ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ Rockingham County Saturday Morning game

If you go to Alabama State and have the chance to transfer to Alabama...........................................

You go to bama. Every. Time.

Reactions: UNC91
You're joking right? They had a qb transfer in from another county, the conference basketball player of the year from cummings who was a good wr all of the sudden switches, BY had three players transfer in the last two year and those are out of county schools.

In the last 6 years there have been at least 6 to 8 players that should have went to a particular school that ended up there.

They have so many "Academy" programs kids can just say they want to be in that program and they are allowed to go.

Its a product of winning, I wasn't trying to be rude. There is a ton of talent that does come from within Reidsville and they would still win a lot of games without these transfers.

My point was that other schools in the county cant compete because their best players usually leave.
That players mother is employed at Reidsville High School and the kid graduated 2 years ago, stop spouting garbage and you no nothing about him or his family situation...

That players mother is employed at Reidsville High School and the kid graduated 2 years ago, stop spouting garbage and you no nothing about him or his family situation...
And neither do most of the posters who claim all the best players in the county transfer to Reidsville.

Most players will never transfer, whether they are super stars or not.

And neither do most of the posters who claim all the best players in the county transfer to Reidsville.

Most players will never transfer, whether they are super stars or not.
Somebody mentioned Lipscomb coming from BY well I know his family moved to a subdivision in the Reidsville city limits. Also, the kid from Cummings moved from living with Dad in Burlington to living with mom in Reidsville.

Many are confused. There is a difference between a “transfer” and a kid who moved into the district.

if you looked at a map and saw the neighborhoods that maybe should be in reidsville’s district, you’d find much more reidsville kids at rockingham than the reverse.
I could go for hours about this but I will leave you with this….there is no situation where the Rams could score too many points against rockingham. It isn’t a knock on the kids, it’s just to piss off those sitting in the stands.
We can score 70 on carrboro and graham when they had poor teams, but they call off the dogs against rockingham once we score 45. Our scoring record should be against rockingham.

Reactions: whitedynamite
There are transfers. There have been, there are and they will continue to be. Don't know all that has happened in Rockingham County but it happens everywhere and in all sports. Any denying that is ignorance.

Once school leaders caved to the first threats of lawsuits from parents over not allowing them to send their child to the school of their choice, Pandora's box was opened. It's been going on a long time now.

Again, open enrollment is one answer. At least then people that run schools can quit pretending they are following rules.

There are transfers. There have been, there are and they will continue to be. Don't know all that has happened in Rockingham County but it happens everywhere and in all sports. Any denying that is ignorance.

Once school leaders caved to the first threats of lawsuits from parents over not allowing them to send their child to the school of their choice, Pandora's box was opened. It's been going on a long time now.

Again, open enrollment is one answer. At least then people that run schools can quit pretending they are following rules.
Ignorance is blissfully making broad assertions without factual basis.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Not sure I'm following you Mule. The open enrollment idea is my opinion so I'll admit it's not a fact. It is a fact that kids transfer and not all of them relocate into a district or enroll in an approved program.

Jury remains out on this year's Reidsville team ... both of the teams they beat (Western Alamance and Page) are now 0-3, taking some of the luster off of the Rams' 2-0 start.

Reactions: Stanimallector
Seems I may have ruffled a few feathers which was not my intention so I apologize. Having worked with many people from Reidsville I may not be as ignorant as it appears with knowing things that went on.

I have no I'll will towards anyone, just made the original comment about good football players at other high schools in the area wanting a chance to win and going to the school that has the best football program, which Reidsville does, I think we can all agree with that.

I dont want to slander or make anyone seem bad. So my apologies for how it seems to have been taken by some. The coaches at RHS do a great job year in and year out getting their team ready to play, regardless of where they live.

RHS won't have a rivalry in this country for the foreseeable future.

Good luck Saturday morning to both teams, stay healthy.

Rams up 6-0 on Peoples 11-yard run.
Franson's kick failed, ending his consecutive streak at 50.
Midway through first quarter.

Watlington TD run from the 5-yard line on fourth down
Peoples 2-point conversion run
14-0 Reidsville , 2:15 left in quarter

Reactions: Ooooner
I was watching a little bit earlier. Yal don't appear to be as big on the line this yr. Also, did the big running back graduate? He was a load. I don't think this team is as formidable as last yrs. Not yet anyway. Jmo and it probably ain't worth much

Cougars score on Smith QB sneak ... drive set up by failed fake punt play by Reidsville.
Smith to Chandler for 2-point conversion.
3:08 left in half, Reidsville 14, Rock 8

I was watching a little bit earlier. Yal don't appear to be as big on the line this yr. Also, did the big running back graduate? He was a load. I don't think this team is as formidable as last yrs. Not yet anyway. Jmo and it probably ain't worth much
Where are you watching?

Peoples from Lee, 52 yards screen play, TD.
Peoples pass to Watlington for 2-point conversion. Peoples was the holder on this trick play.
Reidsville 22-8 with just over a minute left in the half.

Can you tell what's going on? I watched a game on NFHS last year ... pretty sad production, but I guess better than nothing.
Yea. Some games are definitely more clearer than others. The camera at Rockingham does well. I cant really attend the games anymore so nfhs helps me. Of course all schools don't partake, which pisses me off. May have been a good thing last night tho!

Yea. Some games are definitely more clearer than others. The camera at Rockingham does well. I cant really attend the games anymore so nfhs helps me. Of course all schools don't partake, which pisses me off. May have been a good thing last night tho!
No problem with stadium lighting today!

We’ve started every game slow in the 1st half. Need to get flippen the ball in the 2nd half

Peoples scores on a lateral from Watlington to complete a 51-yard play.
Miller pass from Peoples for 2-point conversion
30-8 in third quarter ... just over 3 minutes left.

A couple of late TDs make it 44-8 ... just over 3 minutes left

Final 44-8 ... a couple of interceptions and fumble made it a sloppy game for the Reidsville offense... Rams capitalized on some short fields. Rockingham defense not as bad as the score indicated.

You're joking right?

Why not mention the kids that transferred out of RHS to go play at Rockingham? I can think of 2 RBs, a WR, and 2 lineman in the last 6 years or so to do just that. Even more when you start looking at other sports.

Funny how no one makes a fuss about a kid leaving RHS, but let a kid want to leave and come to RHS and all hell breaks loose.
How many kids have left Reidsville for Baseball, Softball and women's golf.... Crickets. Tons. Live within walking distance of Reidsville HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT