ADVERTISEMENT

SMC finish predictions..

Your the only one that has Swain above Robbinsville and Murphy.
Thats counting the AP poll, the WNC ranking by the citizen times, Carolina preps, and NC preps. I think Max preps had Swain above Robbinsville a few weeks ago.

I think Swain is better than both Murphy and Robbinsville.

murphy vs swain outcome will be determined by who hits harder and who lays down. it’ll be the same thing from murphy(rock, buck sweep, trap) and then the same thing from swain (midline, veer, etc.) both lines are very talented and big. i don’t think you can pick a winner until after that final buzzer sounds friday night.

murphy vs swain outcome will be determined by who hits harder and who lays down. it’ll be the same thing from murphy(rock, buck sweep, trap) and then the same thing from swain (midline, veer, etc.) both lines are very talented and big. i don’t think you can pick a winner until after that final buzzer sounds friday night.

What's "rock"? Not familiar with that play from the Wing T arsenal lol.

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
I think a three way tie is less likely now that Murphy beat Swain.

I never try to predict the smc. When 3 teams are good( which generally is the case) it’s impossible if you’re not from the smc, and not easy if you are. 2 years ago I would never have saw Murphy losing to Swain and then rolling Cherokee. Then I would never have thought one of the best backs I saw all season would be a sophomore from Robbinsville. ( 1. Robinson, heritage. 2. Mintz, Cherokee. 3. Anderson, Robbinsville). I thought then, look out for Robbinsville in 2 yrs. I also would have never thought Cherokee would roll Mitchell at Mitchell in the playoffs but It happened. Last year, after losing they’re QB to graduation, I thought Mitchell had a chance to dethrone Murphy( which they did) after struggling against a mid-pack Cherokee. I remember texting a friend at half saying, “ I actually think we’re better than Murphy”. Then the 2nd half happened, and Murphy again showed why they are “ Murphy”. All 3 are in the top 10 this year and looks to be another 3 team battle again for the smc. But I’m going to go with my gut feeling 2 yrs ago. 1. Robbinsville 2. Murphy 3.Swain
And my wife think I’m dumb! Gut might be right for a change.

1. Robbinsville
2. Murphy
3. Hayesville
4. Swain
5. Andrews
6. Cherokee
7. Rosman
I have said this since the beginning of the year that if swain lost to both Murphy and Robbinsville, that Hayesville would stand a very good chance at upsetting them at the end of the year. It is setting up perfect for Hayesville, Swain is struggling with injuries and rumors on infighting in the locker room. they have no chance at a conference championship, while Hayesville is on a win streak and playing hungry right now. Hayesville took their bumps against Murphy and Robbinsville and came through it. I know we are a week out but I smell an upset brewing.

Last edited:
1. Robbinsville
2. Murphy
3. Hayesville
4. Swain
5. Andrews
6. Cherokee
7. Rosman
I have said this since the beginning of the year that if swain lost to both Murphy and Robbinsville, that Hayesville would stand a very good chance at upsetting them at the end of the year. It is setting up perfect for Hayesville, Swain is struggling with injuries and rumors on infighting in the locker room. they have no chance at a conference championship, while Hayesville is on a win streak and playing hungry right now. Hayesville took their bumps against Murphy and Robbinsville and came through it. I know we are a week out but I smell an upset brewing.
Swain by 20

1. Robbinsville
2. Murphy
3. Hayesville
4. Swain
5. Andrews
6. Cherokee
7. Rosman
I have to agree. If Swain is not healthy and if Sain is not 100% I give Hayesville a chance to win this one. Hayesville is playing good ball and the McClure boys are game changers. If Hayesville comes out aggressive with their home field advantage it could very well happen.

Swain loosing to Murphy by 1pt at Swain was bad enough but then loosing by 37 at Robbinsville was unimaginable. I’m not sure what disfunction people are talking about in the locker room. All of the boys I know say this is the closest swain team in years and they have each other’s backs. So check your sources. That was not the issue. Just got to find a way to shake this off, get healthy and they will be good. Refocus on Hayesville this week and do whatever we need to do to get the W and then get ready for playoffs! Swain can still make a big run in the playoffs with decent seeding and a few road games. Saying Swain has a weak o line or no skills players is a bad mistake. I have said it for years and it seems like they consistently have to prove themselves. I have faith in these boys to fight for their playoff lives when it counts. If they play lights out with nothing to loose, they can make anything happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT