scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Scotland 4-0 @ New Hanover 2-1
Scotland begins a month long road trip away from Pate Stadium
in Wilmington on the turf at Legion Field and for once in appears
no Hurricane will be off the coast. Scots coming off 2 close wins
and NH an off week after a loss to Havelock. Ill be heading down a
day early for the festivities and a loooong weekend at the coast.(Holden Beach)
Thoughts, opinions, predictions????
Scots put things together this week with Deshaun his second week back and
Zamir breaking loose. Scotswin.....

Last edited:
SC has won 4 games despite not throwing the ball. I don't think they will need to against NH. SC should be able to run what they want against the Wildcats. NH has the ability to throw the ball and that always gives them a chance. I don't think they will have enough and SC wears them down and moves to 5-0.

Port or wildcat, who are the players to watch out for?
what can the Scots expect?
Is there a do not miss eatery? not that subtype place
just down the street, a nice sitdown around town or a
Wilmington one of a kind?

Estes is the senior QB. Very capable when he has time to throw. No time against havelock but I don't think Scotland can match that pressure. No insult intended. NH O-line is all seniors and the strength of the team. Capable stable of running backs and receivers. Walston at tight end has Been double or triple teamed all year.
Defense has been up and down. Good size along the front. All conference linebacker and speed with the defensive backs. If we can't stop The run may be a long night. However we are very capable of winning this game. We can put points on the board. May be a shoot out. Does that sound familiar Scot?

Scot
What kind of food. Steak? Seafood? Italian?
There are no shortage of restaurants.

Scot
Elijah's or Pilot house downtown on the river. Good food and views. Port City Chop house near Wrightsville Beach.
Best Steak in town. Have to get shrimp cocktail. Wrightsville Beach has Oceanic Restaurant. Good seafood. Ask 10 people and get 10 answers as to their favorite in the area. Downtown is about 2-3 miles from Legion Stadium.

If we can't stop The run may be a long night. However we are very capable of winning this game. We can put points on the board. May be a shoot out. Does that sound familiar Scot?

You said alot in that first sentence, thats a must for NH in this game or at least contain the scots run game. I suspect you'll see enough of the pass
to keep you honest and not have everyone up close.The Scots D has been
good all year, some bend but very stiff at the 40. We will see come Friday
night. GO SCOTS

Estes is the senior QB. Very capable when he has time to throw. No time against havelock but I don't think Scotland can match that pressure. No insult intended. NH O-line is all seniors and the strength of the team. Capable stable of running backs and receivers. Walston at tight end has Been double or triple teamed all year.
Defense has been up and down. Good size along the front. All conference linebacker and speed with the defensive backs. If we can't stop The run may be a long night. However we are very capable of winning this game. We can put points on the board. May be a shoot out. Does that sound familiar Scot?
I no Havelock has a good team, but to be shut out at home and think NH is very capable of winning this game is a bold statement, do you like you match ups better with the Scots or do you think we are not as good as our ranking.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS 27 - 26

down late with great time management by the g-men,,, thanks

Elijahs
Fork n Cork
Tony Romo shoulda done one of these
MANZIEL-MONEY.gif

Last edited:
I no Havelock has a good team, but to be shut out at home and think NH is very capable of winning this game is a bold statement, do you like you match ups better with the Scots or do you think we are not as good as our ranking.
Silk
Did not say the Scots are not deserving of their ranking. However NH appears to match up better with the Skirts. I don't think they can duplicate the defensive pressure of Havelock.
NH has to play a clean game, establish the run to open up the pass and keep White in front of them.
NH came out of the Havelock game with no apparent injuries despite a very physical game.
Looking forward to challenge of the Mighty Scots

NH is finding it's way right now. A new coach and a new D coordinator that came late in the summer. I expect the defense to get better as the season progresses. I saw some good things in the 1st half against Havelock but the TD just before halftime was deflating.

Offensively we usually move the ball pretty well. We lost our running back early in the year and replaced him with one of our best receivers. Estes throws the ball very well when given time and Walston is a great receiver. We have other play makers but none with the size we had in the past few years.

We will have our hands full Friday but it's still a work in progress.

As far as restaurants, you cannot beat Indochine on Market Street (Thai - Viet) or Ceviches just before the Wrightsville Beach bridge. Make sure you have extra time for both as there will be a wait.

We have a chain of restaurants in Wilmington that have hamburgers that are out of this world. Its cal McDonald's. They have a huge sign with an M in front of the store. Check it out and let me know.

Reactions: DreadScot
Scot
Obviously Port City is a Hoggard man. We at NH much prefer Hardee's.
Seriously, are y'all bringing any charter buses for fans? I know you normally travel well.

Reactions: portcity FB
I doubt charter buses but as usual it'll seem like a home game for the scots. I expect some downtown cuisine will fit the bill. Thanks for all the suggestions, I tried that big M today Port.
How bout a place with a great cheesesteak??

I doubt charter buses but as usual it'll seem like a home game for the scots. I expect some downtown cuisine will fit the bill. Thanks for all the suggestions, I tried that big M today Port.
How bout a place with a great cheesesteak??
You can get a good cheese-steak at J Michael's Philly Deli - Hanover Center directly across from the mall on Oleander or at the Substop, just south of the stadium on the right.

Reactions: portcity FB
Actually best cheese steaks in town are at Taste of Italy on S. College Rd two blocks off Oleander. Best Italian dishes and Great subs also.

Im liking those last few replies will have to see what the boss
is feeling Friday afternoon. Whatever the case maybe you
wildcats have your fill because the stomachs will be upset after
the game. Go Scots

SC is averaging 271 yards rushing. NH gave up 428 Havelock. SC is giving up about 150 yards passing. I can see NH hitting that number but I don't see it being enough. SC should control the game and the clock running what they want. NH cant get down a lot like they did against Havelock and become 1 dem or this game will get ugly as well.

Scot
I like to eat my victory steak after the game. Hungry after Havelock and bye week. No indigestion here.

Mmm as a havelock fan new hanover is good havelock played a pretty flawless game against them except a few mistakes but I think it will be a great game but scots have too many athletes

Sc - 35
nh - 7

Mmm as a havelock fan new hanover is good havelock played a pretty flawless game against them except a few mistakes but I think it will be a great game but scots have too many athletes

Sc - 35
nh - 7
Around 20.would probably be the line but that's why you play the game. Wasn't the line about 14 against Britt? If we don't beat ourself we can move the ball. Just have to stop White. May have to crowd the box and dare them to throw.

Silk
Did not say the Scots are not deserving of their ranking. However NH appears to match up better with the Skirts. I don't think they can duplicate the defensive pressure of Havelock.
NH has to play a clean game, establish the run to open up the pass and keep White in front of them.
NH came out of the Havelock game with no apparent injuries despite a very physical game.
Looking forward to challenge of the Mighty Scots
I think running the ball against the SCOTS will be hard to do, and pass defense is getting better weekly as always NH and Scots game are very entertaining. good luck to NH see you friday. GO SCOTS

You'll, I like this guy

ORDER: 31-3
The following candidate is promoted posthumously on Team S2V as indicated FOR NOT IGNORING S2V LIKE THE REST OF THE PETTISH CRABBY CANTANKEROUS I'LL TEMPERED OLD FARTS FROM RICHMOND.

Authority: The S2V Resolution promotion center, signed on this day 14 September 2015. Approved by GSO_Triple5 on 1 September 2015.

SIKNER51

////// signed ///////
S2V
Secretary of Promotions

Last edited:
Reactions: sikner51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT