ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ Rockingham County Saturday Morning game

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about this game. Saturday morning is weird to say the least. The AD must have had something else to do on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: UNC91
Covid protocols are coordinated by health departments and school systems. We all know they require a certain number of days of quarantine plus testing and medical releases.

Some districts have been hit hard. I heard of one school that had over 25 players test positive between their varsity and JV teams. With contact tracing they could not hold practices until enough returned and even then they needed more than a few days to prepare.

My guess is RC was not, or is not, going to get all their guys back until a certain point this week. Saturday was determined to be the best day to play as it would allow for an extra day of practice. A morning game would not conflict as much with college football.

Again, this is only a guess.

I know covid caused an issue out at Rock County, but whoever scheduled this game on that date and at that time has to be a total moron.

I would have preferred if both teams would have went in a different direction. Tough for Rockingham county first game back to be Reidsville. I know Teague wouldn't have done that though.

Covid protocols are coordinated by health departments and school systems. We all know they require a certain number of days of quarantine plus testing and medical releases.

Some districts have been hit hard. I heard of one school that had over 25 players test positive between their varsity and JV teams. With contact tracing they could not hold practices until enough returned and even then they needed more than a few days to prepare.

My guess is RC was not, or is not, going to get all their guys back until a certain point this week. Saturday was determined to be the best day to play as it would allow for an extra day of practice. A morning game would not conflict as much with college football.

Again, this is only a guess.
Probably had to wait the required number of days for tracing. And Carolina has a home game at 7:30 that day.

Reidsville Middle School has their jamboree at 9. Rock Middle is involved with this too.

Rockingham has allowed politics to keep them from getting over the hump. They made a great hire of Princeton High School EX Coach (forgot his Name) but that didn’t work out because of politics, and he got the hell up out of there

Rockingham has allowed politics to keep them from getting over the hump. They made a great hire of Princeton High School EX Coach (forgot his Name) but that didn’t work out because of politics, and he got the hell up out of there
I think rockingham isn't terrible. But they are miles away from being competitive with the rams, as is anyone in the county and conference. Baker is a solid coach, he used to be under teague when I played.

Reactions: Rammer16
I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about this game. Saturday morning is weird to say the least. The AD must have had something else to do on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
RCHS AD did the same thing in the spring season vs Morehead. Rain came in Friday night and had to be finished Saturday morning. Morning time must suit them, I hope they dont think it gives them an advantage.

Don't know politics played much of a role in this particular case, there were a lot of things that happened behind the scenes. I agree with you though as parents run RCHS.

Reactions: Stanimallector
I think rockingham isn't terrible. But they are miles away from being competitive with the rams, as is anyone in the county and conference. Baker is a solid coach, he used to be under teague when I played.
I agree baker is a solid coach, I just think to much damage has been done for them to ever get over the hump anytime soon

Last edited:
otis......I just got back from watching my youngest grandson play his first middle school football game.....He plays for Broad Creek Middle school...near Croatan high school....The played at West Carteret stadium (Morehead City) against the middle school team that feeds WC....Broad Creek won the game 42-14......I drove down there this morn (Wed) for 4pm game and got back at midnight.....233 miles one way...Dedicated Papa or what?? lol...My oldest grandson plays JV game for Croatan vs. East Duplin on Thursday....can't make that....but on next thurs they play White Oak at Croatan..........planning on seeing that one.....Hope to see u during playoffs.

I guess this game has to be played since it is a county "rivalry". But it will probably be a boring blow out city as usual for this game. Hard to call it a rivalry since Rock. Co. never wins. If Reidsville has the athletes to compete and play top notch football it seems like Rock. Co. could put a better product on the field. What is their problem?

I guess this game has to be played since it is a county "rivalry". But it will probably be a boring blow out city as usual for this game. Hard to call it a rivalry since Rock. Co. never wins. If Reidsville has the athletes to compete and play top notch football it seems like Rock. Co. could put a better product on the field. What is their problem?

Rockinghams conference is pretty wide open where they could finish second and make the playoffs. Rockingham has never had the athletes Reidsville has had, it would probably take Reidsville athletes transferring to Rockingham for Rockingham to get a big shift. Rockingham has the size already.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
otis......I just got back from watching my youngest grandson play his first middle school football game.....He plays for Broad Creek Middle school...near Croatan high school....The played at West Carteret stadium (Morehead City) against the middle school team that feeds WC....Broad Creek won the game 42-14......I drove down there this morn (Wed) for 4pm game and got back at midnight.....233 miles one way...Dedicated Papa or what?? lol...My oldest grandson plays JV game for Croatan vs. East Duplin on Thursday....can't make that....but on next thurs they play White Oak at Croatan..........planning on seeing that one.....Hope to see u during playoffs.
I don't blame you a bit. Enjoy them grandkids. If things work out I may ride over to Croatan next week and watch the game with you. What time do they play?

Reactions: rambbq and UNC91
The transfer policy in the county is too easy, If Rockingham ever gets a caliber kid that can compete with Reidsville, they usually end up transferring there. Same problem at the other high schools in that county.

Last edited:
The transfer policy in the county is too easy, If Rockingham ever gets a caliper kid that can compete with Reidsville, they usually end up transferring there. Same problem at the other high schools in that county.

Reidsville doesn’t get that many transfers from the other schools.

I don't blame you a bit. Enjoy them grandkids. If things work out I may ride over to Croatan next week and watch the game with you. What time do they play?
Don't know yet...the game tonite (9-9-21) vs. ED is at 6:30pm....will find out soon about next thurs........be awesome if you did come

Reactions: Otis4411
Im sure this game was scheduled for Saturday for the reasons noted above in a previous post. Getting staff, players, coaches, security etc at school on Saturday on short notice is tough. People want their weekend. lots of plans, college games, etc. This (i assume)enables the least disruption of everyones weekend. They must have felt that the morning was the best time, then people have the rest of their weekeend.
Schools' number one priority is getting the games in. Rescheduling stuff and keeping everyone happy is an impossible task. They cant always do it based on whats best for fans. It is much more complicated than that.

Also, id guess there was more to the rockingham coaching situation than everyone knows lol I dont have any inside info, but like someone said, a lot goes on we dont see.

Reactions: FormerHScoach
Reidsville doesn’t get that many transfers from the other schools.
You're joking right? They had a qb transfer in from another county, the conference basketball player of the year from cummings who was a good wr all of the sudden switches, BY had three players transfer in the last two year and those are out of county schools.

In the last 6 years there have been at least 6 to 8 players that should have went to a particular school that ended up there.

They have so many "Academy" programs kids can just say they want to be in that program and they are allowed to go.

Its a product of winning, I wasn't trying to be rude. There is a ton of talent that does come from within Reidsville and they would still win a lot of games without these transfers.

My point was that other schools in the county cant compete because their best players usually leave.

You're joking right? They had a qb transfer in from another county, the conference basketball player of the year from cummings who was a good wr all of the sudden switches, BY had three players transfer in the last two year and those are out of county schools.

In the last 6 years there have been at least 6 to 8 players that should have went to a particular school that ended up there.

They have so many "Academy" programs kids can just say they want to be in that program and they are allowed to go.

Its a product of winning, I wasn't trying to be rude. There is a ton of talent that does come from within Reidsville and they would still win a lot of games without these transfers.

My point was that other schools in the county cant compete because their best players usually leave.

I said from in county its not that many from rockingham, morehead and mcmichael. Also what Barlett Yancey player has transferred within the last 3 years. The last one was lipscombe in 2017. I get what you're saying the 6 players in the last 6 years is correct likely, but like you said its a by product of winning. I wasn't taking that you were taking shots, just wanted the information to be accurate.

Reactions: FormerHScoach
I said from in county its not that many from rockingham, morehead and mcmichael. Also what Barlett Yancey player has transferred within the last 3 years. The last one was lipscombe in 2017. I get what you're saying the 6 players in the last 6 years is correct likely, but like you said its a by product of winning. I wasn't taking that you were taking shots, just wanted the information to be accurate.
I got you. I just didn't want you to think I was being disrespectful. I def know how good those kids from Reidsville are. There is one JV player at RHS that would probably be a starter on varsity at any of the other 3 schools but you know how deep the talent is at Reidsville. Kid will be a stud for them if he continues to progress. Its definitely a product of winning. And the rich just get richer.

I haven't seen them play yet this year but looked at their scores. Are they championship caliper again this year?

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I got you. I just didn't want you to think I was being disrespectful. I def know how good those kids from Reidsville are. There is one JV player at RHS that would probably be a starter on varsity at any of the other 3 schools but you know how deep the talent is at Reidsville. Kid will be a stud for them if he continues to progress. Its definitely a product of winning. And the rich just get richer.

I haven't seen them play yet this year but looked at their scores. Are they championship caliper again this year?

I like this team, they will be in the mix when its all said and done. Missing the best defensive player right now, when he gets back just adds to them. The thing to look for with this team is the speed at wr is unreal.

The transfer policy in the county is too easy, If Rockingham ever gets a caliper kid that can compete with Reidsville, they usually end up transferring there. Same problem at the other high schools in that county.
Would think a caliper kid would be better inclined for shop class instead of the football field, but who knows; maybe he could diagram the exact height, angle and distance to throw a pass.

Reactions: ocdavis31
I guess this game has to be played since it is a county "rivalry". But it will probably be a boring blow out city as usual for this game. Hard to call it a rivalry since Rock. Co. never wins. If Reidsville has the athletes to compete and play top notch football it seems like Rock. Co. could put a better product on the field. What is their problem
Rockinghams past history of playing Politics has killed them. Especially at the middle school were development and preparation for high school level is critical. Anytime you have parents with money involved in booster clubs with a kid on the team is going to be politics.

Reactions: UNC91 and TheMule
Would think a caliper kid would be better inclined for shop class instead of the football field, but who knows; maybe he could diagram the exact height, angle and distance to throw a pass.
Haha you got me, Reidsville does have a machining programs that could be good for that type of student

Last edited:
Rockinghams past history of playing Politics has killed them. Especially at the middle school were development and preparation for high school level is critical. Anytime you have parents with money involved in booster clubs with a kid on the team is going to be politics.
Exactly

You're joking right?

Why not mention the kids that transferred out of RHS to go play at Rockingham? I can think of 2 RBs, a WR, and 2 lineman in the last 6 years or so to do just that. Even more when you start looking at other sports.

Funny how no one makes a fuss about a kid leaving RHS, but let a kid want to leave and come to RHS and all hell breaks loose.

You're joking right?

Why not mention the kids that transferred out of RHS to go play at Rockingham? I can think of 2 RBs, a WR, and 2 lineman in the last 6 years or so to do just that. Even more when you start looking at other sports.

Funny how no one makes a fuss about a kid leaving RHS, but let a kid want to leave and come to RHS and all hell breaks loose.

i know one of them would be probably starting on the ol.

You're joking right?

I understand. There use to be a school where all the good wrestlers transferred. People use to get mad at that as well. Again I was speaking to the type of athlete other schools had that could compete with Reidsville in football only want to go there and compete for championships.

A lot of baseball players end up at Rockingham or McMichael. Although a few years ago RHS was getting after people on the baseball field as well. Wrestlers use to end up at Morehead.

Reidsville gets all the good players from Rockingham County, just like Gaffney gets all the good players from Cherokee County
I can assure you Reidsville doesn’t get any good skill players from Rockingham county high school. Do we get good players that live in the district ? Yes, but they usually transfer in middle school to develop in the Reidsville system. Also when the two schools are 8 min apart is there really a “district” especially when the player in rockingham district is actually closer to Reidsville high school. The sophomore Wr that came from Eden is the only qreat player we got from an in county school since Anthony Crews. Everyone else has been good support players

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
I understand. There use to be a school where all the good wrestlers transferred. People use to get mad at that as well. Again I was speaking to the type of athlete other schools had that could compete with Reidsville in football only want to go there and compete for championships.

A lot of baseball players end up at Rockingham or McMichael. Although a few years ago RHS was getting after people on the baseball field as well. Wrestlers use to end up at Morehead.
Speaking of wrestling Reidsville knocked morehead out the dual team playoffs in wrestling before the pandemic and this past season beat them in the regional tournament. Who would have ever thought Reidsville would have beat morehead in wrestling not once but twice. Thats equivalent to Mcmichael beating Reidsville. I say that to say anything can happen given enough time and being to comfortable with being on top for so long.

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT