ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ CG

We'll see slim. I kind of remember a few years ago, all you Patriot fans were talking smack and we put 63 on y'all in the first half!!! We'll be ready.
You have better odds of having -63 yards of offence in the first half than scoring 63 points. LMAO

Some years back our school board allowed a new superintendent to come here and dismantle the 4 junior high teams.They were Rockingham,Hamlet,Rohanen and Ellerbe. 4 feeder teams to Richmond. Superintendent took the ninth graders from these schools and made the ninth grade academy. At the start the ninth grade academy had 2 football teams. Ninth grade academy now has 0 football teams.We still have middle school football and I think we have 3 teams at present. Now they feeling the effects of that decision along with Richmond’s poor economy. The aforementioned 4 junior high teams also had JV teams.
100% the 9th grade academy hurt RC football. It supposedly helped with academics but diminished the overall product making MS ball almost irrelevant. Having those 4 Jr. Highs and 9th graders learning and running the show allowed them to get to RSHS ready to roll the next year. Now 8th graders have an extra step along the way and many choose not to play or just do Richmond Elite.

The elimination of JV Jr/MS football was a death nail for football factory counties. You now have less, less talented athletes available if that makes sense. The concussion issue affects football frenzy towns moreso than urban cities too.

100% the 9th grade academy hurt RC football. It supposedly helped with academics but diminished the overall product making MS ball almost irrelevant. Having those 4 Jr. Highs and 9th graders learning and running the show allowed them to get to RSHS ready to roll the next year. Now 8th graders have an extra step along the way and many choose not to play or just do Richmond Elite.

The elimination of JV Jr/MS football was a death nail for football factory counties. You now have less, less talented athletes available if that makes sense. The concussion issue affects football frenzy towns moreso than urban cities too.
With the drops in enrollment it is likely that only two of the junior high schools would have had enough to field a freshman team. I think the last year they had the teams one of the schools struggled with numbers. RC folks can add more info.

Richmond hasn’t been competitive in any game this year.. Where are the wins?.. Defense giving up 40 a game.. Offense is non existent too. I don’t see any talent at present.. Dcov33 where is the talent then?

With the drops in enrollment it is likely that only two of the junior high schools would have had enough to field a freshman team. I think the last year they had the teams one of the schools struggled with numbers. RC folks can add more info.
Is it drops in enrollment or just lack of participation on football? Think it could be both. Football participation numbers are lower everywhere not just RC. Its like no one really wants to say anything about the youth concussion issues or the long term effects? This is a big reason why participation is down.

Is it drops in enrollment or just lack of participation on football? Think it could be both. Football participation numbers are lower everywhere not just RC. Its like no one really wants to say anything about the youth concussion issues or the long term effects? This is a big reason why participation is down.
I would think both but that drop in participation is probably 90% of the schools. Most likely two teams and then they are limited on who they can play. I know Knotts wanted to have a freshman team a few years at Indy but he did not have enough coaching and no teams to play. You could have had about six to eight schools have a freshman team at that time but think it would be even less now. The key is having enough coaches to deal with three teams.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
You talking about the Montgomery Central coach that's old news. We are moving to the next level.
You can’t be a true Patriot fan. Y’all owe Metzger that entire program. Next level? You gotta be talking state championship because y’all got to the Eastern Finals with Metzger.

Richmond hasn’t been competitive in any game this year.. Where are the wins?.. Defense giving up 40 a game.. Offense is non existent too. I don’t see any talent at present.. Dcov33 where is the talent then?
Coaches Coach, Players Play. We all knew Richmond was going to be young and it’s going to take some time but this is the time where coaches coach and put the players in the right position to be successful.

Coaches Coach, Players Play. We all knew Richmond was going to be young and it’s going to take some time but this is the time where coaches coach and put the players in the right position to be successful.
I know they young… I hope your right about the situation. This year is definitely a bust and maybe next year depending on what happens at seasons end..

You talk a lot of s**t for someone with one win against S. Durham. LMAO
You must be a Patriot Young'un, because you sound like you need your bottle. I'm a Scotland OG and we've beaten Pinecrest as many years as you probably been on this planet. When you win something besides golf and tennis, come holler at me!!!

• Haha
Reactions: nepsy7
You must be a Patriot Young'un, because you sound like you need your bottle. I'm a Scotland OG and we've beaten Pinecrest as many years as you probably been on this planet. When you win something besides golf and tennis, come holler at me!!!
14-13 /31-25 traumatic amnesia? It's about to be 3 in a row. How many fans were in the stands when the clock struck zero Friday night. On 10/14 you will be home before the 50/50 drawing or down the road at a bar drowning your sorrows...

Last edited:
14-13 /31-25 traumatic amnesia? It's about to be 3 in a row. How many fans were in the stands when the clock struck zero Friday night. On 10/14 you will be home before the 50/50 drawing or down the road at a bar drowning your sorrows...
Clown Show!!!!

Still only 2 wins 1 against a 2a team. Another blow out loss and still have NEVER WON anything in football.
You beat a winless team after two blow out losses one of your blow outs was to a winless team. I would prefer you to be undefeated it would make week after next sweeter...

From what I seen from the Mighty Patriots last night, the Scots will have nothing to worry about.
You should have sat with me I could have explained what you were looking at. I stand by my prediction. If you had saw the game you would be worried.

Not much to explain about being down 29-0 at the half.
That was a tough half their offense was slowed considerably in the second half. Grimsley is loaded once again a repeat title appears likely. We won't face anything remotely close to them in conference. Just watch the conference is ours.

So let me get this right if PC
Beats SC & RC and wins the conference championship, we can expect a new stadium that the lights don’t go out? When a team is coming back ? Is that what you are saying because I sure hope so because this year will be your best chance, but let me tell you a little secret you still have 4-0 lee county

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT