ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Burns @ North Lincoln

I tend to agree with you but I think Burns wins by a little more but can’t wait to find out. Me and my boys have planned to make the trip up haven’t been there sense youth football days and that’s been along time ago LoL
@Mopar forever Let me know when you get up there! My dad & I will be there around 6... Would love to meet some Ruff County boys!

I doubt that either team is over looking the other in this game. I also don't see Burns as an underdog against NL. Burns had no doubt played a tougher schedule and was ranked higher than NL going into the playoffs. IMO these are two evenly matched teams.

I'm expecting a close game. NL won't be able to shut Pryor down but they need to slow him down some which I think they will do. The Burns defense also is not going to be able to shut down NL's offense but they need to slow it down some which I think they will do. The game may be decided by a turn over or a big Special Teams play.

This game may be the best match up across the whole state this Friday. Can't wait to see it.
Good comment . This game could go either way Massyrating.com has North Lincoln as a 5.5 point favorite with the score prediction 34 to 28 North Lincoln
The smallest point spread of any game in the State is Robbinsville a 1.5 point favorite over Murphy.
West Forsyth 1.5 point favorite over Vance.

Just one last comment on here... The 3rd round & post Thanksgiving football is reserved for the best teams statewide! North Lincoln & Burns both fit that description.. Let's not forget that no matter what happens tomorrow night... Both have had fantastic years

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I go back and forth about being confident and worrisome about this game. From what I've heard, Pisgah ran very well against NL last week but goofed up several times in the second half. Burns has played defense a handful of times against an option team and has looked pretty good against it. The downside of us playing Hibriten last week is NL can see what we do against that offense. That's also an upside for our defense too. I'm sure each team will make minor tweaks to each side of the ball. I know we've had a great week of preparation for tonight and our boys will be ready.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
I just drove by there and a Coca-Cola truck was unloading. Wonder just how many drinks he delivered. Many, I’m sure.
Their field looked good. They’ve got themselves a big blue letter painted on it.
Given the nearness of upper Cleveland County and this deep in the playoffs they might have a hard time seating everybody, not to mention those fans whose teams are out of the playoffs and are wanting to see a good game.

Reactions: WC-Warriors
Pisgah did get some quality runs on North that had the crowd nervous. The game was actually more intense than the score showed cause Pisgah had some breakaway runs with a few touchdown saving tackles right at the edge of the sworm of people. Coulda easily been a closer game if a couple defensive players weren’t in the right place at the right time making the right moves. Of course you can about say that about a lot of games and seeing how Burns/ (Pryor basically)sliced through Hibriten on the highlight reels, there’s a lot that can happen tonight and Pryor is gonna bring much more to the table than the Pisgah back that North dodged a bullet from on a few plays.

My take on this game is North will most likely move the ball better than Hibriten did on these tricky options BUT key stops and penetrations from the Dline are a MUST at stopping Pryor before he gets a roll going and getting to the open field areas or else this will either be a shootout...or a pretty ugly game, just being honest. That’s why I like a coach like Bazzel that knows how to prep so this oughta be interesting.

I’ll be there early to root the boys on as they come out the tunnel. 730 just came come quick enough. Safe travels everyone.

Forgot to mention I know personally more people to be coming to this game that we’re not at the Pisgah game. Prob some Hibriten people too wanting to see Burns go down ha ha. Or win, (shoulder shrug). College kids coming home, gamers that were at the other games last week that have their heads turned toward this one, you name it, they’ll prob be there. I found a seat with ease and great parking last week, which was surprising. Bet that won’t be the case with anyone that gets there past 7 tonight.

Last edited:
I have followed football in the SD7/Southfork conference for many years. This North Lincolnton team is the best we've had in the conference in a while. They are so well coached and have several D1 players. I heard Sam Brady is committed to UVA and Price is a high 3 star DE not committed as of yet. I believe Ty William's will be a scholarship football player if he chooses to be.

I've seen quite a few state champs and west champs. I'm not sure if North is at that level as the conference is/has been down lately. I don't think they are quite as good as the East Lincoln teams from a few years ago, or the Lincolnton teams from a few years before that, or the Newton teams from a few years before that. Sorry just being honest and I hope I'm wrong. I will be there rooting them on though and would love to see North win this game and shock Shelby. So happy to have a contender in the area again. Living in this area I've been spoiled for a long time to have championship level teams close by for many years.

I haven't seen Burns but Pryor sounds like a game changer. Gonna be a great game

Has burns always used that saying or are they attempting to mock NL? They use “we the north” too

I had no idea that NL used that saying. They started doing it during the off-season in reference to the Toronto Raptors. That’s actually why it can’t say “we are the north” on shirts etc because they have a trademark on the, “the”, part of that.

Just one last comment on here... The 3rd round & post Thanksgiving football is reserved for the best teams statewide! North Lincoln & Burns both fit that description.. Let's not forget that no matter what happens tomorrow night... Both have had fantastic years

I agree! Someone’s season ends tonight but a great season by both squads. Welcome to the Dungeon Burns fans! Here’s to an injury free exciting game.

Going with a North Win in a close one!
35-28

Kickoff coming soon...

Hey Northfan, throw me a shut out tonight tell me we’re ur seating and I’ll greet ya.

I’ve met 2 posters that way. It’s pretty neat. Beamer and CheerDuck. Think it was CheerDuck. Meet someone at the 15’ East Burke
/East Lincoln 3rd round game. The very last time East Burke was worth a hoot.

If anybody wants to say hello, visitors side 30 yard line opposite scoreboard... Top row standing... Burns blue & grey shirt

If anybody wants to say hello, visitors side 30 yard line opposite scoreboard... Top row standing... Burns blue & grey shirt
I’m directly across from you in the home side. Wanted to come sit with y’all Burns fellas but couldn’t get across. I’m right behind the students

I'm about 2 rows from the top right after you come off the ramp. Right on the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT