ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville HS HFC is open

Im just surpised it is taking this long... I mean its about as desirable of a job as you can get and they can bout get who they want

They have a lot of applicants from what I've heard. Idk why they haven't started interviewing

I would guess the job would have to be open for a certain time before they stopped accepting applications. Today marks the 4 week mark, and I dont see it going much longer than that.

Reactions: dogs79
Finally someone who understands matters
Here are some matters.
Feb 22, and no Coach, NO search committee, and no interviews scheduled. Why does that matter? If there is no search/interview committee, there is no timeline being followed. Once there is a committee, there can be interviews, but not until then. After a name is identified, it must be approved by the school board. The earliest that can be done would most likely be April unless there is a called meeting of the school board.
Regardless of who is chosen, assistants will have to be hired. E Teague can't hire assistants now because there is no assurance he will be hired. If someone is hired from outside, he must interview coaches and get them approved by the school board (MAY) and that number could be as high as five assistants. Who sets up summer workouts? Who sets up camps and 7 on 7's?
There are people on here who know way more than I, but I gotta think this is beginning to be a bad look. And that matters.

They have a lot of applicants from what I've heard. Idk why they haven't started interviewing

I would guess the job would have to be open for a certain time before they stopped accepting applications. Today marks the 4 week mark, and I dont see it going much longer than th

Here are some matters.
Feb 22, and no Coach, NO search committee, and no interviews scheduled. Why does that matter? If there is no search/interview committee, there is no timeline being followed. Once there is a committee, there can be interviews, but not until then. After a name is identified, it must be approved by the school board. The earliest that can be done would most likely be April unless there is a called meeting of the school board.
Regardless of who is chosen, assistants will have to be hired. E Teague can't hire assistants now because there is no assurance he will be hired. If someone is hired from outside, he must interview coaches and get them approved by the school board (MAY) and that number could be as high as five assistants. Who sets up summer workouts? Who sets up camps and 7 on 7's?
There are people on here who know way more than I, but I gotta think this is beginning to be a bad look. And that matters.
I agree 100 percent.....if that lamborghini sits to long and aint ran it gonna cost a lot of money to get back up and running....lol glad someone sees the urgency of this matter. Not to mention spring football right around the corner.

Here are some matters.
How do you know there is NO search committee at work right now???

Here are some matters.

While none of the applicants have assurance to being hired, Id bet the location of my secret fishing spot that they have been in contact with potential staff members for the chance they are.

• Haha
Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
While none of the applicants have assurance to being hired, Id bet the location of my secret fishing spot that they have been in contact with potential staff members for the chance they are.
I would say all potential head coaches are doing this. Hopefully the number of coaches you can bring is discussed in interviews.

• Haha
If you understood the circumstances, then you wouldn't be surprised. The expectations definitely get quite a bit higher this coming up season, and especially the season after.
Page was GARBAGE the few years before Doug!! The QB this year was straight ASS! Doug had that O Line looking like a NFL line! We (Reidsville) was picking off or damn near picking off EVERYTHING he put in the air! We was up 14-3 at the half and then Doug didn't call another pass! They ran it down our throats. Now there was a TERRIBLE TD call on 4th and Goal when page went for it. And a lot of missed holdings. But it is what it is. Page has taken Grimsley to the wire 2 years hot now! It takes time bubba! Especially when your best guys in your district are at Dudley and Grimsley!

One thing for sure. I highly doubt coaches that applied for the Reidsville job also applied for the Morehead one.

Once the job posts, Im sure some will. Young coaches looking for a chance would be interested in Morehead as a start at being a HC. There is potential there, just would take some time to build.

Plus if they knew the fix was in at Reidsville they may look elsehwhere LOL.

Once the job posts, Im sure some will. Young coaches looking for a chance would be interested in Morehead as a start at being a HC. There is potential there, just would take some time to build.

Plus if they knew the fix was in at Reidsville they may look elsehwhere LOL.
Believe me, the fix is most definitely not in.

Whats up with the basketball ball squad? Title? When football couldn't? Them two freshman that good? I'm confused??

Reactions: dogs79
Has anyone checked to see if Darkhorse34 is interested in the position? He knows more about football than anyone on this board and from what I heard he hardly saw the field when he was in HS.

I know there is a RHS alumni on the Clinton staff. Whether or not he applied I dont know.

I do know there are some interesting candidates that have applied. The AD, Principal and Mule's Top Secret Search Committee will have a very tough choice to make.

• Haha
From watching Reidsville in playoffs. Harrison and nycer were the most important pieces. Between the two they disrupted offenses mightily. Neal is a talent but I really believe he benefits from the pressure and disruption created by Harrison and nycer.

Any word about this job? Still no interviews scheduled. Who is in charge of this debacle(even though it is not sudden, it is a glaring failure)? School board meets Monday. No name to take to that meeting. Is April the earliest date a coach can be approved?

One of the most arduous tasks in the history of North Carolina high school sports evidently completed. Interviews are to begin on March 21, so evidently there is finally a search committee. Kudos to those involved for completing this in only two months. On a side note, also heard Morehead starts interviews next week. Someone could learn lessons from somebody huh?

One of the most arduous tasks in the history of North Carolina high school sports evidently completed. Interviews are to begin on March 21, so evidently there is finally a search committee. Kudos to those involved for completing this in only two months. On a side note, also heard Morehead starts interviews next week. Someone could learn lessons from somebody huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT