ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville HS HFC is open

Don’t get me wrong I think he is an excellent coach but I’m surprised page fans are happy with the results with him as coach….I mean there are definitely high expectations there
If you understood the circumstances, then you wouldn't be surprised. The expectations definitely get quite a bit higher this coming up season, and especially the season after.

Don’t get me wrong I think he is an excellent coach but I’m surprised page fans are happy with the results with him as coach….I mean there are definitely high expectations there
As on of Coach Teague’s former assistants, I have formerly declined to put my hat in the ring😝

Reactions: TheMule
Another great loss to the future coaching profession. ;) o_O:p
Wow.
Pretty negative take.

Of course, you know what we know.

31 years is a long time.

Never mind. You were talking about Ramm.
We are waiting on the other 3 or 4 threads y’all will start on this.

Wow.
Pretty negative take.

Of course, you know what we know.

31 years is a long time.

Never mind. You were talking about Ramm.
We are waiting on the other 3 or 4 threads y’all will start on this.
My post has nothing to do with Coach Teague. It is just a friendly jab at old friend Kant. We go back a long way.

I guess your obsession with Reidsville football means you are staying up late trying to find out the latest news. I hope it doesn't cause the three of you too many sleepless nights.

My post has nothing to do with Coach Teague. It is just a friendly jab at old friend Kant. We go back a long way.

I guess your obsession with Reidsville football means you are staying up late trying to find out the latest news. I hope it doesn't cause the three of you too many sleepless nights.
And ours is just a friendly jab at you.
We go back a long way, too.

We’ll see you again in the ‘50s.

• Haha
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
He had a really good sophomore year. It could have been that he had no off-season, based on an injury.

Freshman year preseason was wacky due to covid, short offseason going into sophomore season, and injury going into junior year. Not much offseason development time to work on getting rid of the ball or hitting open receivers underneath.

Congrats to Coach Teague on a great career.

One would wonder though, why now? He has a loaded team returning (nothing new for Reidsville though I’m sure) and ended his career as a state runner up instead of going out on top. No shade towards him or the Reidsville program, I’m just curious.

Reactions: New3ra
a lot of us thought Jimmy might come back for one more go since they fell a bit short of the title this year...and the fact that Community stadium is getting a big overhaul with concession stand and I think bathroom on the visitors side along with brand new field turf and track..........but I think his mind was pretty much made up going into this past season that it would be his last as the head man.................................

Well he ran ball scared imo and I actually saw him slide in one game….not ram football imo
I always felt like the other quarterback was better. When I saw him get in he played more composed and the offense was flowing better.

Listening to his interview it would seem like it’s a chance he may still be on the staff, just not the hc

Yall do remember the other guy started a game and the Rams only scored 19 points right?
Reidsville had two quality quarterbacks - Lee completed 64 percent of his 241 passes for 2,360 yards and 31 touchdowns. Denny completed 57 percent of his 84 passes for 655 yards and 11 touchdowns. Both were blessed to have some sensational pass receivers.
The new coach will count himself lucky to have a returning two-year starter at QB with Lee's outstanding resume along with an outstanding pass receiving corps that includes Flippen, Neal and Harrison.

Yall do remember the other guy started a game and the Rams only scored 19 points right?
I don’t…who were they playing? Like I said earlier I usually don’t migrate to Reidsville games until my Vikings lose out…i do know they only put up 21 points against East duplin….and it was def not the receivers fault cause they are some studs out there!!!!

Yeah, I don't think he'd come back honestly. Only way I could see him coming back is if he's at the end of his career and maybe he want to finish out here. I think if they don't go with baby teague, then I'd call Earl Bates.
Yep. Call Earl Bates. That would be awesome to see

Reactions: Armchaircoach20
I asked a prominent Randolph county coach about the reidsville job. He said he wasn’t applying.

Congrats to Coach Teague on a great career.

One would wonder though, why now? He has a loaded team returning (nothing new for Reidsville though I’m sure) and ended his career as a state runner up instead of going out on top. No shade towards him or the Reidsville program, I’m just curious.

Well, this kinda falls into the hard to believe category, also.
We have no idea if Coach Teague observed this during his coaching tenure. He probably decided on his own that handing over a very talented team worthy of a Title run was just the right thing to do for the next guy that takes the reins. He strikes us as that kind of man.
Here is what Shelby’s head coaches consider a succession plan.

Pearly Allen (5 Titles, 3 runner ups) wins back to back State Titles in 1975 and 1976. Then retires.

He hands over to Jim Taylor (3Titles, 3 runner ups) a 1977 team that goes 10-0, and wire-to-wire # 1 in the State 3A AP poll during the regular season. Unfortunately that squad loses in the playoff 1st round, 3-0, to a Newton-Conover team coached by Don Patrick, a Shelby alum who played for Coach Allen. The field house at N-C has his name on it.

Coach Taylor drops the Title game to Clinton in 1997. Then retires.

He hands over to Chris Norman (3 Titles, 2 runner ups) a 1998 team that wins the State Championship, in his first year as Head Coach.
In Coach Norman’s last season, 2010, he guides the Golden Lions back to the Western Final, only to lose in the final seconds a tight game to eventual champ Salisbury after a still controversial on sides kick. Then retires.

He hands over to Lance Ware (5 Titles) a 2011 squad with two 1000 yard rushers. Coach Ware, far ahead of most of us, chooses to immediately go to installing the air raid spread offense we are so familiar with today. After a difficult 6-5 regular season, the Golden Lions still managed to lead until the waning seconds the Western Final against eventual champ West Stokes.
Some of us felt we “passed” our way out of another Title that season, but it would set the stage for the incredible next run.
Coach Ware wins the Title 5 times in his last 6 years as Head Coach, including his final in 2018.
Then retires.

He hands over to Mike Wilbanks (2 Titles) a 2019 team that wins the State Championship, in his first year as head coach. See the pattern here?
Coach Wilbanks wins the Title again in 2021.

We honestly could not make this stuff up.
Each of the four Head Coaching transfers involved handing a Championship level squad over, after completing a Championship level season.

It sure helped the incoming new Head Coaches.
We feel Coach Teague has the same idea.

Reactions: dogs79
Well you are close to Randolph County!
Part of the Thomasville city limits is in Randolph County. But not the Thomasville City Schools.
Coach Gillespie got his start in coaching at Thomasville in the early nineties under Allen Brown. He did have a couple of stops in Randolph County at Trinity and Asheboro. But always wanted to get back to Thomasville.

Reactions: PagePirates44
How do you say that? Didn’t coach Robertson take them to a 16-0 season the first year Teague left?
Earl Bates coached Doug Robertson and was calling the plays long before Doug came back to Reidsville as an assistant coach. Earl Bates put his time in. Earl Was supposed to be next man up. Doug is a great coach but the job should have went to bates

What were your high school stats at QB1?
Just checking too see if you have the pedigree to make that statement...
This is a football forum for a reason. People have their own opinions and perspectives on what they see from teams or players. Don’t get on here and get personal because someone thinks that was a weak spot. I’m pretty sure you’re either a fan of the team or have a close relationship with the player so of course your going to be biased.

Reactions: nwguilford007
This is a football forum for a reason. People have their own opinions and perspectives on what they see from teams or players. Don’t get on here and get personal because someone thinks that was a weak spot. I’m pretty sure you’re either a fan of the team or have a close relationship with the player so of course your going to be biased.
Dont make statements unless you have some foundation to make it, simple as that, a brain surgeon can critique another brain surgeon but a clown that has never been in that position is just a clown....you must be another bum that has never played the sport at a high level but has all the answers

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Dont make statements unless you have some foundation to make it, simple as that, a brain surgeon can critique another brain surgeon but a clown that has never been in that position is just a clown....you must be another bum that has never played the sport at a high level but has all the answers
I don’t have to get on here and talk about my accomplishments in sports to validate anything. None of that matters at this point in time and is a distant memory. Clearly you’re butt hurt because someone doesn’t think the QB is that great. People are entitled to their own opinion on this public forum, regardless if they played at a high level or not. It’s football so talk football without getting your feelings involved….you should know that since you played!

Last edited:
What were your high school stats at QB1?
Just checking too see if you have the pedigree to make that statement...
Comparing my QB1 stats to his would be like apples and oranges…..rams receivers this past year and for the next two years are phenomenal…..and to have them
On the same Team…..amazing…..nothing like I played with (not saying it would have made me better)

lol.....you gotta forgive some of these younger guys....guys like me know about Burton Cates and his many successes at Eastern Randolph and one of the Lee County schools.....................

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT