ADVERTISEMENT

Rock vs morehead pre

mikeinman

Sep 10, 2011
Could be an interesting game. All the old is gone. Rock has brought a good running game and if they want to win this one they will have to have a pound for pound style offense.Defense is going to have to tighten up and start playing in the first half of the game as well. . My predictions Rock wins by 14.

Don't sleep on Morehead. I know Rockingham is much improved this year but Morehead is really good. 11 on 11 they are as good as any team in the conference. If they had any depth at all they would be right there at the top. Their only drawback is they play so many kids both ways they get wore out by the 2nd half. They played straight up with us at WA in 1st half and with EA last week deep in the 4th quarter.

Ohh if Rock decided to sleep on Morehead they will get blown out no doubt. Rockingham defense looks good when they hit the second half however for some reason they havent woke up in the first half yet since the Reidsville game. They do have some play makers on the defense though but hard to rely on just turnover

I'm going with Morehead. Morehead is a great 1st half team like everyone said. Rock has more depth, if Rock can hang in there they can pull it out late.

Yea thats what im afraid of if morehead pulls away early may not be any hope in the second half we will have to see if Rock is ready to play

Reactions: Perillo
Morehead has some really dynamic playmakers on offense. On top of that they are very well coached and disciplined. Again, they are a much better team in the 1st half because of depth issues. The recipe to beat them is keep it close in the 1st half and try to wear them out down the stretch. I really like the heart they display though. Have not seen Rockingham this year so I'm not about to make a prediction but to beat Morehead you have to be a pretty darn good team.

One things for sure its two totally different teams stepping on the field. If the Rock holds them off early we can count on a victory. Rocks coaches has had the team prepared thus far for every game I expect no less this friday. But its all about hard work and determination for the end result. Should be a fun night friday!

Gonna be tough for the Cougars to prepare for the Morehead speed. Rockingham County has no answer for that kind of speed.

Watch #1 and #2 for the Panthers.

I heard the game was moved up to Thursday due to the rainy Friday forecast.

Morehead leads a close one a the half, something like 18-13.

I heard 31-13 ... whatever the score, a good win by Morehead which has already played two of the Mid-State heavyweights.

Ohh if Rock decided to sleep on Morehead they will get blown out no doubt. Rockingham defense looks good when they hit the second half however for some reason they havent woke up in the first half yet since the Reidsville game. They do have some play makers on the defense though but hard to rely on just turnover
Well I guess they slept on Morehead because they got blown out....Same ole Rockingham and by the way I don't see another win on the schedule ...maybe Williams but I doubt it

I think Rockingham beats Williams. But after I don't see anything else, Eastern Guilford is possible but its doubtful.

Same Rockingham team with the exception of the 2012 team. Sorry to see a proud Rockingham fan like mikeinman get his hopes up so much that he was on 2A page throwing shots at Reidsville. Maybe he'll take his 3rd place in the county and go on somewhere

Give the officials from these two schools responsible for moving this game up to Thursday an A+ due to weather concerns.

Ramking these kids played great an up to expectations oh running back for morehead was a beast rock still has a chance to prove youll wrong bottom line

I would suspect that the cougars are not the third best team in the county. I hear those Wentworth Panthers are pretty tough.

And Reidsvilleram90 you aint nothing but a fat pig so if I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it. Tubby

He mad ...everybody a prince when the going is going good.....Reality has set in and now he resorts to personal attacks...go back to your Hole mikeinman ....and get ready for your next Loss....bye the way I see the Rock middle school coaches are under attack by the parents ...you might be in your fox hole until 2025....so much for continuity at Rockingham

I see that as well. Need changes for sure in middle school. My uncle made the post and is a prime example of the problems that exist everywhere. POLITICS. Its crazy. You have to get rid of the cancers of the program to continue forward. Rcyfl is also in the struggle stage. Heck Bethany didnt even have a youth football team and from the sounds of that it was political as well. Tired of watching kids being put on the back burner due to people own agendas. If the people who ran the programs of all these places had a back bone this wouldnt be happening. I have two girls and you put all the bullcrap aside from Reidsville and rock all these kids deserve the same chance. Soccer program in Bethany has been demolished by rich people they want it their way or no way. I have put my time in youth league mainly baseball softball but also soccer and basketball. I have watched bad decisions turn into demolished programs. I am all for all these kids succeeding. Hope you feel the same way. I would rather see 1000 people running for president in 2024 then 995 inmates and only 5 choices for president. These sports change kids loves weather they go to college on a scholorship or not starting from ground up.

Good post mikeinman ...you seem genuinely concerned ...good luck the rest of the season .....

Definitely i am concerned if I wouldnt have played God only knows where I would be today. Stadler may not have led us to a championship but he gave me alot of values that noone else could have, and all these kids deserve someone that can provide that if nothing else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT