ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Game Updates

It's been off ever since Campana hung up the headset.

I gave the benefit of the doubt last season with a young team, but it's becoming clear now there's a very real downgrade at coordinator, no excuses with the players at his disposal. It's one thing to lose to a superior team, it's another to get flat out embarrassed on your home field.

Yeah, I didn't want to just throw it out there, but it's true.

Yeah, I didn't want to just throw it out there, but it's true.
It's not all on him, the o-line has under performed but anyone who has watched last season and this season knows there's a massive difference in play calling capability.

Murphy will beat up on the next couple of teams and may even go on to win the conference and thus some will claim everything is fine, but it isn't.

I'm sure I'll get accosted for saying what I said by some of those close to the program, telling me how I know nothing. That's fine, bottom line is that even an absolute moron can see it's not close to good enough with the talent at hand

Last edited:
I agree with the fact that Murphy may go on and be ok this season, but things are definitely not ok in the grand scheme of things. Its blatantly obvious and has been

Reactions: mbdfan
Another Swain player down on the first drive of the 2nd half, leaving the field on a stretcher too.

Cherokee blasted Mitchell defense for 50 yards in under a min and came up short on the 1, if the coordinators can do I better job with play calling we may put up some more big drives

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
They didn't have to win to prove themselves. Mitchell is the runner up in the state championship 1aa. Game not over though yet

It's not all on him, the o-line has under performed but anyone who has watched last season and this season knows there's a massive difference in play calling capability.

Murphy will beat up on the next couple of teams and may even go on to win the conference and thus some will claim everything is fine, but it isn't.

I'm sure I'll get accosted for saying what I said by some of those close to the program, telling me how I know nothing. That's fine, bottom line is that even an absolute moron can see it's not close to good enough with the talent at hand
And just who do you think is calling the plays?

SM 21, Swain 13, 1:20 to go in the game. SM penalized 15 yards on the PAT and misses again... 0 for 3 tonight.

To be fair, Franklin has a HUGE football team. They are just so much bigger and stronger across the board than Murphy. It was men against boys tonight. I don't know how Franklin just continues to reload year after year with seemingly no drop off, but they do. It is what it is. Murphy just needs to put this one behind it and move on. Nothing else to do. Franklin didn't hurt anything tonight but Murphy's pride. All of Murphy's goals are still out there.

Wow, what a finish. Swain scores on the last play of the game, as time runs out... but even after SM was penalized on the extra point for an illegal substitution, couldn't punch the 2-point conversion in. Final, Smoky 21, Swain 19.

Probably fair to say Cherokee is atop the SMC right now. Murphy will be fine but without a doubt Franklin has us outmatched for the 8th time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT