ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Defensive Coordinator

Any Shelby team giving up as many points as they did this year is inexcusable. I'm sure he felt the pressure and realized it was the best decision to find something else. The program is too successful to let mediocre play or coaching become a habit.

Reactions: SHS LION
Any Shelby team giving up as many points as they did this year is inexcusable. I'm sure he felt the pressure and realized it was the best decision to find something else. The program is too successful to let mediocre play or coaching become a habit.
Either he quit or he was going to be physically removed. Shelby isn't allowing that type of defense effort this fall. Period.

Either he quit or he was going to be physically removed. Shelby isn't allowing that type of defense effort this fall. Period.
Yep. I expect Shelby to be back in the running this fall. I hope our rams rebuild fast. With being 1 division in playoffs it will be much tougher to win it all.

Reactions: UNC91
I’m glad we get to play Shelby again starting in the fall! I love the competition and the games. We haven’t faired well against them but it’s great to play them.
yes you should be dominating them like Kings Mountain does, do better.

I’m glad we get to play Shelby again starting in the fall! I love the competition and the games. We haven’t faired well against them but it’s great to play them.
I guess Hawn did not want to continue the series. Freedom will be playing East Burke, Draughn and Patton, but with them being in just a 6 team league there’s still two more nonconference opponents for them, curious to see who they are

Lance Ware ain’t walking through that door, though. Yeah, a change had to be made. Dude seemed in over his head. Admittedly, I saw the fewest Shelby games I ever had this season, so there’s only so much I can even comment on.

That said, between Facebook and even in this forum, I saw comments on a lack of discipline on this team. One associate of mine commented on Facebook, it was the most undisciplined Shelby team he had ever seen. Obviously, the DC wasn’t responsible.

The head took over a superior talented team in ‘19 that didn’t t require much coaching, in my opinion. Let’s see what happens when the pot isn’t as sweet. With the firepower Shelby has returning, there will be no excuses to be made.

I had to work Saturday, and caught some of the first half of the state championship game. If you other Shelby posters are honest with yourselves, more so than anything, you felt embarrassed as a Shelby fan, “ bag over the head” worthy. Nothing against MH, but they showed me nothing. They were tough and hard nosed, but athletically, they were outclassed, period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crestuff
I saw a comment made by a Ram poster in another thread, “it’s obvious MH is only in the state championship, because Reidsville wasn’t placed in the west”. Homie can say that, but the first thing I thought of was that flop of a job the coaches did this season being responsible.

The freshman D lineman, Pierce, received his first offer from East Carolina the other day. I didn’t even mention it, because when you think of him, Santana Hopper, Malaki Hamrick, and Tyler Arrington(Gardner Webb commit), all bonafide D1 prospects, and see how this bust of a season transpired, you just asked yourself, “How”?!?!? Not to even mention that 210 pound bull in the backfield, Omar Phillips. There was too much talent to flop so badly!

Last edited:
I saw a comment made by a Ram poster in another thread, “it’s obvious MH is only in the state championship, because Reidsville wasn’t placed in the west”. Homie can say that, but the first thing I thought of was that flop of a job the coaches did this season being responsible.

The freshman D lineman, Pierce, received his first offer from East Carolina the other day. I didn’t even mention it, because when you think of him, Santana Hopper, Malaki Hamrick, and Tyler Arrington(Gardner Webb commit), all bonafide D1 prospects, and see how this bust of a season transpired, you just asked yourself, “How”?!?!? Not to even mention that 210 pound bull in the backfield, Omar Phillips. There was too much talent to flop so badly!

Yeah it’s no reason it shouldn’t have been a Shelby vs reidsville championship

I like to consider myself close to Shelby program.
But I agree alot of issues this year, was it due to covid, was it coaching, or was it there were a few bad apples in the bunch, player wise..or just a combo of all.
My problem with DC was 1st should never been running 3-4 not with what Personnel we had, but even at that, when your getting drug not to adjust any at all.
Clearly alot that just didn't happen with talent we had.
Hoping that we get a new DC from outside area and we regroup for this fall,

The reason was clearly the Hendersonville Bearcats. It wasn't a fluke Shelby lost to us. We led the hole game minus that first TD. It's ok to lose. We had the athletes to match-up. That's just football
I had said in a earlier post this years team was no were near the level of the last 7 Shelby teams.We lost around 16 starters to graduation and then we lost our stud middle linebacker who went ahead and enrolled early at VT and also lost our DC from a team that absolutely was loaded.Congrats on the Bearcat victory and maybe we meet again.

Reactions: Lion Attack
The reason was clearly the Hendersonville Bearcats. It wasn't a fluke Shelby lost to us. We led the whole game minus that first TD. It's ok to lose. We had the athletes to match-up. That's just football

I meant no disrespect. I think hendo had a fine team, actually thought you guys would beat heritage. I still stand by my statement

Book it!!!
If I could, I would.... with the quickness. You’d see a Lion smack a Cougar. In all seriousness, I’m just trolling you, bro, you and Chopper. I noticed him liking your post. He’s been messing with us for years about Shelby not playing Charlotte opposition. I would absolutely love to see those games happen. 40-50 minutes from the Queen City, those games should happen. They would have great atmospheres, and good gates for the schools in a home and home series.

I used to imagine Shelby vs West Charlotte back in their heyday. As these kids would say today, that game would have been lit.🔥

Last edited:
If I could, I would.... with the quickness. You’d see a Lion smack a Cougar. In all seriousness, I’m just trolling you, bro, you and Chopper. I noticed him liking your post. He’s been messing with us for years about Shelby not playing Charlotte opposition. I would absolutely love to see those games happen. 40-50 minutes from the Queen City, those games should happen. They would have great atmospheres, and good gates for the schools in a home and home series.

I used to imagine Shelby vs West Charlotte back in their heyday. As these kids would say today, that game would have been lit.🔥
It's ok, keep playing bug league competition and lower tier 3A/4A schools with 1A male enrollment. You all need to be fresh and healthy in the playoffs. :cool:

Curious who the Golden Lion QB will be this fall. Is there a recruit coming in? If it’s that deer in the headlight kid that came in against KM, I don’t share your enthusiasm.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Curious who the Golden Lion QB will be this fall. Is there a recruit coming in? If it’s that deer in the headlight kid that came in against KM, I don’t share your enthusiasm.
The kid will be fine. Dudes crack me up! Some of you expected him to be Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr, come into the game with ice water in his veins vs the best team in Cleveland County.

I remember his brother, Darquez, replacing RJ in a playoff game. RJ was out with a concussion. Darquez was so bad that Shelby pretty much ran the “wildcat” that game. The following season, Darquez went on to obliterate every single season Cleveland County passing record there was.

Daylin is already putting in major work this offseason, there are videos of him doing so. Also, look out for Drew Hollifield. I’m sure his people will have him very prepared to contend for the job as well. He’s dual threat. He will be a sophomore.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHS LION
Btw, you’re starting to remind of Chopper. I seriously thought you were a Crest guy, and judging by your screen name, a member of their 2015 state championship team. Then, I saw you giving it to a Crest poster one occasion this season, and I was surprised. You know CC football, but apparently have no association with CC.

Last edited:
Shelby would bust that ass, too. Best go play South Meck, and not risk an L to a 2A opp. Speaking of 2A, “The Boogeyman” returns this fall. You all will see true Golden Lion 🦁 football again.
Take a look at our returning roster on maxpreps, the 4 rising freshman studs (i wont comment on who they are in fear of recruiting) and the jv's moving up. This falls teams on paper looks better than this years team.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The kid will be fine. Dudes crack me up! Some of you expected him to be Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr, come into the game with ice water in his veins vs the best team in Cleveland County.

I remember his brother, Darquez, replacing RJ in a playoff game. RJ was out with a concussion. Darquez was so bad that Shelby pretty much ran the “wildcat” that game. The following season, Darquez went on to obliterate every single season Cleveland County passing record there was.

Daylan is already putting in major work this offseason, there are videos of him doing so. Also, look out for Drew Hollifield. I’m sure his people will have him very prepared to contend for the job as well. He’s dual threat. He will be a sophomore.
Daylin is absolutely going to be fine. I visit Shelby's practices and dude is legit.

Btw, you’re starting to remind of Chopper. I seriously thought you were a Crest guy, and judging by your screen name, a member of their 2015 state championship team. Then, I saw you giving it to a Crest poster one occasion this season, and I was surprised. You know CC football, but apparently have no association with CC.
:oops:I'm not a Crest guy or a CC guy. I'm offended. Btw, looking at the records, W Charlotte would have destroyed your team in those days. The same way they used to destroy Crest every year when they had Knotts. I see why you're all afraid to play the big boys in your neighborhood and run to the hills to play weak teams like Tuscola and Freedom for target practice. I cant blame you.

:oops:I'm not a Crest guy or a CC guy. I'm offended. Btw, looking at the records, W Charlotte would have destroyed your team in those days. The same way they used to destroy Crest every year when they had Knotts. I see why you're all afraid to play the big boys in your neighborhood and run to the hills to play weak teams like Tuscola and Freedom for target practice. I cant blame you.
Nah, certainly not in the aspect of being a CC guy, but alike in the aspect of knowing a lot about CC football, in spite of that.

Let me tap into my inner Reidsville. How you know the big boys didn’t want to play with us? No one wants/wanted to play Shelby.😁

I still thought it was funny when you said I’ve never seen you reidsville guys like this
You guys went hard this year, bro. Mule was busting up in everyone’s thread, telling them that Calpreps has the Rams beating them by 6 tds, even if y’all weren’t playing said team. Behind the scenes, I literally gave him the name, Mu’al Preps./Mule Al Preps. To his credit, the man was spot on most of the time.

Then, some of your posters would join in, talking smack, and I suspect two or three of them had multiple accounts. One of them I suspected was formerly ramking 2012. Even Stan was more vocal than before with his two accounts.😂 It tickled me to see him replying to the mountain posters with both of his accounts, after they said what they said about Ki. Rambbq using caps, “yelling”, as if he was Howard Dean in some threads.

Facts 24 popped up like a Jack in the Box, and took over the whole 2A forum. I saw an influx of new Ram posters, too, at the end. You guys obviously had a special team this year. Y’all deserved to talk that talk. I ain’t mad at ‘cha.🙂

Last edited:
You guys went hard this year, bro. Mule was busting up in everyone’s threads, telling them that Calpreps has the Rams beating them by 6 tds, even if y’all weren’t playing said team. Behind the scenes, I literally gave him the name, Mu’al Preps./Mule Al Preps. To his credit, the man was spot on most of the time.

Then, some of your posters would join in, talking smack, and I suspect two or three of them had multiple accounts. One of them I suspected was formerly ramking 2012. Even Stan was more vocal than before with his two accounts.😂 It tickle me to see him replying to the mountain posters with both of his accounts, after they said what they said about Ki. Rambbq using caps, “yelling”.

Facts 24 popped up like a Jack in the Box, and took over the whole 2A forum. I saw an influx of new Ram posters, too, at the end. You guys obviously had a special team this year. Y’all deserved to talk that talk. I ain’t mad at ‘cha.🙂

We gone be more humble this season bro 😂. But I think Salisbury, Shelby, hibriten and burns posed the biggest threat to reidsville. Outside of that group probably northeastern.

We gone be more humble this season bro 😂. But I think Salisbury, Shelby, hibriten and burns posed the biggest threat to reidsville. Outside of that group probably northeastern.
Burns will be dangerous. Exit Hibriten, enter Monroe. Hibriten will be 3A. Monroe is coming back to 2A. They are always very athletic, well coached, and will be contenders for sure.

Last edited:
Legit question. Will they move Lee or Holifield to a different position? Both are really talented QB's. The Shelby defense should be outstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT