ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Burns @ North Lincoln

Watched most of the last quarter, great game congrats to both

I have a question though, why is there a third person announcing on the Burns broadcast... I mean I've heard why but wonder if any of you Burns crowd knows why there is someone other than Tom and Matthew in there

Ill just leave this here

See you next week Bulldogs, and congrats to North for a great season

Got a lot of talent coming back?

Not as many that returned this year but we have a ton of talented boys that will return Jack and Daniel Carter, Travali Price, Krisjan Snyder Ty Williams, Seth Whitley , and Tic Rathbone to name a few. Our JV team has gone undefeated for 2 straight years as well. The future is bright at NL.

In some people’s opinion their best offense and defensive player #23 will be back.

In some people’s opinion their best offense and defensive player #23 will be back.

#23 is Ty Williams a sophomore, he is very talented but he not the only talent we have returning.

Last edited:
Wow. That's what makes high school sports so great. Heavyweight punches thrown all night by both teams. The Pryor show didn't materialize to its fullest, but the kid could joke and jive enough for Burns passing game to shred the Knights. Impressed by Ty Williams from North. Kid's only a sophomore??? There was some serious hitting out there. That facemask on North's QB was brutal. Everybody got their money's worth there tonight.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Wow. That's what makes high school sports so great. Heavyweight punches thrown all night by both teams. The Pryor show didn't materialize to its fullest, but the kid could joke and jive enough for Burns passing game to shred the Knights. Impressed by Ty Williams from North. Kid's only a sophomore??? There was some serious hitting out there. That facemask on North's QB was brutal. Everybody got their money's worth there tonight.
If that kid is only a sophomore, he's gonna be a monster the next two years... Was really impressed with him and the QB #11... Couldn't even put weight on his left leg with 6 mins to go but came out and played for him team... I didn't think he'd be able to come back...

I actually congratulated a few of the NL players after the game and talked to another NL fan who was as nice and complimentary as could be... Great group up that way! Congrats on a fantastic year

Reactions: Burkeforreal
2 teams that were terrible in 2017 really stepping up and going deep a year and another year later. That speaks volumes right there. Landon Beard has to be going somewere next year, surely.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
North will be in full swing this spring and will manhandle everybody in track and baseball around here. An athletic bunch of guys that have a lot to look fwd to

Man I’m telling y’all what Pryor did not disappoint that is a tiny man that can absolutely fly !!! After he bounced up after getting knocked a flip and landing on his head I was like WoW. North Lincolnton was a really good football team (#11 the qb) WoW what a stud him self. Pryor running is something else tho I was like wait a minute after y’all were sayin he was as good as Gee Witherspoon but hey you weren’t wrong. He made me smile running with that head up and making cuts that are crazy fast. North did a very very good job of containing him for the most part. That game is what Playoff football is all about tho. So glad I got to witness it :)

Reactions: 72special
Man I’m telling y’all what Pryor did not disappoint that is a tiny man that can absolutely fly !!! After he bounced up after getting knocked a flip and landing on his head I was like WoW. North Lincolnton was a really good football team (#11 the qb) WoW what a stud him self. Pryor running is something else tho I was like wait a minute after y’all were sayin he was as good as Gee Witherspoon but hey you weren’t wrong. He made me smile running with that head up and making cuts that are crazy fast. North did a very very good job of containing him for the most part. That game is what Playoff football is all about tho. So glad I got to witness it :)
Congrats North- great team, great
Game. Dogs did what they had to -to win. It wasn’t pretty at times, but what a win!! Go Burns!

Congrats North- great team, great
Game. Dogs did what they had to -to win. It wasn’t pretty at times, but what a win!! Go Burns!
Let's be honest, NL did an absolutely fantastic job on Pryor tonight... Pryor got his yards after the break to finish with over 100 but I still feel like NL shut him down.. I was standing with a couple guys from Bandys and before the game started they were asking me about our QB & if he can throw it... I told them he absolutely can but he doesn't much because he doesn't have too... Well tonight he had too & he went for 221... KJ had 153 of those.. One of the guys commented how impressed he was with Sweezy and how well he threw the deep ball... NL just couldn't cover the Burns receivers tonight and that was the difference..

I still wonder how much different this game would have been had KJ not fumbled at like the 10 on that first long pass... Then NL took it 89 yards for a TD the next play

Last edited:
By the way, I spoke with Coach Devine after the game & I had to ask him what made him switch to that jumbo package for most of the 2nd half... He said they felt like they could get better angles against NL's defense from that set

They couldnt cover a twin mattress with a queen sheet.
Great run defense. Non existent pass defense
Well that may be a little harsh lol... However I really thought they would adjust to that at halftime or especially after the 3rd quarter... Throwing is what helped Burns score 14 unanswered.. I said to the guy next to me I thought they should have put Brady out on KJ Leslie, who beat NLs corner all night... Sure enough they did for like 2 plays, but that was it... I was shocked... Would that have mattered on that last drive? Maybe not since Burns only threw it once, on that 4th and 15 conversion... But that was completed to KJ, who was covered by #7 for NL on that play and not Brady..

Watched most of the last quarter, great game congrats to both

I have a question though, why is there a third person announcing on the Burns broadcast... I mean I've heard why but wonder if any of you Burns crowd knows why there is someone other than Tom and Matthew in there

Ill just leave this here

See you next week Bulldogs, and congrats to North for a great season

That was the only time Ken has joined them. I think they just wanted a Lincoln County perspective. I believe he has announced or covered Lincoln County games. He has called in to the postgame show.

Did you know Matthew is my brother?

Thanks for the congrats!

Burns made the right adjustments at the half. The passing game was there all game and they should have used it more in the 1st half as well. It made NL back off stacking up that box to stop Pryor, and then it opened the run up more. Hell of a hs football game. Congrads to NL. That qb has some talent.

4th and 15 and NL only rush 3???

I questioned this myself, I questioned a few things but coaches are paid to coach not me. I thought burns coaches did a phenomenal job. 4 from NL could run but he doesn’t stand a chance playing safety at UVA in my opinion. This game could have had many different outcomes just going off of what happened during the game. But that’s why you keep lining up and hitting them in the mouth. NL has no answer for the pass or the jumbo in the second half. Burns has no answer for 23. Again, in my opinion, if he is the sweep and not the full back in the option attack...:nobody stops him...maybe ever. He is and will continue to be a fun player to watch.

Reactions: 72special
Well that may be a little harsh lol... However I really thought they would adjust to that at halftime or especially after the 3rd quarter... Throwing is what helped Burns score 14 unanswered.. I said to the guy next to me I thought they should have put Brady out on KJ Leslie, who beat NLs corner all night... Sure enough they did for like 2 plays, but that was it... I was shocked... Would that have mattered on that last drive? Maybe not since Burns only threw it once, on that 4th and 15 conversion... But that was completed to KJ, who was covered by #7 for NL on that play and not Brady..
The run defense was stout.
A less than avg pass game would beat their pass defense.

NL’s field is always in rough shape. It’s either really dry and dead or it is soaking wet and muddy. Especially over toward the visitors sideline.

What a great game that was to watch. The Burns QB was the difference maker. We all knew about Pryor, Beard, Williams and Soorus. But Sweezy was the unknown and he stepped up and made huge throws. His receivers even dropped a couple good throws or his numbers would have been even better. If he’s able to throw with the same accuracy next week Burns will have a shot. #33 for Burns on the D-line is also a beast.

Sweezy was definitely the MVP on the field for the Bulldogs. Pryor’s presence was felt, whether he had 50 yards or 150, they had to account for him. Sweezy’s throws were the best they have been all year. He can throw the long ball and always has been able to. The struggle has been the digs and curls. He hit them all and had a great game.

Sweezy was nothing short of clutch on that 4th & 15 throw with like 2 mins left.. Miss that game over.. He's had some big throws this year but none bigger than that one... And KJ Leslie knowing exactly where the sticks were and getting a yard past them

NL’s field is always in rough shape. It’s either really dry and dead or it is soaking wet and muddy. Especially over toward the visitors sideline.

What a great game that was to watch. The Burns QB was the difference maker. We all knew about Pryor, Beard, Williams and Soorus. But Sweezy was the unknown and he stepped up and made huge throws. His receivers even dropped a couple good throws or his numbers would have been even better. If he’s able to throw with the same accuracy next week Burns will have a shot. #33 for Burns on the D-line is also a beast.

They have plans to work on some drainage issues on the field. The volunteers that take care of the field do the best they can with what they have . They know what problems the field has and there are plans to fix it now that they have a principal and an athletic director that know what they are doing and that care.

No pressure!!!!!
No blitz.....
No 23 in 2nd half
North never gonna hold up in coverage long.
Lots of questions
I'm still trying to figure out why North was unable to stay with Burns receivers... They clearly had the athletes and speed in #7, #4, #23, #11 & #2.. Just from an outsiders point of view

I'm still trying to figure out why North was unable to stay with Burns receivers... They clearly had the athletes and speed in #7, #4, #23, #11 & #2.. Just from an outsiders point of view
Might just want to give the Burns receivers credit for their speed! Leslie out ran every DB that checked him including the UVA recruit and so did Twitty. Burns was the most talent and speed NL has seen this year! When it was man to man, Burns receivers won the battle!

Reactions: Bulldog_012
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT