ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Reidsville Western Championship

Im gonna call BS on this and here is why....

You beat big bad Shelby, and are now sticking out some of those bird chests ranting and raving... I know it, you know it and Helga knows it....

laughing-lmao.gif

Yall were all up in your humbleness until you beat us last friday, yall feared yet another throat punching like the last three times yall faced Shelby.... Then when yall did the boot stomping of us and yes they kicked the living you know what out of us, all the sudden the humble went away, Some of your fans went from nearly calling for the coaches heads in the beginning of the year, to Clinton basically doesnt have a prayer Saturday.... They better have 5 division one defensive backs and garbage like that.... GTFOH with all that nonsense.....

You beat big bad Shelby, and are now sticking out some of those bird chests ranting and raving... I know it, you know it and Helga knows it.... Beat Clinton, hey congrats on yet another title, lose again with all that top tier best ever talent yall talk about and my god dont look at this site Saturday night late....LOL

Good luck to both all nonsense aside, it should be one more fantastic game and yes the two best 2a teams in NC (THIS YEAR)are lining it up Saturday....

BTW Hoey, you talking a lot of smack for someone that disappeared November 2021 only to reappear here when the Rams got healthy this year.... Speaking of years of hiatus, you bandwagon fan you..... You should be ashamed , turn in that XXXXXXXL Rams jersey this very moment:)

One last thing, you're trying a little to hard to get under their skin, it wont work, they got you on the end of their strings leading you where they want you to go, and Im gonna be honest, Im giggling like a 10 year old about it...../. Of course Im a 52 year old immature brat LOL
I gotta call BS. On the coaching part. I remember just a short couple years ago after winning state the next season said that it was time for the Shelby coach to be fired after an early season loss. Me personally I know I have blamed coaches for things. Are we suppose to blame the kids? I don’t think so. Yes Reidsville is more talented than other years. Sometimes it makes it harder to coach sometime it makes it easier. All depends on personalities. Coach Erik Teague has done very well with this group of guys. He could win it this weekend and then lose a game early next season and people will be trashing him again. That’s just how successful programs work. I’m proud we are one of those programs and look forward to my son playing for Teague one day.

P.S they probably need at least 3 D1 DBs seeing that Reidsville has 3 D1 receivers/tightends. Hat for Hat is the old saying.

Also I don’t think I’ve seen many saying Clinton has no chance. Just the opposite . But I have Rams by 14-17 if we play our game. Go RAMS

HighSchoolOT (a great website, I might add) listed only the teams that are playing this year. I'll leave it to you to research the Shelby finalist teams.

One other note about 1970, Fayetteville Seventy-First won the 3A East and Reidsville won 3A West and would have met if another round had been allowed. Both of those schools are in this year's championships, Seventy-First facing Hickory in 3A.
71st's coach Boyette ended up in Reidsville in '74.

Yall were all up in your humbleness until you beat us last friday, yall feared yet another throat punching like the last three times yall faced Shelby.... Then when yall did the boot stomping of us and yes they kicked the living you know what out of us, all the sudden the humble went away, Some of your fans went from nearly calling for the coaches heads in the beginning of the year, to Clinton basically doesnt have a prayer Saturday.... They better have 5 division one defensive backs and garbage like that.... GTFOH with all that nonsense.....

You beat big bad Shelby, and are now sticking out some of those bird chests ranting and raving... I know it, you know it and Helga knows it.... Beat Clinton, hey congrats on yet another title, lose again with all that top tier best ever talent yall talk about and my god dont look at this site Saturday night late....LOL

Good luck to both all nonsense aside, it should be one more fantastic game and yes the two best 2a teams in NC (THIS YEAR)are lining it up Saturday....

BTW Hoey, you talking a lot of smack for someone that disappeared November 2021 only to reappear here when the Rams got healthy this year.... Speaking of years of hiatus, you bandwagon fan you..... You should be ashamed , turn in that XXXXXXXL Rams jersey this very moment:)

One last thing, you're trying a little to hard to get under their skin, it wont work, they got you on the end of their strings leading you where they want you to go, and Im gonna be honest, Im giggling like a 10 year old about it...../. Of course Im a 52 year old immature brat LOL
I have got under enough skin to cover a circus tent!

One last thing, you're trying a little to hard to get under their skin, it wont work, they got you on the end of their strings leading you where they want you to go, and Im gonna be honest, Im giggling like a 10 year old about it
Hoey is new to us and, seemingly, here, as I don't remember him much before this year. He doesn't realize what he is getting into with my pops. He's just going to have to be educated like all the rest. The fossil seems to have forgotten that we hashed this out before and all came to agreement with what TGT said...."if the team played every game they could and won every playoff game presented to them then they are state champions."

One thing about statistics....they are factual and can't be argued against. Reidsville holds ONLY one of the many categories over us. It is a big one but as history proves, they will lose their grasp on that one in the near future.

It's great to be a Shelby Golden Lion! The most successful, sustained, winningest program in the history of North Carolina high school football!

Reactions: Shelby Lion
Hoey is new to us and, seemingly, here, as I don't remember him much before this year. He doesn't realize what he is getting into with my pops. He's just going to have to be educated like all the rest. The fossil seems to have forgotten that we hashed this out before and all came to agreement with what TGT said...."if the team played every game they could and won every playoff game presented to them then they are state champions."

One thing about statistics....they are factual and can't be argued against. Reidsville holds ONLY one of the many categories over us. It is a big one but as history proves, they will lose their grasp on that one in the near future.

It's great to be a Shelby Golden Lion! The most successful, sustained, winningest program in the history of North Carolina high school football!

Dont forget the scoring streak!

I'm going to try again to get the NCHSAA to recognize those championships. Seems like a huge slight and slap in the face of the student-athletes who worked so hard to achieve their goals during those seasons that the NCHSAA wants to discredit.

Thankful that most of the media around Reidsville recognizes the 22 titles.

I'm going to try again to get the NCHSAA to recognize those championships. Seems like a huge slight and slap in the face of the student-athletes who worked so hard to achieve their goals during those seasons that the NCHSAA wants to discredit.

Thankful that most of the media around Reidsville recognizes the 22 titles.

And if all Reidsville’s Championships are recognized, then all Shelby’s must, also.
And the historic black high schools as well.

What if they never played a playoff game? Would that qualify as a "Title" compared to a NCHSAA State Champion?

What if they never played a playoff game? Would that qualify as a "Title" compared to a NCHSAA State Champion?

Hey!
You woke up ! We were worried about you….not.

Yes that qualifies.
“They won every game they could”

The scoring streak and the winning streak are both functions of the competition, as well as program excellence.
If Reidsville had played Shelby’s schedule of the past several decades, you would have had neither.
Everything is subjective and argumentative ... no need to discredit the accomplishments. C'mon man.

What if a NCHSAA member lost to a WNCHSAA member that failed to even make the WNCHSAA playoffs?
Could they still be crowned as a NCHSAA State Champion, though only winning a NCHSAA Regional playoff?

Everything is subjective and argumentative ... no need to discredit the accomplishments. C'mon man.

It is true.
Reidsville’s historically soft schedule has benefitted them enormously, especially with playoff home field.
Why are your county opponents so consistently weak. It makes no sense with Reidsville as the stand alone winner there.
Who is your rival? Seriously, who?
That is so odd.

It is true.
Reidsville’s historically soft schedule has benefitted them enormously, especially with playoff home field.
Why are your county opponents so consistently weak. It makes no sense with Reidsville as the stand alone winner there.
That is so odd.
Used to be Cummings and earlier than that Morehead (some good teams but not every year) ... who is Shelby's current conference rival?

Whatever it takes to win 22 titles, most in state history. Can't discredit that. Reidsville defeated everybody the state had to offer in 22 years.

Hey!
You woke up ! We were worried about you….not.

Yes that qualifies.
“They won every game they could”
:p :p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We will point out your sick claims to "19 Titles" after Saturday. We actually have another game to play. Sad that you are trying to trick TGT into supporting your claims when he doesn't even know the details of some of your "Title" claims.

You and "pop" are Monte Python and we hold "THE HOLY GRAIL". Your team is a winner but you are losers. You argue about 30 years that occured 20 to 50 years ago. And in the same post attempt to split the last 22 years off to 10 years. Was 7 out of the last 10 now it's 7 out of the last 11. You are not stretching it- reality is.

:p :p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We will point out your sick claims to "19 Titles" after Saturday. We actually have another game to play. Sad that you are trying to trick TGT into supporting your claims when he doesn't even know the details of some of your "Title" claims.
I'm aware of the early years of the Western Association ... playoffs some years, none some years and a bowl game at Lenoir-Rhyne 4 years where the teams were selected several weeks before the regular season ended. The Western Association finally got it together around 1960 with actual playoffs. Shelby won in 1968, 1970, 1972 and 1976 (the final year) and had a tie with North Davidson in 1975. (Ties count).

Last edited:
Don't you love the history of NC high school football? The NCHSAA's consolation bowl for a couple years is bogus.

Last edited:
I'm aware of the early years of the Western Association ... playoffs some years, none some years and a bowl game at Lenoir-Rhyne 4 years where the teams were selected several weeks before the regular season ended. The Western Association finally got it together around 1960 with actual playoffs. Shelby won in 1968, 1970, 1972 and 1976 (the final year) and had a tie with North Davidson in 1975. (Ties count).
But the threesome claims 1947 as a "Title". So you must be mistaken. :rolleyes:

Here's the info I have on 1947:
Harvest Bowl: Concord 13, Shelby 6
Hmmmmm?

It is true.
That is so odd.
So home field is why y’all lost by 35? Got it.

Here's the info I have on 1947:
Harvest Bowl: Concord 13, Shelby 6
Hmmmmm?
No, no. You don't understand. Shelby won a "Title" in 1947. Certified by the threesome. Naturally they will be posting almost immediately to explain how you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Used to be Cummings and earlier than that Morehead (some good teams but not every year) ... who is Shelby's current conference rival?

Used to be…..Earlier
Do you hear yourself.

Burns is a quality conference opponent. You know that.
Top 10 recent years and a former State Champ.
You have no one.
We hate our current conference of the past 3 years and 1 to go.
Crest, Kings Mountain, Belmont South Point and Burns were all super conference opponents for most of our history.
You have had nothing like that.

Now they are non conference and higher classes, and Top 10, and we STILL play them.
Our non conference play has always been quality opponents from higher classes always.

There is just no comparison.
And it has benefitted Reidsville greatly.

The 31 consecutive recent year gap proves what happens when Reidsville plays difficult schedules.

Used to be…..Earlier
Do you hear yourself.

You have no one.
Crest, Kings Mountain, Belmont South Point and Burns were all super conference opponents for most of our history.

Now they are non conference and higher classes, and Top 10, and we STILL play them.
Our non conference play has always been quality opponents from higher classes always.

The 31 consecutive recent year gap proves what happens when Reidsville plays difficult schedules.
So if you win a state title it was an easy schedule?

Used to be…..Earlier
Do you hear yourself.

You have no one.

How is the gap from the 70s to the turn of the century "recent"? Reidsville has been dominating for almost a quarter century now.

The scoring streak and the winning streak are both functions of the competition, as well as program excellence.
If Reidsville had played Shelby’s schedule of the past several decades, you would have had neither.
Just always remember that Shelby did its part to extend Reidsville’s winning streak in the 2007 state final. Shelby had its chance to prove once and for all that it was a function of weak competition. But they failed, just like the other 54 opponents...

Reactions: Rammer16 and FACT24
I guess there were three straight undefeated 16-0 seasons against cupcakes. Was Shelby 2007 team a cupcake ?

I guess there were three straight undefeated 16-0 seasons against cupcakes. Was Shelby 2007 team a cupcake ?
I guess you are still waiting about the 1947 Title claim?

It is just amazing that anyone would just accept what these posters would claim as fact. Truly amazing.

It is true.
That is so odd.
I know one that, this year, certainly was not our rival, and that is Shelby. You were one of our easiest games. Think about that not many teams did we beat with a larger margin. 49-14, 22-19 Slipping, slipping, slipping. You gonna give me and education or and indoctrination. I have a pretty good education and I don't believe you capable of indoctrination!

You know the nice thing about NC Preps, it is all recorded. I can show where you, just a few post up, presented an argument against Reidsville, which you think bolster your case for Shelby greatness, yet a few weeks ago used the same argument to make opposite claims to bolster your case for Shelby greatness. I have not looked back to find your exact words, but I think you have actually used this argument twice before. That is the reason I remember it now. This is the third time I have seen you this present illogical argument. If you want me to prove it I will. Want to embarrass yourself, ask for the evidence.

A couple of weeks ago, I ask little boy theFAKEdynasty to answer
how much you caught up in the last 22 years? After which he stayed "off the air" so he could, ponder how to, spin my question. So here yesterday he answers, his on own question, as a smart reply to my question. Here is your reply:

This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board. You and everyone else knows the answer. It's just funny that you want to go 22 years. Lets go:

10 years - Shelby 7 - Reidsville 4

I asked about the last 22 he gives the last 10, it is actually like a horse race one is out front, the other horse gains, then the leader pulls away again. If you take the lead, it will be a long time coming. W. Edward Demings, the quality guru, when asked in the 90's, How long before the US auto industry catches up with Japan in quality?" His reply "What makes you think the Japanese are standing still". Reidsville is not standing still.

I know one that, this year, certainly was not our rival, and that is Shelby. You were one of our easiest games. Think about that not many teams did we beat with a larger margin. 49-14, 22-19 Slipping, slipping, slipping. You gonna give me and education or and indoctrination. I have a pretty good education and I don't believe you capable of indoctrination!

You know the nice thing about NC Preps, it is all recorded. I can show where you, just a few post up, presented an argument against Reidsville, which you think bolster your case for Shelby greatness, yet a few weeks ago used the same argument to make opposite claims to bolster your case for Shelby greatness. I have not looked back to find your exact words, but I think you have actually used this argument twice before. That is the reason I remember it now. This is the third time I have seen you this present illogical argument. If you want me to prove it I will. Want to embarrass yourself, ask for the evidence.

A couple of weeks ago, I ask little boy theFAKEdynasty to answer
how much you caught up in the last 22 years? After which he stayed "off the air" so he could, ponder how to, spin my question. So here yesterday he answers, his on own question, as a smart reply to my question. Here is your reply:

This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board. You and everyone else knows the answer. It's just funny that you want to go 22 years. Lets go:

10 years - Shelby 7 - Reidsville 4

I asked about the last 22 he gives the last 10, it is actually like a horse race one is out front, the other horse gains, then the leader pulls away again. If you take the lead, it will be a long time coming. W. Edward Demings, the quality guru, when asked in the 90's, How long before the US auto industry catches up with Japan in quality?" His reply "What makes you think the Japanese are standing still". Reidsville is not standing still.
And you believe the claim about the "19 Titles"? Wise up. These "gentlemen" will claim anything if posters are gullible enough to believe what they post.

• Haha
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
And you believe the claim about the "19 Titles"? Wise up. These "gentlemen" will claim anything if posters are gullible enough to believe what they post.

Can Reidsville finally lay "claim" to their FIRST EVER championship title where they can officially say they are better than all the schools that are their same size? Because that has NEVER happened before.

Can Reidsville finally lay "claim" to their FIRST EVER championship title where they can officially say they are better than all the schools that are their same size? Because that has NEVER happened before.

Do you think they even understand that ?!

During the subdivision era, teams were separated into A and AA divisions based on... Get this... Size of the schools.

So based on your statement, yes, Reidsville has already laid claim to a championship title where they can say they were better than all the schools of the same size.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT