Also an issue I no longer care to indulge. If its all gravy then I will be the last person to bring it up moving forward, I guess we'll see. Either way I'm done injecting my thoughts for a good long while. At the end of the day it's just a game, one I'm guilty of taking too serious at times.
I have to agree with you. I have got to see Murphy play and I just couldn't put a finger on what was different about their offense. I didn't know if it was due to youth, injuries or lack of big time players. I seen it twice last year and just shook it off as a off season. This year as usual they have the size on the line and a full stable of backs. Don't get me wrong, I believe they will have a great season this year in the conference but something just isn't clicking offensively against the top teams they play. It's early in the season and plenty of games to play. Should be another great game this year with Robbinsville, Swain and even Cherokee

Reactions: mbdfan
Looking at the rest of Swain's nonconference schedule, we could easily be 0-5 by the time conference play starts. Might be the best O-5 team Swain has ever had, though... but the competition has raised their games the last couple of years. Tuscola and Franklin are going to be tough, and North Hendo is no longer a pushover, either.

I'm looking forward to #28 getting back into shape. He just doesn't have the explosiveness yet to get through the line. It actually surprised me last night when he took that opening kickoff back for such a huge gain.

I'm hoping we're heading in the right direction. It was a major improvement on the D side of the ball over last week.

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
I'm looking forward to #28 getting back into shape. He just doesn't have the explosiveness yet to get through the line. It actually surprised me last night when he took that opening kickoff back for such a huge gain.

I'm hoping we're heading in the right direction. It was a major improvement on the D side of the ball over last week.

Except for the fumbles, I thought this team has played better in the first two games than either of the past two squads. They showed a lot of heart last night; it would have been really easy to fold up after losing two starters and nine points down to boot, but they hung in and fought to the end, and nearly pulled it out. Once they get a handle on the exchange, and if they can stay healthy, and given the state of the rest of the SMC, they should be in the hunt for the conference championship. And who knows... with a little luck, they could go pretty deep in the playoffs, too. They'll most likely be on the road, though.

Last edited:
Could be Cherokee's year to win it. This looks like a really down year for the league so far overall so it's ripe for the pickings for them.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Robbinsville got blown away by a small Charlotte school that really doesn't have a good football program.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Robbinsville got hosed
and now they are oh and two.

Got it last yr. Western Champs anyway.
Does anyone here think CCDay is a small school? Thus guy opens his mouth and dumb falls out. Don't give us Days enrollment. SMC folks know better.

CCD would have beat any far west team by 3 TDs last yr.
Franklin included.

Robbinsville got blown away by a small Charlotte school that really doesn't have a good football program.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Robbinsville got hosed
and now they are oh and two.

Come on now, agreeing with BK. R'ville lost badly to this team last year and still won the conference, and as memory has it almost lost SM last year winning in the closing seconds. So logically speaking nothing can be made of these losses.

Come on now, agreeing with BK. R'ville lost badly to this team last year and still won the conference, and as memory has it almost lost SM last year winning in the closing seconds. So logically speaking nothing can be made of these losses.

Yeah, these little private and charter schools are magnets for athletic talent. Hapeville Charter (who beat Swain last week 35-7) could beat anybody west of Shelby without a whole lot of trouble... and even the Lions would get all they wanted from the Hornets.

One thing you have to give the SMC schools credit for... they don't play easy nonconference schedules (when they can get people to schedule them at all :) ).

Got it last yr. Western Champs anyway.
Does anyone here think CCDay is a small school? Thus guy opens his mouth and dumb falls out. Don't give us Days enrollment. SMC folks know better.

CCD would have beat any far west team by 3 TDs last yr.
Franklin included.

Country Day has less than 500 kids in their high school which is the same size as a small 1A school in the NCHSAA.

Country Day has less than 500 kids in their high school which is the same size as a small 1A school in the NCHSAA.
Lordy, Lordy ernie surely we aren't going to have to go into the "advantaged" school discussion again. LOL Just curious, why is it you are so interested in Robbinsville? I have forgotten so please remind me, which school do you pledge your allegiance to?

Lordy, Lordy ernie surely we aren't going to have to go into the "advantaged" school discussion again. LOL Just curious, why is it you are so interested in Robbinsville? I have forgotten so please remind me, which school do you pledge your allegiance to?

Just enjoy laughing at Robbinsville fans.

Do you actually know any Rville fans ... or are you just hatin' on BK?

I lost a lot of respect for that program after a Robbinsville player hurled a racial epithet to a Murphy Bulldog player 2 years ago. When the coach didn't apologize to the player...and Coach Walsh did not, I was disgusted with your program. Not all Robbinsville fans are like that.....I know it, but Walsh and others sure do not have problems with it.

U don't know anything about Walsh. We had a black kid on the team that yr. He still lives in RVille. He didn't have a problem so y do u.

It takes a dumb a$$ to think CCDay is the same size as Murphy.

I lost a lot of respect for that program after a Robbinsville player hurled a racial epithet to a Murphy Bulldog player 2 years ago. When the coach didn't apologize to the player...and Coach Walsh did not, I was disgusted with your program. Not all Robbinsville fans are like that.....I know it, but Walsh and others sure do not have problems with it.
Ok, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but if we are going down memory lane, last year a Murphy player on crutches flipped the entire crowd as we left the Murphy/R'ville game. i do not recall a reprimand because I don't no the inner workings of Gentry so I am not going to speculate and say nothing was done, just as you speculate that Walsh did nothing. And get off in enrollment your beating a dead horse!

Ok, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but if we are going down memory lane, last year a Murphy player on crutches flipped the entire crowd as we left the Murphy/R'ville game. i do not recall a reprimand because I don't no the inner workings of Gentry so I am not going to speculate and say nothing was done, just as you speculate that Walsh did nothing. And get off in enrollment your beating a dead horse!

I was asked a specific question. I answered it truthfully.

Threatened how? I want no part of this argument. I'm just curious what did a coach say to an opposing player that was deemed "threatening?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT