ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville HS HFC is open

Say what you want Mule about board making the final decision but if there is a search committee, they will with the principal and AD, choose the coach. They will submit that name to the board who will rubber stamp their recommendation. So, on a technicality, you are correct but we all know the choice is made before it gets to the board.

Won't say where I know ET has applied but I know he has.

Earl is great coach and he might stay long term, or at least until he is ready to retire, which by the way, can't be too many more years. I was only pointing out the obvious with him. He's not stayed anywhere more than 4 years since leaving Reidsville. He would not take a pay cut. In fact, he'd probably get a raise. RC head coaches are 12 months. GC coaches are 10. Even though the teaching supplement is double in GC the extra 2 months pay adds up.

Stay tuned.

Say what you want Mule about board making the final decision but if there is a search committee, they will with the principal and AD, choose the coach. They will submit that name to the board who will rubber stamp their recommendation. So, on a technicality, you are correct but we all know the choice is made before it gets to the board.

Earl is great coach and he might stay long term, or at least until he is ready to retire, which by the way, can't be too many more years. I was only pointing out the obvious with him. He's not stayed anywhere more than 4 years since leaving Reidsville. He would not take a pay cut. In fact, he'd probably get a raise. RC head coaches are 12 months. GC coaches are 10. Even though the teaching supplement is double in GC the extra 2 months pay adds up.

Stay tuned.
Well, since I know what is going on and you don't, we will just leave it at that.

Stay tuned.
I hear ya….imo with everything jimmy teague has done at that school (8 state titles) he should be able to choose his replacement. I know that’s not how it works but I think that would be classy by the principal and AD to do….and after a year if his choice don’t work fire that guy and move on. This is just my opinion and how I think they should handle this and any coach of this magnitude

I hear ya….imo with everything jimmy teague has done at that school (8 state titles) he should be able to choose his replacement. I know that’s not how it works but I think that would be classy by the principal and AD to do….and after a year if his choice don’t work fire that guy and move on. This is just my opinion and how I think they should handle this and any coach of this magnitude

They are absolutely in a tough spot. You’re absolutely right. I don’t think they could go wrong with either choice

The thought ET applying elsewhere is a head scratcher. Only jobs that are open or been open within a 45 minute drive were BL Smith, NW Guilford, Providence Grove, and Trinity, with the latter 2 still open. And I wouldnt think any of those would be worth leaving for.

Reactions: nwguilford007
There is at least one other school that is open, or opening. Rumor has circulated for months that a successful, younger coach at another area school is leading candidate. If so, then there will be another triad school with a good football reputation that will be looking for a coach. Mule may know what he knows but I know what I know.

To nwguilford2007's point about coach Teague selecting his successor, I think that has happened before. The Brown's at Thomasville come to mind. It's certainly not unheard of. It's a different day but Jimmy is so respected I imagine if he said that's what he wanted the powers that be (including Mule) would allow it. That said, if Teague has a say why would he not hand it off to his own son? Unless of course ET doesn't want it.

Point has been made here and it may be part of the mix. Lots of staff openings moving forward. Part of Rams success has been stability on coaching staff. Not easy to replace one good assistant much less 3 or 4. Maybe this factors in?

There is at least one other school that is open, or opening. Rumor has circulated for months that a successful, younger coach at another area school is leading candidate. If so, then there will be another triad school with a good football reputation that will be looking for a coach. Mule may know what he knows but I know what I know.

To nwguilford2007's point about coach Teague selecting his successor, I think that has happened before. The Brown's at Thomasville come to mind. It's certainly not unheard of. It's a different day but Jimmy is so respected I imagine if he said that's what he wanted the powers that be (including Mule) would allow it. That said, if Teague has a say why would he not hand it off to his own son? Unless of course ET doesn't want it.

Point has been made here and it may be part of the mix. Lots of staff openings moving forward. Part of Rams success has been stability on coaching staff. Not easy to replace one good assistant much less 3 or 4. Maybe this factors in?

So he applied for a job that isnt open yet? Ok.

If they're going to have some positions to feel I think that Cates should be in the running. He can bring guys with him. As long as he doesn't bring that young one who chest bumps all the players when they come off the field. Which is some dumb shit. But he has a good football mind he's been winning for a while. And really I think could make that running game a little more hard nosed and downhill. I think the physicality has been missing from their game at Reidsville for a while. Don't get me wrong they got the dudes. But it showed in the state championship. They got ran over. Bring in Burton Cates. Say what you want before a while he said Eastern Randolph at the top. They were the second best 1A team this year and it's number three hadn't been hurt they might have been the best..

If they're going to have some positions to feel I think that Cates should be in the running. He can bring guys with him. As long as he doesn't bring that young one who chest bumps all the players when they come off the field. Which is some dumb shit. But he has a good football mind he's been winning for a while. And really I think could make that running game a little more hard nosed and downhill. I think the physicality has been missing from their game at Reidsville for a while. Don't get me wrong they got the dudes. But it showed in the state championship. They got ran over. Bring in Burton Cates. Say what you want before a while he said Eastern Randolph at the top. They were the second best 1A team this year and it's number three hadn't been hurt they might have been the best..

I wouldn't say that we were really good in the trenches during the covid year and before that. The last 2 years haven't been as good, but we still had a division 1 lineman this past season.

Might be open again in a year or two. But I dont think NWG administration is very fond of Reidville folks lol
They are not…I remember probably 2017ish when we played yal our parents were saying all kinds of stuff about how rough yal were etc (they are some soft parents)….I do believe we beat yal once though which is more than most can say

They are not…I remember probably 2017ish when we played yal our parents were saying all kinds of stuff about how rough yal were etc (they are some soft parents)….I do believe we beat yal once though which is more than most can say

Yes I think that was the game that Cloud got knocked out of. I remember hearing that parents were saying that and thinking "some people are dumb".

Have they named a coach for the new school in Alamance County? That could be a good job. I understand they are drawing from EA and SA districts.

The 2013 game ya'll roughed us up. That was a tremendous nwg team. 2014 I think we were the better team, but we had our qb out and a few others and lost by 3.

Unless you break out a wing t not sure how much more smash mouth you can get than the power and counter which is what theyve ran for 30 years.
Real sure. Slinging the ball around not coming down hill is not what they used to be man. They look diff the last few. Get back to physically beating people

Reactions: dogs79
They run it plenty and run it well. Ask anyone that has played them. Just because they aren't in the wishbone or "I" doesn't mean they don't run it. Some years maybe a little more than others but they have also been physical in doing it. The things they do off their base runs are good too. The QB Keep off Power G is a killer.

Sounds like someone has an E. Duplin hangover.

No man I couldn't give a shit about East duplin. I just think they'd be better served to run behind some lineman instead of that stupid zone shit. Just my opinion. Yeah of course they're power g is great. Let's run some hand and counter too. I don't see enough of that out of them. What I see is then wanting to gradually move to throw in the ball all over the place. East Dublin physically spanked that ass that's a fact. Slowly and methodically. Not just an offense but on defense. You better be able to punch people in the mouth. Whether you got athletes or not.

No man I couldn't give a shit about East duplin. I just think they'd be better served to run behind some lineman instead of that stupid zone shit. Just my opinion. Yeah of course they're power g is great. Let's run some hand and counter too. I don't see enough of that out of them. What I see is then wanting to gradually move to throw in the ball all over the place. East Dublin physically spanked that ass that's a fact. Slowly and methodically. Not just an offense but on defense. You better be able to punch people in the mouth. Whether you got athletes or not.

90% of their runs are between the tackles. There is also this thing called an RPO that lots of teams run. Inside zone is ran, well, inside. They really never used a sweep or outside zone too often.

Oh and it's Duplin, not Dublin.

I do agree with what your saying. And its been proven that running the ball travels in all weather conditions. Also, east duplin and New Bern COMBINED for 1 pass and both won a state title.....not saying that Rams need to go to that extreme but more physical would be good. noone on this past team ran the ball as hard as lettelough, hammock, Ray Ray butchee, or Tayon Graves. And im sure im missing some

I do agree with what your saying. And its been proven that running the ball travels in all weather conditions. Also, east duplin and New Bern COMBINED for 1 pass and both won a state title.....not saying that Rams need to go to that extreme but more physical would be good. noone on this past team ran the ball as hard as lettelough, hammock, Ray Ray butchee, or Tayon Graves. And im sure im missing some
Antoine Terry, Kwame Graves are a couple of bruisers. Even DQ Bowman

90% of their runs are between the tackles. There is also this thing called an RPO that lots of teams run. Inside zone is ran, well, inside. They really never used a sweep or outside zone too often.

Oh and it's Duplin, not Dublin.
No shit is it really? I totally thought I was talking about an Irish football team I am so sorry. Don't nobody give a shit about RPOs ain't nobody in high school running RPOs not in North Carolina. I watched your film I don't see your quarterback's eyes downfield on the safety I don't see him checking out to see whether he's going to throw it or run it or not. So get your head out of your ass. It's a fact they ain't running downhill like they used to that's why they're getting penetration in the backfield. It runs are getting stopped back there. Zone is outdated. You fix that with penetration people been doing that to Reidsville. Not enough to beat them but more so than in last year's. Come out bust somebody in the head downhill in my opinion that's what they need to get back to but it's just my opinion. I hope my grammar was okay lost password

No shit is it really? I totally thought I was talking about an Irish football team I am so sorry. Don't nobody give a shit about RPOs ain't nobody in high school running RPOs not in North Carolina. I watched your film I don't see your quarterback's eyes downfield on the safety I don't see him checking out to see whether he's going to throw it or run it or not. So get your head out of your ass. It's a fact they ain't running downhill like they used to that's why they're getting penetration in the backfield. It runs are getting stopped back there. Zone is outdated. You fix that with penetration people been doing that to Reidsville. Not enough to beat them but more so than in last year's. Come out bust somebody in the head downhill in my opinion that's what they need to get back to but it's just my opinion. I hope my grammar was okay lost password

Lots of teams run RPOs. Reidville sure does. You're usually watching a LB, not a safety unless he is in the box.

Enjoy arguing with a cloud today, because you obviously dont know what Reidsville runs.

I don't think Reidsville needs to change anything. Not going to win championship every year

Exactly, no one thought Reidsville would even make the championship. I do agree we haven't been as physical, but I'm good with the results with the rams. We should be preseason no 1 next season if all the pieces fall into place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT