ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville HS HFC is open

I think his son would be the obvious heir apparent.

I was hoping he would do another year. But I understand and he's had a great career.
I think his son will get the job and he obviously would want to leave him with a great team.

why the money? Prestige of 4a? whats your reasoning behind that?

Yeah, I don't think he'd come back honestly. Only way I could see him coming back is if he's at the end of his career and maybe he want to finish out here. I think if they don't go with baby teague, then I'd call Earl Bates.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Wasn't money. RC HS football jobs are 12 month positions. Doug took a pay cut to go to Person. Also traded a 15 min drive to work for an hour. There were other factors. You'll have to ask him but money wasn't one of them.

Congrats to Jimmy Teague.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Earl Bates is the rightful candidate and should be in the forefront if he applies. Should have gotten the job after Teague left the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
Erik Teague is the obvious choice ... Dad will probably assist in some capacity.

I thought Jimmy Teague would stay another year with the stadium upgrades coming on line.

380 wins and only 111 losses is an amazing career record. Included in that was a 339-58 mark at Reidsville (28 seasons).

Earl Bates is the rightful candidate and should be in the forefront if he applies. Should have gotten the job after Teague left the first time.
How do you say that? Didn’t coach Robertson take them to a 16-0 season the first year Teague left?

Erik Teague is the obvious choice ... Dad will probably assist in some capacity.

I thought Jimmy Teague would stay another year with the stadium upgrades coming on line.

380 wins and only 111 losses is an amazing career record. Included in that was a 339-58 mark at Reidsville (28 seasons).
Someone with 0 HC experience and maybe less than 10 yrs coaching, is obvious choice to take over Reidsville?

Frank Lost Password for the win....... He may have lost his password but I hear tell he would switch up to the Wishbone and put Harrison at Fullback and Flippen at a wingback....and Widerman at the other and never throw a pass :)

Or Rambbq.... hed bring back the leather helmets and the straight T and rename them the golden lions.... We would have to sue then though ha ha ha

Bottom line someone in inheriting a great team next year

Congratulations to Coach Teague on a HOF career, but especially on the positive shaping of the young men that played for him.

The very real fear now that you Reidsville football faithful must face is can you sustain success in the future under new head coaches?
Was it Jimmy Teague dependent, or can Reidsville maintain Championship level play over the next four future head coaching changes as Shelby has since Coach Allen set the Gold Standard in the 60’s and 70’s.
The last 7 consecutive decades of Championship level football.
Teague did it for the last 2 decades. Noteworthy and special, for sure.
But there is a 31 consecutive recent year absence right before that.
We see it as much more likely that Reidsville will not experience another Jimmy Teague, much less four in a row. We do not wish diminished success upon Reidsville football, but as we have observed in recent times around the state, most of the multi Title runs by a few high school programs with a dominate single coach over a decade or two, are not followed by sustained Championship success as that coach departs.
It is just super rare.
Having five multiple Title head coaches in a row over the last 7 consecutive decades isn’t even fathomable, yet we have seen it with our own eyes.

www.shelbyhighfootball.com

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and beamer24
Congratulations to Coach Teague on a HOF career, but especially on the positive shaping of the young men that played for him.

The very real fear now that you Reidsville football faithful must face is can you sustain success in the future under new head coaches?
Was it Jimmy Teague dependent, or can Reidsville maintain Championship level play over the next four future head coaching changes as Shelby has since Coach Allen set the Gold Standard in the 60’s and 70’s.
The last 7 consecutive decades of Championship level football.
Teague did it for the last 2 decades. Noteworthy and special, for sure.
But there is a 31 consecutive recent year absence right before that.
We see it as much more likely that Reidsville will not experience another Jimmy Teague, much less four in a row. We do not wish diminished success upon Reidsville football, but as we have observed in recent times around the state, most of the multi Title runs by a few high school programs with a dominate single coach over a decade or two, are not followed by sustained Championship success as that coach departs.
It is just super rare.
Having five multiple Title head coaches in a row over the last 7 consecutive decades isn’t even fathomable, yet we have seen it with our own eyes.

www.shelbyhighfootball.com
You trying to say that Jim Taylor didn't do a good job? Jesus what kind of idiot are you.

Coach Teague's success will be hard for anyone to match, much less exceed...in his 28 year career with the Rams (1992-2008) and (2012-2022) Jimmy's teams won 339 games (an avg. of 12 wins per year) against only 58 losses (an avg. of 2 losses per year)....His teams won state titles in 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (played in spring of 2021 due to Covid)............also was state runner-up in 2005, 2017, and 2022...He would be the first to say that he had great players and great assistant coaches...........and "Shelby Lion" even I'm not that old (the leather helmet thing).....T-formation revolutionized football in the early 1940's and "The Golden Lions" is a great nickname (Reidsville had that name from 1928 thru 1968 season)....They've been the "Rams" from fall of 1969 until the present................little known fact is that Reidsville teams from 1910 thru 1927 were known as the "Golden Tornadoes"

You trying to say that Jim Taylor didn't do a good job? Jesus what kind of idiot are you.
Coach Taylor is one of the “ five” mentioned above.
Pearly Allen (alum) ,Jim Taylor, Chris Norman (alum) , Lance Ware (alum), Mike Wilbanks.

Can you read and comprehend, rough?

Coach Teague's success will be hard for anyone to match, much less exceed...in his 28 year career with the Rams (1992-2008) and (2012-2022) Jimmy's teams won 339 games (an avg. of 12 wins per year) against only 58 losses (an avg. of 2 losses per year)....His teams won state titles in 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (played in spring of 2021 due to Covid)............also was state runner-up in 2005, 2017, and 2022...He would be the first to say that he had great players and great assistant coaches...........and "Shelby Lion" even I'm not that old (the leather helmet thing).....T-formation revolutionized football in the early 1940's and "The Golden Lions" is a great nickname (Reidsville had that name from 1928 thru 1968 season)....They've been the "Rams" from fall of 1969 until the present................little known fact is that Reidsville teams from 1910 thru 1927 were known as the "Golden Tornadoes"
With 339 wins at Reidsville, Coach Teague has passed Allen Brown from Thomasville (331) with most wins at one school. Hopefully, the NCHSAA record book will recognize both feats. Last I looked, Tom Brown was showing as the record holder with 330.
To be fair, there may be another coach out there also not listed. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing.
Congratulations to Coach Teague!

Frank Lost Password for the win....... He may have lost his password but I hear tell he would switch up to the Wishbone and put Harrison at Fullback and Flippen at a wingback....and Widerman at the other and never throw a pass :)

Or Rambbq.... hed bring back the leather helmets and the straight T and rename them the golden lions.... We would have to sue then though ha ha ha

Bottom line someone in inheriting a great team next year

I'd put blue horns on the helmets, and run the triple option out of the single wing. But Id have Flippen split out wide at least.

nchsaa does a woeful job of keeping records updated................
I went through the Rams record books and sent them numerous updates about 2 weeks ago ... no updates by NCHSAA yet.

Someone with 0 HC experience and maybe less than 10 yrs coaching, is obvious choice to take over Reidsville?
Should have added if they hired somebody from the current staff in my statement. I think a couple of the other long-time assistants are also retiring. Erik would be the the senior member of the staff who also teaches at the high school and that is a must.

Coach Taylor is one of the “ five” mentioned above.
Pearly Allen (alum) ,Jim Taylor, Chris Norman (alum) , Lance Ware (alum), Mike Wilbanks.

Can you read and comprehend, rough?
I think it's easy to. You didn't put it in your post but old barbecue did. Taylor won when it was the toughest conference in the state. When Crest was still in when East Gaston was still in when they were good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT