ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Washington

mdb80

Nov 1, 2002
Is the kid going to sit out the season because of transcript issues and are those transcript issues bad enough that the ncaa isn't going to like his transcript either.

Seems like there is something going on with him and its hard to believe that they would force this kid to miss part of the season because they just haven't gotten around to reviewing his transcript or worried about where exactly he is living.

Yes, they would force him to miss the season if they don't know exactly where he is living. Which is why you have to sit out a season if you transfer and don't live in a school's residency. If there is legitimate concern over residency, a home inspection can occur. Otherwise, anyone could go play wherever they wanted to, regardless of where they lived.

I just wish we all could get some answers. There are A LOT of people asking the exact same questions. I'm sure it can be a burden to the coaches being asked over and over and over again without anyone saying anything. Crickets.

how long does it take to find out where someone lives? I mean a few hours? maybe a day lol.

Have they ever made someone sit out a full year because they don't have a vehicle to go find out?

How long has this investigation already been going on?

just seems to me like kids transfer all the time and a kid with a fbs scholarship on the table and whose father is a head coach in the area would know what the rules are and the last thing they would do is risk him sitting out a season waiting out an investigation. I realize his old school had big issues so the program is gone but you'd think they'd have figured it out months ago.

I just think there is more going on then the 'where does he live thing'.

People are whispering its a transcript issue. His old program/school has legal issues and was a really small school with a few people with a lot of power who were breaking a lot or rules and maybe laws. Would it be on them to help their star player with his academics so he could focus on football???? he was all set to East then the charter school and then at the last minute back to east. The whispers are basically that when the charter school saw his transcript they laughed especially when he told them he wanted to graduate in december. Now he is trying to get East to agree to a transcript that is at best questionable.

The other thing that jumps out is the kid was all over twitter posting almost daily. Then all of a sudden the end of june there has been nothing from him or his father online. Seems like something happened or is happening.

Reactions: coondog8585
I have pretty much given up on him playing for the Warriors..... we have 31 others players who are. I think we will have a pretty good season, with or without him.

I'm hearing he may be cleared to play for the Lincolnton game (week after next). We have an open date next week.

I have pretty much given up on him playing for the Warriors..... we have 31 others players who are. I think we will have a pretty good season, with or without him.
I agree egfan. It can get to the point of a distraction and hurt the team. Just imagine how the your team's current starter at RB is feeling hearing all this talk. As for Washington I hate it for him. At the end of the day he is still just a kid wanting to play ball. Best of luck tonight.

Does it really matter though? It won't make too much of a difference against any respectable team. Sure...a decent RB will go for 266 against LKN. But 3 and 4a public HSs bring a little more than where he's been. He might be great. But, he's yet to prove it. All hype and speculation at this point.

Does it really matter though? It won't make too much of a difference against any respectable team. Sure...a decent RB will go for 266 against LKN. But 3 and 4a public HSs bring a little more than where he's been. He might be great. But, he's yet to prove it. All hype and speculation at this point.
Could be...I have never seen him play one down live. But others that are closer to the situation, say this kid is "special".

Could be...I have never seen him play one down live. But others that are closer to the situation, say this kid is "special".

The loser in all this is in my opinion is Spurling. #34 is a beast and plays full-throttle every down. I love that kid. He reminds me of the type of kids SP typically has in the huddles.

The loser in all this is in my opinion is Spurling. #34 is a beast and plays full-throttle every down. I love that kid. He reminds me of the type of kids SP typically has in the huddles.
You are correct, he plays flat out every down. Having another RB would get Spurling more reps at LB.

Even an average back could look like Barry sanders against weak defenses. Hope he can play soon to see if he is the real deal.

Seems like the Washington saga may be going down a really bad path.

This morning he started a new twitter account. Now obviously there is no way to know if it is really him. However, he said his father hacked his old twitter account and he can't get back in it.

He's had issues with his father in the past that were very public but at this point the back and forth is getting wierd.

What makes me think that the new account may be fake? His first two follows were the nebraska coach and the director of pp there. Then he followed a bunch of syracuse fans and a few writers. The follows are also the same. Wouldn't you think a 17 yr old kid would follow friends first? or atleast the gf he references in the little twitter bio? wierd to say the least.

My guess right now is that we never see Robert Washington play football again at any level.

What makes me think that the new account may be fake? His first two follows were the nebraska coach and the director of pp there. Then he followed a bunch of syracuse fans and a few writers. The follows are also the same. Wouldn't you think a 17 yr old kid would follow friends first? or atleast the gf he references in the little twitter bio? wierd to say the least
I'm not buying this new Twitter thing and his father being the hacker. Could be true but I'd like to see more proof. Also, the story is he decommitted from Syracuse today as well.

Soap opera.

yeah so now he has gone from

michigan state
to
unc
to
flordia
to
syracuse
to
uncommitted

with his top 5 changing each step of the way lol

this thing will have ten more turns in it.

word is he is leaning towards maryland...who hasn't been in his top five for almost a year.

he should just commit to bama I mean saban said he is the next Lynch so he must be interested right lol.

Yeah...agree with some. Until he plays one legit HS football game (against competition)....everything is speculation otherwise. Hope all goes well for him - but sounds like he would have been way better off if he'd have gone the public school route in MH b/c those coaches would've done everything possible to help him. That doesn't happen at every public HS I know, but in EGs situation I'm sure they would have done right by him.

All I can say is wow. I hope this gets resolved, like his father said this is bigger than football.

I would hope the family issues get resolved and this young man can use his abilities to be a fine player in the future. I would hope he can get the right mentors to develop him into a good citizen too!

Finally I was able to hear the full interview. Sad situation for the family. Like I have always told my kids- the only person who truly has your back is those who have the same name on the top back of the jersey, meaning your parents and siblings. Forget the football part. Best wishes for the father, mother, and siblings in mending the relationship.

Anything new to report? Has he been cleared to play this week against Lincolnton?

Saw that his dad is now the interim HC at Mt. Island.

I hope that it works out in his favor. I didn't know that his previous school discontinued its varsity football program. I bet he's champing at the bit to get back on the playing field. He should be allowed to play.

Last edited:
Washington has been cleared by Gaston County and NCHSAA.... practiced with the Warriors Monday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT