ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Defensive Coordinator

Formerly Tabor City.
I must admit… my initial reaction to Choppers’ post was…..oh lord…he is catfishing the Eastern boys.😁… it wreaked of Wizard bait! 😂

For the Burns boys….We’ll just call it….dog piling on Shelby’s thread. Soooo…let’s keep it going.

South Columbus is in Conference 5 2a-1a. They’re in with the other 2 Columbuses, Whiteville, Pender, Heide Trask.

Here’s a fun fact….South Columbus was in the 2a West bracket in ‘17! Do what??
Yep… I remember Lincolnton had to travel all the way to Tabor city to play a 2nd round game. South Columbus won too!
There’s an Eastern team that made it to the 3rd round in the west bracket. Go figure!

I must admit… my initial reaction to Choppers’ post was…..oh lord…he is catfishing the Eastern boys.😁… it wreaked of Wizard bait! 😂

For the Burns boys….We’ll just call it….dog piling on Shelby’s thread. Soooo…let’s keep it going.

South Columbus is in Conference 5 2a-1a. They’re in with the other 2 Columbuses, Whiteville, Pender, Heide Trask.

Here’s a fun fact….South Columbus was in the 2a West bracket in ‘17! Do what??
Yep… I remember Lincolnton had to travel all the way to Tabor city to play a 2nd round game. South Columbus won too!
There’s an Eastern team that made it to the 3rd round in the west bracket. Go figure!
That was the last time Lincolnton made the playoffs. One thing is for sure, split conferences are no good. We need 5 classifications. I have been saying that for 15 years. The problem in our state of high school athletics is some schools do not vote. In my opinion, all charter and private schools should play at the highest classification. Of course you know what they say about opinions.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Go get the darkest, most polarizing man to ever coach in Cleveland County, I’m getting chills as I type this, but go get this man out of mothballs. I’m talking none other than Big Red himself, Roy Kirby. That man was a defensive genius! The Shelby D would instantly become hellacious. And, SHS LION, I’m just kidding. Wouldn’t want you going into cardiac arrest, the thought of RC actually coaching at SHS.

Go get the darkest, most polarizing man to ever coach in Cleveland County, I’m getting chills as I type this, but go get this man out of mothballs. I’m talking none other than Big Red himself, Roy Kirby. That man was a defensive genius! The Shelby D would instantly become hellacious. And, SHS LION, I’m just kidding. Wouldn’t want you going into cardiac arrest, the thought of RC actually coaching at SHS.
That's funny. He was actually up in the press box this past season,I believe the KM game.His nephew is Sam Baldree.

Please do it. He’s the only coach I’ve ever saw play South Point without a nose guard over the center. The vaunted diamond defense.

Popping in to say Daylin Lee has made a huge leap from last season.

He's bigger and more confident in the pocket. Great things coming!

If they're better than that team. Then I feel extra sorry for Thomas Jefferson and Bessemer City..
I would add the entire 2a to that list. I gained a step just by watching that ‘19 team.
Talking smack to my fellow senior citizen buddies….challenged them to a 40 yard dash back to the truck after the game with Maiden! 😂
I still got speed!

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and crestrulz
Shelby posters if you will look back at your early posts concerning this past spring season you will see that this was supposed to be one of the best defenses Shelby has ever had. WRONG! And it wasn’t entirely a DC problem. The DC isn’t responsible for missed tackles and bad angles. You guys tend to blow things way out of proportion at times. As gl2004 said, mark my words.

Shelby posters if you will look back at your early posts concerning this past spring season you will see that this was supposed to be one of the best defenses Shelby has ever had. WRONG! And it wasn’t entirely a DC problem. The DC isn’t responsible for missed tackles and bad angles. You guys tend to blow things way out of proportion at times. As gl2004 said, mark my words.

Very true......

our rings aren't blown out of proportion. see you this fall.

No, we’ve moved on. South Point has moved back up to 3A. Judging from your fall schedule, I’d say Shelby has dropped to 1A. It’ll probably be fifty years before Shelby misses the playoffs. Of course it may be that long before they win another championship.

Reactions: UNC91
I still think they play a solid schedule. The conference is bad, but they still at least have burns on it. The non conference is tough so they have like 4 or 5 tough games, which is plenty to me.

No, we’ve moved on. South Point has moved back up to 3A. Judging from your fall schedule, I’d say Shelby has dropped to 1A. It’ll probably be fifty years before Shelby misses the playoffs. Of course it may be that long before they win another championship.

But serious, what's that say for South Point, came down to 2a ball and couldn't win it all.
And that team, most of your fans claimed was one of best got knocked off by who?
No telling what we do , but I'm just as Curious to see what yall do back at 3a

our rings aren't blown out of proportion. see you this fall.
i wouldn't go that far chief. Not all of them, but definitely some of them. Going forward, your schedule being the complete joke it is, and it is a joke and you know it. I'm not saying Shelby is not a good football team, they clearly are. I'm just saying outside of 1 or maybe 2 games that aren't in your conference, your schedule is a complete farce. Shelby Junior High could give some of those teams a good game.

So please, do not be the one to start a Shelby vs Thomas Jefferson or a Shelby vs Bessemer City or a Shelby vs The Ray Charles Institution For The Blind thread.

No one cares.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Shelbyfan1, my comment was concerning Shelby fans telling us how great their spring season was going to be. The offense had a ways to go, but the defense was going to carry the team. I didn’t question your history or the championships Shelby has won in the past. When I post concerning South Point I always try to be accurate and truthful. I may be wrong but I still believe that if Mickey had stayed one more year, South Point would have won back to back State Championships. The first 3A followed by 2A. As I said earlier we will never know. Y’all just keep doing what you do. After a perfect or one or two loss regular season we will see how you guys fare in the playoffs with your new and improved DC. After all spring ball at Shelby was completely his fault.

Shelbyfan1, my comment was concerning Shelby fans telling us how great their spring season was going to be. The offense had a ways to go, but the defense was going to carry the team. I didn’t question your history or the championships Shelby has won in the past. When I post concerning South Point I always try to be accurate and truthful. I may be wrong but I still believe that if Mickey had stayed one more year, South Point would have won back to back State Championships. The first 3A followed by 2A. As I said earlier we will never know. Y’all just keep doing what you do. After a perfect or one or two loss regular season we will see how you guys fare in the playoffs with your new and improved DC. After all spring ball at Shelby was completely his fault.
Funny how they made the DC the scapegoat. Head Honcho was given keys to a Ferrari in 2019, a ready made team expected to win it all. Last season’s team needed some actual coaching, and it was a total disaster from top to bottom. We’re going to see now, though, and as gl04 stated, this team will be loaded. No excuses, no scapegoat this season, show and prove.

Reactions: Crestuff

Looks like Burns is gonna to test that golden secondary this fall.

Although they kinda lived up to their name in the opposite direction in these highlights

Reactions: Lion Attack
That’s the kind of response I was looking for. No bragging, no grand perdition. Good luck this season. I’m sure the proof will be in the pudding, as they say.

Reactions: Lion Attack
i wouldn't go that far chief. Not all of them, but definitely some of them. Going forward, your schedule being the complete joke it is, and it is a joke and you know it. I'm not saying Shelby is not a good football team, they clearly are. I'm just saying outside of 1 or maybe 2 games that aren't in your conference, your schedule is a complete farce. Shelby Junior High could give some of those teams a good game.

So please, do not be the one to start a Shelby vs Thomas Jefferson or a Shelby vs Bessemer City or a Shelby vs The Ray Charles Institution For The Blind thread.

No one cares.
We have Crest,KM,AC,Hibriten,and Burns.Pretty tough schedule for a small 2a team.

Oh, by the way crestrulz you can’t call gl04 chief. That is a very racist thing to say. You may offend him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT