ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland 4-0 @ JackBritt 4-0. GAME DAY (2)

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Scotland 4-0 @ Jack Britt 4-0----This sets up to be a great game. JB coming in off an OT
thriller verse new hanover (2 ot wins on the year) Scotland a bye week after an undefeated non conference.
Scotland been playing lights out on the defensive side of the ball but still has many
lingering questions at the well talked about qb position. Coach goes back to his old school
with the Buccaneers a true shot to beat him for the first time since leaving. Fantastic story
lines here as SAC 8 conference play begins. GO SCOTS......

JB has played a very competitive schedule and is undefeated
Not that rankings matter yet but this is 4a MaxPreps top 14
They have won 2 in OT (south View and new hanover)and easily
over Terry Sanford and pine forest

1 Myers Park (Charlotte) 4-0 56.5 10.5
2 Richmond (Rockingham) 4-0 56.2 25.3
3 Zebulon B. Vance (Charlotte) 3-0 55.3 17.3
4 Mallard Creek (Charlotte) 3-0-1 49.9 30.3
5 West Forsyth (Clemmons) 5-0 47.7 12.4
6 Cardinal Gibbons (Raleigh) 3-1 45.4 33.2
7 East Forsyth (Kernersville) 5-0 43.1 16.4
8 Grimsley (Greensboro) 5-0 37.7 7.2
9 Scotland (Laurinburg) 4-0 35.8 7.2
10 Wake Forest 4-1 35.6 13.7
11 David W. Butler (Matthews) 2-2 33.1 33.5
12 Ronald Reagan (Pfafftown) 4-0 31.6 1.2
13 Jack Britt (Fayetteville) 4-0 29.2 12.6
14 Leesville Road (Raleigh)

Last edited:
From the video I've seen on Britt, don't think its nothing we can handle... wont be as close as the current record shows. Scots by 2 or 3 TD's... but still think JB has a chance at the 3 or 4 spot this year in the SAC.

Britt had a tough time stopping the run against NH. I think it will be a long night for them. Scots pull away late.

Wonder why NH went pass pass pass pass in OT
And didn’t gain a yard and lost ..Lets not allow them to be close late.

Yeah the fans weren't too happy about the play selection in OT. The fumble in the second half hurt their momentum and maybe he didn't trust the running game. They still moved the ball on the ground tho. Puzzling to say the least. But I still think the Scots have just as good if not a better run game and Britt will have trouble slowing it down.

Yeah the fans weren't too happy about the play selection in OT. The fumble in the second half hurt their momentum and maybe he didn't trust the running game. They still moved the ball on the ground tho. Puzzling to say the least. But I still think the Scots have just as good if not a better run game and Britt will have trouble slowing it down.
Compared to what NH had been getting against their previous opponents, Britt did seem to negate the run game quite a bit. This for sure will be an interesting match up.

Its' called coaches arrogance maybe. They ripped off that 85 yarder and I said here we go. Then they started to get pass happy. Britt is so small at linebackers and secondary i just didn't understand just play smash mouth. The nose tackle is the only decent size they have up front the other kids are long but they are 215 lbs. New Hanover did everything they could to loose the game and they did. I heard the other day that more games or lost than one and this one falls into that category. They will look at this game film and just shake their heads. Between the running game and the inability to contain the qb was a mystery to me. JB qb is athletic but Caleb Hood he is not!

He’s going to get hit really hard come Friday night.
That lack of size will hurt them if we play the right
Type of football and don’t turn it over ..

Reactions: DreadScot
What day is it, What day is it, Hump Day
Scots having a great week of practice, Ready to get back
into action after a week off.... Beware Buccaneers!!!!!!!!!

Richard Bailey has NEVER lost a game involving Scotland and Britt that was played at Britt as a head coach. That will not change Friday night.

Watch Out... Britt has a history of being the spoiler. Almost every year, they will mess up somebody's plans...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT