ADVERTISEMENT

1A SMC BOYS

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
after the first few games is there changes in preseason predictions?

Cherokee looked a little sloppy but put up big points against a highlands teams that played Hayesville close. Mintz looked unstoppable and soph guard Lossiah looked impressive. Straughn was solid as well.

Swain beat robbinsville big last night gotta be a top favorite.

Rosman I think hadn't lost. Gonna be a solid group with a good coach.

Hayesville not sure of record but young Cottrell looking to be dominate as older brother

5-7 up for grabs as the young season goes

Big game this Friday with cherokee boys taking on Hayesville.

What's everyone's thoughts

This Friday nite will tell a lot. Hayesville is never bad and with Cottrell burning the nets so far this year, it could be a very interesting game. Braves are only going to get better as the football boys get in basketball shape!

Braves absolutely dismantle Hayesville tonight ... Running clock early in the 4th qtr. not one senior on the court for the Braves either

Braves are going to be very dangerous this year!! This new coach is " the real deal"!! And these players are OUTSTANDING !!

From the early going, Cherokee looks just as good as everyone thought, and Swain looks to be even better than people thought. Might come down to rivalry battle for the conference title, which should be fun.

Big win by the cherokee boys against Rosman tues. Tough hard fought game

Big win for Cherokee, sets up a showdown Friday in Bryson City for the driver's seat in the BSMC race. I expect with the rivalry plus first place on the line it will be a good atmosphere.

Hate the game didn't go down . Hopefully they will make it up fast I was ready to watch this one

There is some video of them online from the Battle of the States Christmas tourney posting all its games on YouTube. I've linked one below of them playing 3A Union Co, GA (the caption says it's a girls game, but it's not). In terms of reasons for their improvement, they were a very young team last year and returned just about everybody. Their biggest losses weren't even due to graduation-- leading scorer from last year decided not to play this year, and they lost another talented underclassmen to a private school, but still had a good bit of talent coming back.

[

Last edited:
There is some video of them online from the Battle of the States Christmas tourney posting all its games on YouTube. I've linked one below of them playing 3A Union Co, GA (the caption says it's a girls game, but it's not). In terms of reasons for their improvement, they were a very young team last year and returned just about everybody. Their biggest losses weren't even due to graduation-- leading scorer from last year decided not to play this year, and they lost another talented underclassmen to a private school, but still had a good bit of talent coming back.

Thanks, I'd like to see a bit of film on them. Avery is starting play together again unlike our first 3 games where we played horrid. Hopefully be back in spot to make a deep playoff run again.

Swain is gonna be hard to beat. They have 7-8 seniors on this years team, Cherokee has 1. Last year is was exact opposite. Braves had 7-8 seniors and Swain had very few.

Haven't seen Swain play, but it sounds like they are real good. Braves are still adapting to the new coach and all underclassmen. They do have moments of brilliance! They seem to be getting better each game!!

Swain is gonna be hard to beat. They have 7-8 seniors on this years team, Cherokee has 1. Last year is was exact opposite. Braves had 7-8 seniors and Swain had very few.

Haven't seen Swain play, but it sounds like they are real good. Braves are still adapting to the new coach and all underclassmen. They do have moments of brilliance! They seem to be getting better each game!!
I'm not trying to bug or anything GWY but who had the dominant team at the JV level in the SMC?

The young group starting with Cherokees jrs lost 1 game in middle school and have been successful on varsity but they are young. Swain is big and seasoned but I'll take the Braves.

Can someone tell me what the score was between Andrews & Cherokee last night. I had to leave after the girls game. I have a sick family member. It wasn't in the AC-T ???

Yeah cherokee win but dang Andrews is a tough out. They never quit and play really hard. 15 played unreal against our boys

Andrews is playing everyone tight but just can't seem to pull them out. They will be a dangerous low-seeded team come post-season.
You are so right. I can't recall how many games have been lost in the last minute of the game. Just a good group of boys on the court and off

If cherokee can get past this week with robbinsville and Hayesville should be a strong end to the conf season. I can't wait till the swain game could be the biggest in years

Cherokee is tough and they understand what it takes to win close games. They out executed us down the stretch. Both games were extremely tough. Hats off to them and their coach....good solid group.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Cherokee is tough and they understand what it takes to win close games. They out executed us down the stretch. Both games were extremely tough. Hats off to them and their coach....good solid group.

Thanks Coach. As someone else said, Andrews will be a first round surprise for someone in the SMC tournament. Very tough team that doesn't quit.

Cherokee is starting to gel. Still a very young team, but showing a lot of promise!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT