ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Defensive Coordinator

Like to say congrats to Hunter Jenks, of becoming new Shelby DC.
He has been head coach at Vance Co. High school, and coached at Clayton high in 17.
Glad to have him aboard.
So he was a head coach at 4A power Vance and now is an assistant for a 2a school? What gives ? Anyway, congrats on a great hire 👏.

Reactions: UNC91
No relation, but have found out he has decided not to come, so DC job back open
I was so ready to see what Shelby looks like with eastern style coaching on the defense. I was already coming up with new punchlines.

I think at this point , the HC should call the defense . Otherwise it may take to July to hire a DC. I’m sure the Golden Lions are doing 7 on 7’s etc.. before that time.
Rough situation. If I were in the final 3, and wasn't chosen, I would 100% decline the job if offered now.

Who coaches the LB's currently? If already on staff, make them the interim coach.

We're good, Wilbanks will call D. Also could be a hire on D , younger kid, has coaching experience, I'm not going name any names yet, that will come on and help coach Wilbanks on D. That is the smartest move instead of a quick hire.
That gives us a year to decide on DC...

Well DC not sure, we hired Chris Ward, he did coach at laney high, but he's hired to help on D, think coach Wilbanks calling the shots this year.
He then will decide where we go for DC.

Well DC not sure, we hired Chris Ward, he did coach at laney high, but he's hired to help on D, think coach Wilbanks calling the shots this year.
He then will decide where we go for DC.
I called this weeks ago. It’s hard to find coordinators this late . Honestly in normal seasons not like this Covid year , all they have to do is hold a team under 30 points.

Why would a guy who coached at a school the size of Laney HS move some 250 miles to work at a school the size of Shelby HS? Good luck to Shelby and Coach Ward but it doesn’t make much sense to me.

Why would a guy who coached at a school the size of Laney HS move some 250 miles to work at a school the size of Shelby HS? Good luck to Shelby and Coach Ward but it doesn’t make much sense to me.

It’s not always about school size

Makes zero sense to me as well. The guy must be doing anything to get a HC. You shelby guys crack me up, yall acting like this is such a high end job as the DC. Hope he doesn't choke like shelby just did cause they will shitcan him faster then the first dude. After one game, yall shelby folks were calling for the dudes head.

His girlfriend going to school in Spartanburg
It’s not always about school size
Makes zero sense to me as well. The guy must be doing anything to get a HC. You shelby guys crack me up, yall acting like this is such a high end job as the DC. Hope he doesn't choke like shelby just did cause they will shitcan him faster then the first dude. After one game, yall shelby folks were calling for the dudes head.

Funny exchange

On a side note, are Shelby posters investigative journalists on the side? How do you all 'know' the personal lives of new applicants and transfers? You all members of Guardians of the Green Lantern guild or what?

And it sounds like you Jenks worry more about Shelby then u do bout where your next meal will be..
No matter what we do or say , it want ever be right.
Sound like a bunch let tards to me.

And it sounds like you Jenks worry more about Shelby then u do bout where your next meal will be..
No matter what we do or say , it want ever be right.
Sound like a bunch let tards to me.

If you say so......

Only fan base calling for the DC when the HC makes the final calls on what defense will be ran. You must be the tard that doesn't know this. Played ball a loooooong time, never DC have say over the HC. You couldnt blame the HC so shittalked the DC until he left. That meth must be back around in shelby town

Funny thing is u think u know what goes on at Shelby and u dont!..
As ill say again, I don't know if he was hired as a DC or just to hp on Defense.
Not been officially told last word by Coach was he would just call D . When other guy backed out...
As far as we choked this year, yeah we feel we under achieved but as always we will be back.

Funny thing is u think u know what goes on at Shelby and u dont!..
As ill say again, I don't know if he was hired as a DC or just to hp on Defense.
Not been officially told last word by Coach was he would just call D . When other guy backed out...
As far as we choked this year, yeah we feel we under achieved but as always we will be back.

You sound like you're married to the coach? Glad you know the ins and out lol

They're incredulous.

They think a lot of themselves. We crest fans aren’t anything like that.

Rulz, u know me personally, and u know I know whats going on at Shelby.and at Crest too..🤣.plus we let yall have back our last DC...🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: crestrulz
Rulz, u know me personally, and u know I know whats going on at Shelby.and at Crest too..🤣.plus we let yall have back our last DC...🤣🤣

This doesn't mean you're not incredulous. All it means is that he knows you...according to you.

Chop, just is whT it is, according u you...🤣🤣🤣🤣
He has a lot of nerve to say that anyone is incredulous. He thinks he knows it all, and he’s below .500 on here vs Cleveland County. @UNC91 hasn’t said a positive word, since he’s been on this site. He’s always negative, and he’s always edgy, always looking to “hate”, and to possibly meet up in a parking lot somewhere, as in how Crestrulz used to do. Had I not read him post before that he was married, I would think that he desperately needed “some”, to mellow his ass out some. That “build up” can be a crucial.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
Lol, yep LA, bet u didn't know too Rutz use to go to Shelby too..lol
But yeah these fools don't know we reloading again, we will be fine

Lol, yep LA, bet u didn't know too Rutz use to go to Shelby too..lol
But yeah these fools don't know we reloading again, we will be fine
Rulz went to Sinkhole/Gangland High at some point? Wow! I never would have guessed that. I knew his dad is a Shelby alumni.

My son is doing his internship at SHS. He’s sees their workouts daily. He bragged about the speed we have, and mentioned that they are all underclassmen. #23 was the fastest player at a camp at South Carolina University recently. He and another rising sophomore runningback placed first and third in the 100 meters, in a big meet at KM last month. Their times were 11.1 and 11.2, respectively. There was a lot of chirping at us last season. Let’s see what this season holds.

Last edited:
Call me a know it all if you want. One thing I do know, over 70% of your fan base claim to have inside information. You should change your mascot name from the Lion to the Inside Man.

Thanks LA, I don't claim to know it all but I'm in the thick of things.
I donate more money in a year then Chopoer paid for that double wide he owns...🤣🤣🤣🤣
And coach Wilbanks told me at Girls basketball banquet tue. That Coach Lane is new DC now
There really impressed with him.
Coach Scott says we see what we got Sat. 7 on 7 at Northwestern High in SC.
We are only NC school there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT