ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

One example leaves you totally defenseless.
And we posted this earlier in this thread, but you are all losing your minds.

Yes, tell us about it, Mule.

Tell us about your 1963 team.
You know, the one that won your “regional title”.
You have three of those, so losing them puts you back to 19.
Your 1963 NCHSAA Title team lost to WNCHSAA member Thomasville in the regular season.
That Thomasville team did not even make the WNCHSAA playoffs.
Shelby lost to Asheboro for the Title on the Kennedy assassination day, Nov 22.

1963 Reidsville would not have even qualified in the WNCHSAA.
Explain that one.

Then explain how the NCHSAA playoffs were “statewide” when you avoided up to 42 of the best programs in North Carolina, smack in the middle of the state.

And help us all understand why several of the WNCHSAA member schools went on to dominate IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS after the merger in 1977.
Albemarle, Thomasville, Shelby, Crest, West Rowan and more.
Hickory was a founding member of the WNCHSAA. Guess what they are doing Friday, also.

No question our “fine” little association would have put a dent in your party.
Now go ask your homer Que what you should say next.

Your 1963 NCHSAA Title team lost to WNCHSAA member Thomasville in the regular season.

Explain that one.

Then explain how the NCHSAA playoffs were “statewide” when you avoided up to 42 of the best programs in North Carolina, smack in the middle of the state.

And help us all understand why several of the WNCHSAA member schools went on to dominate IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS after the merger in 1977.
Hickory was a founding member of the WNCHSAA. Guess what they are doing Friday, also.

All I get out of this is that Shelby is reason Kennedy was assassinated. I can’t keep up with the rest of it. Just saying

• Haha
Reactions: Ooooner

Explain that one.

Looks as well we are putting a dent into your party this year. 2 straight years without making a title appearance. Well on your way to 3 decades

We said last week you guys needed this win more than we did.
Boy is that evident.
This looks almost coordinated.
Did Shelby’s 7 of the last 10 Championships get y’all that manic?
What will you do if you lose Saturday?
Go into a complete Hate Shelby meltdown and come here to disrupt our Christmas parade?
Do you EVER answer the most basic of questions.
49-14 probably got you manic depressive.
7 of the last 11 (soon)
What did you do after getting stomped last Friday you little pissant?
Go be a nusance somewhere else. No stay, you degrade the Shelby image.
Here's one: What are you going to do when we win.
Imagine winning the Championship after obliterating the once proud Shelby Lions. Come on 49-14, march to Reidsville and "beat the hell" out of you like we did ten years ago. How does 23-19 sound, 2ndtoReidsville? Coined a new one 2ndtoReidsville.

Reactions: Otis4411

Explain that one.

FAIR WARNING! Last chance to list your claims to "19 Titles". If you don't take advantage of this final opportunity I will start a new thread listing the only ones Shelby actually won. Put up or suffer the consequences.

• Haha
Reactions: Otis4411
it was the regional final against a super opponent.
Two years ago, Shelby laid it on the Rams and their sophomore quarterback. This time Lee is an experienced senior and Shelby's quarterback is now the sophomore playing against a strong defense.

I just now saw this. I'm not so sure, as this year I had those guys going out in round 2. I trolled them all regular season about it, and I ate some crow for that.

I think they're just over achievers this season. They surprised me, as I was sure Salisbury or Forest Hills would have taken them out. After struggling through the later rounds, I think the rams were too much for them as they punched above their weight throughout the post season.

Reactions: beamer24
FAIR WARNING! Last chance to list your claims to "19 Titles". If you don't take advantage of this final opportunity I will start a new thread listing the only ones Shelby actually won. Put up or suffer the consequences.

Don’t threaten us, fossil.
So if our Titles were intermurals, then what was your 1963 Championship…?….

Middle School?

You list yours, then we’ll list ours.

Hey ram fans

Not that I’m trying to get in the middle of this continuous battle

BUT, shouldn't yall be thinking about a title game and a very good clinton team that some of yuns are already saying has no chance?

Its gonna sting if yall lose to them, that'll make what 3 straight years of not winning it all with all that talent? The terror of that thought is probably keeping some of yall up at night

Good luck

Hey ram fans

BUT, shouldn't yall be thinking about a title game and a very good clinton team that some of yuns are already saying has no chance?

Its gonna sting if yall lose to them, that'll make what 3 straight years of not winning it all with all that talent? The terror of that thought is probably keeping some of yall up at night

Good luck
Check out the Championship tread. We can post on both this one and the Clinton one. The terror of having to face the Rams next year is probably keeping some of y'all up at night.

Hey ram fans

Good luck

This is the most fun Mule has had in 31 years.
He’s drinking Geritol right out of the bottle.
These younger posters are squealing like little girls that just saw Elvis.
None of them can let it go.
Their Shelby Hate is Christmas come early !

Hey ram fans

Good luck
Check out the Championship tread. We can post on both this one and the Clinton one. The terror of having to face the Rams next year is probably keeping some of y'all up at night.

saving for next season, Lord willing

Here's Reidsville's record in championship games (copied from highschoolot.com)
First Classification Era (1929-2001): 11-4-2
1930 Class B: Reidsville 20, Apex 7
1931 Class B: Reidsville 6, Apex 0
1932 Class B: Reidsville 32, Elizabeth City 12
1934 Class B: Edenton 6, Reidsville 0
1937 Class B: Reidsville 19, Hamlet 6
1939 Class B: Reidsville 18, Hamlet 0
1940 Class B: Reidsville 14, Elizabeth City 12
1943 Class A: Reidsville and Laurinburg tie 6-6
1944 Class A: Laurinburg 8, Reidsville 7
1945 Class A: Reidsville 27, Laurinburg 0
1949 Class A: Henderson 20, Reidsville 14
1950 2A: Reidsville 26, Henderson 0
1951 2A: Lumberton 18, Reidsville 13
1954 2A: Reidsville 20, Graham 6
1963 3A Region 2: Reidsville and Brevard tie 0-0 (Note: Regional final only, did not face Region 1 champion)
1969 3A West: Reidsville 35, Mount Airy 12 (Note: Regional final only, did not face East champion)
1970 3A West: Reidsville 10, Pisgah 7 (Note: Regional final only, did not face East champion)
Subdivision Era (2002-2020): 9-2
2002 2AA: Reidsville 34, Bandys 14
2003 2AA: Reidsville 68, Bandys 12
2005 2AA: Shelby 26, Reidsville 18
2007 2AA: Reidsville 28, Shelby 20
2008 2AA: Reidsville 24, East Lincoln 7
2009 2AA: Reidsville 28, Newton-Conover 6
2016 2A: Reidsville 58, Holmes 12
2017 2A: Wallace-Rose Hill 35, Reidsville 28
2018 2A: Reidsville 31, Northeastern 28
2019 2A: Reidsville 14, Northeastern 0
2020-2021 2A: Reidsville 35, Mountain Heritage 6
Modern Classification Era (2021-): 0-1
2022 2A: East Duplin 24, Reidsville 21

I find it a bit odd that the state adds a note that 1963, 1969 and 1970 don't count as state champs but they make no mention of the subdivision era when AA didn't face A. Both were subdivisions - just depends on how you slice the pie. (So glad now with the 8 classes in a couple of years, there won't be that argument again).

I've always said that any time a team plays the final game that their governing body allows, it's a state championship for the record book. Same for Shelby in the Western Association. Don't tell the kids on those teams that they weren't champions.

If I recall correctly when I did the research a few years ago, when Reidsville won titles in 1969 and 1970 there were 40-something schools in the 3A East and a similar number in the 3A West. Also, during those years there were 42 schools in the Western Activities Association. So really not much difference in the total fields.

Here's Reidsville's record in championship games (copied from highschoolot.com)
First Classification Era (1929-2001): 11-4-2
1930 Class B: Reidsville 20, Apex 7
1931 Class B: Reidsville 6, Apex 0
1932 Class B: Reidsville 32, Elizabeth City 12
1934 Class B: Edenton 6, Reidsville 0
1937 Class B: Reidsville 19, Hamlet 6
1939 Class B: Reidsville 18, Hamlet 0
1940 Class B: Reidsville 14, Elizabeth City 12
1943 Class A: Reidsville and Laurinburg tie 6-6
1944 Class A: Laurinburg 8, Reidsville 7
1945 Class A: Reidsville 27, Laurinburg 0
1949 Class A: Henderson 20, Reidsville 14
1950 2A: Reidsville 26, Henderson 0
1951 2A: Lumberton 18, Reidsville 13
1954 2A: Reidsville 20, Graham 6
1963 3A Region 2: Reidsville and Brevard tie 0-0 (Note: Regional final only, did not face Region 1 champion)
1969 3A West: Reidsville 35, Mount Airy 12 (Note: Regional final only, did not face East champion)
1970 3A West: Reidsville 10, Pisgah 7 (Note: Regional final only, did not face East champion)
Subdivision Era (2002-2020): 9-2
2002 2AA: Reidsville 34, Bandys 14
2003 2AA: Reidsville 68, Bandys 12
2005 2AA: Shelby 26, Reidsville 18
2007 2AA: Reidsville 28, Shelby 20
2008 2AA: Reidsville 24, East Lincoln 7
2009 2AA: Reidsville 28, Newton-Conover 6
2016 2A: Reidsville 58, Holmes 12
2017 2A: Wallace-Rose Hill 35, Reidsville 28
2018 2A: Reidsville 31, Northeastern 28
2019 2A: Reidsville 14, Northeastern 0
2020-2021 2A: Reidsville 35, Mountain Heritage 6
Modern Classification Era (2021-): 0-1
2022 2A: East Duplin 24, Reidsville 21

I find it a bit odd that the state adds a note that 1963, 1969 and 1970 don't count as state champs but they make no mention of the subdivision era when AA didn't face A. Both were subdivisions - just depends on how you slice the pie. (So glad now with the 8 classes in a couple of years, there won't be that argument again).

I've always said that any time a team plays the final game that their governing body allows, it's a state championship for the record book. Same for Shelby in the Western Association. Don't tell the kids on those teams that they weren't champions.

If I recall correctly when I did the research a few years ago, when Reidsville won titles in 1969 and 1970 there were 40-something schools in the 3A East and a similar number in the 3A West. Also, during those years there were 42 schools in the Western Activities Association. So really not much difference in the total fields.

Thanks, TGT. Well done and stated.
Since you did Mule’s work for him, we will respectfully ask that you post Shelby’s record in championship games, perhaps using the same source.

Thanks, TGT. Well done and stated.
Since you did Mule’s work for him, we will respectfully ask that you post Shelby’s record in championship games, perhaps using the same source.
HighSchoolOT (a great website, I might add) listed only the teams that are playing this year. I'll leave it to you to research the Shelby finalist teams.

One other note about 1970, Fayetteville Seventy-First won the 3A East and Reidsville won 3A West and would have met if another round had been allowed. Both of those schools are in this year's championships, Seventy-First facing Hickory in 3A.

Reactions: Rammer16
Shelby’s Championships

47, 68, 70, 72, 75, 76, 84 Div 2, 86, 87, 98, 05, 06, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21.

Shelby Runnerup

24, 44, 63, 69, 74, 83 Div 2, 88, 97, 04, 07.

Both Reidsville and Shelby have 29 appearances.

No 31 year gap for Shelby within the last 50 years. All evenly spaced and generational.

Reidsville has never won a unified classification title, where the class was not subdivided or a rival association existed where the champs never met.

Shelby won unified in 86, 87, 98, and 21.

Have at it, old goat.
Don’t hurt yourself.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Shelby is far ahead of Reidsville in;

Playoff games
Playoff wins
Playoff winning percentage
Regional finals

In most, Reidsville is not even in 2nd place.

2ndtoReidsville, you just can't stand it. We live in the world of today. You live in yesterday and spin, spin , spin.
I seldom think past last week. Example, What was I doing four nights ago from 7:00 PM to 9:45 PM. You are so big on history.......guess? ? 22-19 and getting better.

Shelby’s Championships

47, 68, 70, 72, 75, 76, 84 Div 2, 86, 87, 98, 05, 06, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21.

Shelby Runnerup

No 31 year gap for Shelby within the last 50 years. All evenly spaced and generational.

Reidsville has never won a unified classification title, where the class was not subdivided or a rival association existed where the champs never met.

Have at it, old goat.
Don’t hurt yourself.

Thats a nice 21 year gap you got there between 47 and 68.

All this talk about the past. In drag racing they have a saying, you are only as good as your last run down the track.
When it comes to reidsville-Shelby, that last run sure felt good. And perhaps that’s all that matters.

Til we meet again.

Reactions: Rammer16
Hey ram fans

Good luck
To tell the truth, your bunch is more fun to argue with than that bunch from down east. Got to admit you are as good selling you baloney sandwiches as moving the pig skin down the field. Stores down your way must be full of baloney. I like it that 2ndtoReidsville is still trudging on. I am sure it is particularly hard on him. Now you, I know it is as easy for you to come in and throw an occasional jab as it was last week throwing all those haymakers.

Reactions: Chopper747
All this talk about the past. In drag racing they have a saying, you are only as good as your last run down the track.
When it comes to reidsville-Shelby, that last run sure felt good. And perhaps that’s all that matters.

Til we meet again.

Yeah, this thread is dead. Full attention should be on clinton now

To tell the truth, your bunch is more fun to argue with than that bunch from down east. Got to admit you are as good selling you baloney sandwiches as moving the pig skin down the field. Stores down your way must be full of baloney. I like it that 2ndtoReidsville is still trudging on. I am sure it is particularly hard on him. Now you, I know it is as easy for you to come in and throw an occasional jab as it was last week throwing all those haymakers.

I hope ya'll dont lose, BUT if you do, dont vanish

Make sure you come back to give "insight" on why it happened.

• Haha
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Thats a nice 21 year gap you got there between 47 and 68.

You didn’t see 63?
Even appearances. In the mix.
Biggest gap for us is 24-44. 20 years.
But do you hear yourself?

31 consecutive years of drought within the last 50 recent years of modern football ?!? Not even appearing?

Embarrassing bogus claim.

I bet you would trade the scenarios in a second. How much have you caught up in the last 22 years?

You never answer that. Was you wrong last week? Answer that!!!! Or just go on somewhere to your Imaginary Kingdom. The Kingdom of the Cowardly Lion!!!!!
This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board. You and everyone else knows the answer. It's just funny that you want to go 22 years. Lets go:

10 years - Shelby 7 - Reidsville 4

70s - Shelby 4 Reidsville 1
80s - Shelby 2 Reidsville 0 (no subdividing)
90s - Shelby 1 Reidsville 0 (no subdividing)
00s - Shelby 2 Reidsville 5
10s - Shelby 6 Reidsville 3
20s - Shelby 1 (No subdividing 2021) - Reidsville 1 (Covid Spring 2020/2021 subdivided)

16-10

Shelby has gained ground or tied in all but 1 of the last 6 decades and we currently sit tied in this decade with 7 years to go. I just hope the fossil is still around when we secure the last one and hold ALL statistical categories.

Reactions: 2nd To None
Shelby’s Championships

Shelby Runnerup

Have at it, old goat.
Don’t hurt yourself.
Please enlighten your favorite posters about 1947 and 1984.

I am sure your spinning will be most entertaining.

Hey ram fans

Good luck
If anything people making it seem like we are playing ED again and not Clinton. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board. You and everyone else knows the answer. It's just funny that you want to go 22 years. Lets go:

10 years - Shelby 7 - Reidsville 4

70s - Shelby 4 Reidsville 1
80s - Shelby 2 Reidsville 0 (no subdividing)
90s - Shelby 1 Reidsville 0 (no subdividing)
00s - Shelby 2 Reidsville 5
10s - Shelby 6 Reidsville 3
20s - Shelby 1 (No subdividing 2021) - Reidsville 1 (Covid Spring 2020/2021 subdivided)

16-10

Shelby has gained ground or tied in all but 1 of the last 6 decades and we currently sit tied in this decade with 7 years to go. I just hope the fossil is still around when we secure the last one and hold ALL statistical categories.
You won’t even be around when that happens.

Every PR expert in the world will tell you that when you have bad news coming it is always best to get out front with your side of the story no matter how ridiculous it may be. To be forwarded is to be the best possible news.

This will be fun. At least for nearly all posters.:cool:

Stop flapping your gums and bring it old man.
We don’t know how much longer you can speak intelligently.

Is your 1963 Title bogus?

Stop flapping your gums and bring it old man.
We don’t know how much longer you can speak intelligently.
You have way to much time on your hands. You have been nearly silent for several days since before the beat down. You and your playmates have to get together and try to come up with a response to our questions. Then you don't answer, you go out on a tangent and hope no one calls you on the diversion. I have seen people like you all my life. Talk big, get something started, then run away, nothing but a coward.

I know you will be watching REIDSVILLE play Clinton. I know you realize you didn't close the gap last year, you won't this year, and it will be at least a year from now before you can close the gap any. 49-7, Reidsville still has a good core of returners and a great pipeline. How improved must you be to overcome that massive deficit. There is a large talent gap in your roster compared to ours. I know it is eating you to realize we aren't in the least fearful of Shelby. Thing is many saw your weaknesses in the playoffs. Many teams don't fear you now. Burns got a running clock on you last year and we nearly did this year. We didn't need it so we let up and held the ball. You aren't happy now and will not be for a long while. We are gonna be on you like a duck on june bug. You will know no peace on here and your arguments run hollow. You are a joke on here. A big looser. A coward. Go cry somewhere else. We all have to get ready for a road trip to Raleigh. You can watch on TV. I know you will. See you next year, 22-19 headed maybe for 23. Eat you heart out. See you later, 2ndtoReidsville.

I know it is eating you to realize we aren't in the least fearful of Shelby. . Many teams don't fear you now.
Im gonna call BS on this and here is why....

Yall were all up in your humbleness until you beat us last friday, yall feared yet another throat punching like the last three times yall faced Shelby.... Then when yall did the boot stomping of us and yes they kicked the living you know what out of us, all the sudden the humble went away, Some of your fans went from nearly calling for the coaches heads in the beginning of the year, to Clinton basically doesnt have a prayer Saturday.... They better have 5 division one defensive backs and garbage like that.... GTFOH with all that nonsense.....

You beat big bad Shelby, and are now sticking out some of those bird chests ranting and raving... I know it, you know it and Helga knows it.... Beat Clinton, hey congrats on yet another title, lose again with all that top tier best ever talent yall talk about and my god dont look at this site Saturday night late....LOL

Good luck to both all nonsense aside, it should be one more fantastic game and yes the two best 2a teams in NC (THIS YEAR)are lining it up Saturday....

BTW Hoey, you talking a lot of smack for someone that disappeared November 2021 only to reappear here when the Rams got healthy this year.... Speaking of years of hiatus, you bandwagon fan you..... You should be ashamed , turn in that XXXXXXXL Rams jersey this very moment:)

One last thing, you're trying a little to hard to get under their skin, it wont work, they got you on the end of their strings leading you where they want you to go, and Im gonna be honest, Im giggling like a 10 year old about it...../. Of course Im a 52 year old immature brat LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT