ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Defensive Coordinator

I like to consider myself close to Shelby program.
But I agree alot of issues this year, was it due to covid, was it coaching, or was it there were a few bad apples in the bunch, player wise..or just a combo of all.
My problem with DC was 1st should never been running 3-4 not with what Personnel we had, but even at that, when your getting drug not to adjust any at all.
Clearly alot that just didn't happen with talent we had.
Hoping that we get a new DC from outside area and we regroup for this fall,
Any traction on a few kids transferring to another school before this past spring season started?

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Btw, you’re starting to remind of Chopper. I seriously thought you were a Crest guy, and judging by your screen name, a member of their 2015 state championship team. Then, I saw you giving it to a Crest poster one occasion this season, and I was surprised. You know CC football, but apparently have no association with CC.
I have friends on 3 of the 4 Clev County staffs. No big secret. It cracks me up that people like you always try to figure out who other posters are.

Reactions: UNC91
Shelbys ex DC needs to be back on the Crest sideline where he belongs.. His heart was never in it for Shelby especially when his son was playing for Crest on Friday nites and will be a SR for Crest this season

I bet he can't wait for this thread to die, and sink to page 1000. That's what Id be thinking, while trying not to browse to ncpreps.

Shelbys ex DC needs to be back on the Crest sideline where he belongs.. His heart was never in it for Shelby especially when his son was playing for Crest on Friday nites and will be a SR for Crest this season
So Shelby was paying him close to a million a year to have his heart over at Crest?

So Shelby was paying him close to a million a year to have his heart over at Crest?
He got caught up chasing a ring. Could have been DC at Crest but must have thought his chances were better at Shelby. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

I didn't want to say this but quite a few folks mentioned this all season. Y'all can have him back, just give us eli hall and we're even.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
He got caught up chasing a ring. Could have been DC at Crest but must have thought his chances were better at Shelby. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Sure isn't, when u don't know what defense to be in with what personal u got.
My understanding he doesn't know any but the 3-4.
In each game I waited to see at halftime if we made adjustments, never were there any.
He was nice guy, and I wish him best, but we got to get outside help, get some new blood in there that has no idea what they have,..
Weve gotten spoiled,, fans and coaches,,, got to get hungry again

Crest job wasn’t open after he left Chase..if it was he probably would have took it and been Coaching with the team his son was playing for.. He got a ring 94 Crest team.. he can Coach more than the 3-4 lol

Reactions: UNC91
Crest job wasn’t open after he left Chase..if it was he probably would have took it and been Coaching with the team his son was playing for.. He got a ring 94 Crest team.. he can Coach more than the 3-4 lol

Think he and Coach Ratchford were close. I'm not sure he leaves Chase if Ratchford doesn't head to Asheville. Good luck to him, he is a great guy and Coach. He will land on his feet and keep growing as a coach.

Reactions: Crestuff
Meck County is raffling coaches again, there are alot of good ones looking for a place to land. Clev County is an attractive option if they want to stay home and not have to move anywhere.

Reactions: Lion Attack
:oops:I'm not a Crest guy or a CC guy. I'm offended. Btw, looking at the records, W Charlotte would have destroyed your team in those days. The same way they used to destroy Crest every year when they had Knotts. I see why you're all afraid to play the big boys in your neighborhood and run to the hills to play weak teams like Tuscola and Freedom for target practice. I cant blame you.
Crest tapped that azz back in 88 in Charlotte when i think WC was the number one ranked 4A team in the state. The WC players laughed at the Crest players getting off the bus. I may be wrong but i think Knotts was the coach then.

Crest tapped that azz back in 88 in Charlotte when i think WC was the number one ranked 4A team in the state. The WC players laughed at the Crest players getting off the bus. I may be wrong but i think Knotts was the coach then.

West Charlotte faced Richmond County for the title in 1988 based on the links. I think they were both undefeated(could be wrong, have to check again). Crest was SWC 4A homecoming for everyone those days. Try again.

West Charlotte faced Richmond County for the title in 1988 based on the links. I think they were both undefeated(could be wrong, have to check again). Crest was SWC 4A homecoming for everyone those days. Try again.
In 1994, Crest beat WC, 20-13. They eventually won the 4A championship that year, going 15-0.

I think Shelby’s head man will call the defense this year

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I think Shelby’s head man will call the defense this year
to

He's a offense line coach in past, not defensive.
There are 3 Candidates that made it to final picks, hoping hear of a pick maybe by weekend..

It must have been 87. I can't find a thing online going that far back but I know people that have annuals aka yearbooks. Stay tuned......I think Harding high was in the final that year vs. a Raleigh area team. "Could be wrong" that's the story of your entire life ain't it bro . 😀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Crest beat WC at their place in 87 with Bruce Hardin as HC and in 94 with Knotts as HC. James Harbison was the Crest QB in 87. Chopper do you want game stats ?

Last edited:
Crest beat WC at their place in 87 with Bruce Hardin as HC and in 94 with Knotts as HC. James Harbison was the Crest QB in 87. Chopper do you want game stats ?
Thank you. Wasn't Knotts in 87. Took you about an hour. You Burns guys are pretty determined. Reminds me of when you were trying to keep that Burns thread alive for a few weeks. :cool:

Word is the 3 in running are not from area schools.
In my opinion, that's best thing we need some new blood, and a coach that comes in and don't think cause there's talent he not got much coaching to do...
Hoping fri we know who it is

Word is the 3 in running are not from area schools.
In my opinion, that's best thing we need some new blood, and a coach that comes in and don't think cause there's talent he not got much coaching to do...
Hoping fri we know who it is
This makes good sense, but let's hope it doesn't come back to bite you the next 1 to 3 seasons. I'd still laugh, but you would have my empathy, but no sympathy.

Reactions: SHS LION
You are getting a hard worke

anytime you can get a successful former HC as a Cordinator you should be excited. When you look, Jenks has been successful, on and off the field, everywhere he has been. Shelby got a huge hit with this hire.

Yes sir, I've been in contact with him, looking for a house for rent for him, just talking to him I can see he's a stand up guy.
We welcome him, and are excited to have, I know coach Wilbanks is..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT