ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Lincolnton

Is Lincolnton's best defense that a kid from East Lincoln is really good? I keep saying he's great. You Wolves are getting offended that it isn't high enough praise. Come on people.

So we have the best athletes you'll see all year. What do yall got? You live in the same county as a good player?

You'll see my measure of athletic caliber tomorrow night. Shelby by 23.
Now you're just being argumentative. I asked a reasonable question, miles.

If you believe the rumor mill, no we do not live in the same county as that great player...(easy, CM3...humor)

We believe you, sir! we believe you will have the best athletes we've seen all year! No question from me.
But you are making silly statements, because you seem to have made yourself mad about Chazz Surratt, for some reason..lol. And I don't think you've ever seen him play! (I wish I hadn't)

And we don't want your praise, mr. Davis. We want the grass from your field in our keepsake cabinets!

And you stole my "score revision" theme...not cool...so I'm upping my prediction. Wolves by 10!

Lighten up, guy, there's a whole day to go!

Nobody from Shelby has ever seen anyone play that has not been on an opposing Shelby side. They define greatness only from their turf. Matter of fact they never come to a 2A board (other than Shelby Lion) because admitting they are 2A is a sin. Its in the Shelby ten commandments.

ROFL!!

I'm getting a kick out of this !! Each post the point spread is going up in integers of one!! Ha ha

Typical late year thread !!! Two respected fan bases giving praise where praise is due! Then the very moment someone posts a score the other side don't agree with the nice guy wheels fall off!!! I get so tickled reading threads such as these !!! All fun and games then the second someone posts or gives their God given right to an opinion like " we win by 21" it stars a war of words!! Keep it going gang it happens weekly/monthly / yearly on here and I've been here since like 2001 or 2002

Also as it pertains to above you will always see this : example 2004 Shelby had a very good team ! We all thought we would Win it all! We had numerous mistakes inside our 35 that game and we got throttled 49-21 by SWO!!! We were crucified on these boards and I remember in particular one long time poster saying after the game " Shelby would be the fifth best team in our conference" I mean crucified us ....Some posters tried to bring up the turnovers and mistakes and boom crucified us even worse

Forward to 2013 we do the same to SWO... They had numerous blocked punts and we win big! Some of the posters that crucified us for using the turnover excuse did the exact same thing after that game!!! Basically it's a story of ego AND opinion and I get a kick out of reading it week in and week out ...

Guarantee one thing: Lincolnton beats us tomorrow night there will be posters coming out of the woodwork crucifying us! There have been many posters all year talking about us and a cakewalk to the title game ! Honestly the majority aren't even Shelby fans ! Heck there's a 7 page thread over on CP About Shelby playoff opponents that wasn't even started by a Shelby fan! We have people from SWE to Kinston that would love nothing more than to see us lose tomorrow night ! I believe they'd rather see us lose than their team win!

With that said I think Shelby wins tomorrow ! I'll never pick against em! If we lose I'll be here to congratulate the wolves and sit back and read all the nonsense about how over rated we were etc etc etc! If we win well heck we were supposed too !!!

Keep it coming folks !! It's entertaining and I love reading it !!!

At the end of the day we all say we're gonna win!!! Confident in our teams ability to beat anyone put in front of them .... Ain't that how it's supposed to be ? Getting all bent out of shape is just part of the hilarity to me and I can't get enough !!! Go get em posters !! You make it fun for this ol fella !!!

now...let's take a short break...what is the specialty in your concession stand? Not gonna be able to stop for burgers in Cherryville or BBQ in Shelltown...

HA! Well done.

I'm not concerned about Surratt. I was disappointed that we didn't end up in the same playoff bracket with EL. Just seems the more I say he's great, the more riled up Lincolnton fans get. So, he's a fine little player.

I've never seen him live. A bunch on the internet. My impression has always been that he is a better athlete than he is a QB, but that is sometimes hard to tell in High School. I think he'll do well on the next level. Wish he'd have kept his commitment to Duke. (I hate UNC)

I did steal your score revision - thanks for that one. That idea and Suratt are the two best things to come out of Lincoln county.

ROFL!!

I'm getting a kick out of this !! Each post the point spread is going up in integers of one!! Ha ha

Typical late year thread !!! Two respected fan bases giving praise where praise is due! Then the very moment someone posts a score the other side don't agree with the nice guy wheels fall off!!! I get so tickled reading threads such as these !!! All fun and games then the second someone posts or gives their God given right to an opinion like " we win by 21" it stars a war of words!! Keep it going gang it happens weekly/monthly / yearly on here and I've been here since like 2001 or 2002

Also as it pertains to above you will always see this : example 2004 Shelby had a very good team ! We all thought we would Win it all! We had numerous mistakes inside our 35 that game and we got throttled 49-21 by SWO!!! We were crucified on these boards and I remember in particular one long time poster saying after the game " Shelby would be the fifth best team in our conference" I mean crucified us ....Some posters tried to bring up the turnovers and mistakes and boom crucified us even worse

Forward to 2013 we do the same to SWO... They had numerous blocked punts and we win big! Some of the posters that crucified us for using the turnover excuse did the exact same thing after that game!!! Basically it's a story of ego AND opinion and I get a kick out of reading it week in and week out ...

Guarantee one thing: Lincolnton beats us tomorrow night there will be posters coming out of the woodwork crucifying us! There have been many posters all year talking about us and a cakewalk to the title game ! Honestly the majority aren't even Shelby fans ! Heck there's a 7 page thread over on CP About Shelby playoff opponents that wasn't even started by a Shelby fan! We have people from SWE to Kinston that would love nothing more than to see us lose tomorrow night ! I believe they'd rather see us lose than their team win!

With that said I think Shelby wins tomorrow ! I'll never pick against em! If we lose I'll be here to congratulate the wolves and sit back and read all the nonsense about how over rated we were etc etc etc! If we win well heck we were supposed too !!!

At the end of the day we all say we're gonna win!!! Confident in our teams ability to beat anyone put in front of them .... Ain't that how it's supposed to be ? Getting all bent out of shape is just part of the hilarity to me and I can't get enough !!! Go get em posters !! You make it fun for this ol fella !!![/QUOT

Lincolnton BBQ is 7 times better than the BBQ in Shelby!
Feeling reasonable now, Lion?

Lincolnton BBQ??!? IS there even such a thing? I thought y'all just loaded up the El Camino every weekend and headed down to Bridges for some real BBQ.

ROFL!!

At the end of the day we all say we're gonna win!!! Confident in our teams ability to beat anyone put in front of them .... Ain't that how it's supposed to be ? Getting all bent out of shape is just part of the hilarity to me and I can't get enough !!! Go get em posters !! You make it fun for this ol fella !!!

Just to troll a bit... remember that the unbeaten NE Patriots lost on Sunday to the Broncos with a QB I've never heard of.

HA! Well done.

I'm not concerned about Surratt. I was disappointed that we didn't end up in the same playoff bracket with EL. Just seems the more I say he's great, the more riled up Lincolnton fans get. So, he's a fine little player.

I've never seen him live. A bunch on the internet. My impression has always been that he is a better athlete than he is a QB, but that is sometimes hard to tell in High School. I think he'll do well on the next level. Wish he'd have kept his commitment to Duke. (I hate UNC)

I did steal your score revision - thanks for that one. That idea and Suratt are the two best things to come out of Lincoln county.

I have no words for the contempt I feel for you, sir after that last statement. You saw my weak spot, and went right for it. We're I not a gentleman, and a Tarheel HATER, I would be compelled to ask you to meet me behind the baseball field for an old fashioned fistfight. As It stands, I am simply gonna guarantee the Wolves win by 11...hats off to Mr. lion.

And I'm disappointed you didn't get to play EL as well. Don't take that as me making up with you.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
I have no words for the contempt I feel for you, sir after that last statement. You saw my weak spot, and went right for it. We're I not a gentleman, and a Tarheel HATER, I would be compelled to ask you to meet me behind the baseball field for an old fashioned fistfight. As It stands, I am simply gonna guarantee the Wolves win by 11...hats off to Mr. lion.
I ate at the BBQ king one time!

Key word? ONE!!!

Shelby BBQ is 33 1/3 times better so THERE!!!! Ha
i don't suppose you'd want to quantify your measurement in determining any of that...no...never mind.
I take back my statement. and I'm gonna load up on City Lunch hotdogs before I come, so you won't get my concession money.

Lincolnton BBQ??!? IS there even such a thing? I thought y'all just loaded up the El Camino every weekend and headed down to Bridges for some real BBQ.
Not to belabor the point, but it would be "up to Bridges"...However, I love El Caminos...it would be special to take a drive thru Dirty Ankle in a 1970...
th

Wait... did you mean that as an insult?

Last edited:

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
i don't suppose you'd want to quantify your measurement in determining any of that...no...never mind.
I take back my statement. and I'm gonna load up on City Lunch hotdogs before I come, so you won't get my concession money.

Ok you got me! Maybe not 33 1/3 more along the lines of 27 3/8's ..bbq was good actually ate there with a crowd of Lankerton folks a few years ago before a game .... I enjoyed it ... Still though Shelby Bbq all day every day and twice on Sunday better

Don't worry about not spending on concessions also, we already jacked price up a dollar so basically you've bought at least a drink before you even get in the gate!!! Your welcome

WMD: be careful when it pertains to Reidsville and that title!!! Whew !!!

Ok you got me! Maybe not 33 1/3 more along the lines of 27 3/8's ..bbq was good actually ate there with a crowd of Lankerton folks a few years ago before a game .... I enjoyed it ... Still though Shelby Bbq all day every day and twice on Sunday better

Don't worry about not spending on concessions also, we already jacked price up a dollar so basically you've bought at least a drink before you even get in the gate!!! Your welcome

WMD: be careful when it pertains to Reidsville and that title!!! Whew !!!
Thats more like it. I knew you were exaggerating
And I'm a Cottons cheeseburger guy, myself.

Watch it brother you be called a disgrace to the Shelby name! A loser and dumb!!! Of course maybe that's just me ! I'm only good for posting how good the feed is working or where to eat

Not gonna lie I laughed for 30 minutes when he/ they/them posted that .... They got me there!!!

HAHA...I did too. But y'all would quit every time right when I realized it was going down. It was starting to remind me of the good old days around here.

HAHA...I did too. But y'all would quit every time right when I realized it was going down. It was starting to remind me of the good old days around here.

First time I've ever been put on ignore !!! Wondering though would that be ignored one time or three times considering they are a conglomerate of posters ? Hmmm

?!? I didn't even realize there was an ignore button? Surely that was created specifically fro the poster in question :)

Just realized I keep typing "fro" instead of "for". That must mean it's bedtime. Been fun fellows. Hope ya'll have a safe trip DOWN to Shelby tomorrow. Should be a great game.

Are the 3 kids that sat out last week for getting caught with the left -handed cigarettes gonna play against the Wolves? Must be pretty good players to not be arrested and suspended from school.

Here's what I will say:

We will spot you 120 yds on penalties. That's just what we do.
If...IF...we play to our potential, even with the penalties, it will be over mid 3rd quarter. Lincolnton is a good team, who I wish was still on our schedule every year. Always a fun game. This year, I'd guess you will be the 6th or 7th best team we've played.. Our schedule has just been stacked, and it will pay off this time of year.

Good luck to all...but mostly to my Lions :)

lol if I were a fan I'd have high blood pressure when playing good teams. Dont' forget the fumble here or there. Being mistake prone is hidden with a talented team but in big games it costs big.

Truthhurts before u come on here saying anything know your facts...
One rec didnt play with a concussion. ..
Other 2 were out for dispensary reasons,which nobody...and i say again nobody was caught with pot....
Story i was told, which im not even sure was the 2 kids were late for class,in turn where send to office,where was belived they smelled like pot smoke....
so again it wasnt 3...1 with concussion and 2 were late for class and belived to smell like it...and yes they were suspend for 3 days.
And yes there playing

Thread up to 7 pages...that's all???

At least 2 pages about Chazz Surratt, who isn't even playing in this game between Lincolnton and Shelby tonight :).

Here's what I expect:
  • Both teams bring their A-game
  • Lincolnton runs at least 2 trick plays (one works, one doesn't)
  • At least one big special teams play by Shelby (could be a return or a blocked kick)
  • Dameron gets his 100+ yards and impresses everybody in the stands
  • Lee throws at least 2 TD passes
  • Game decided in 4th Quarter
  • Great sportsmanship by both teams and coaching staffs

Most believable picks I have seen so far are in the gastonia gazette this morning. 0ne had shelby 35-34. The other had Lincolnton 41-38 Both sound more realistic than shelby by 21+ . Just don't see that happening unless or defense sits on the bench for one half of football

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT