ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE AT EASTERN ALAMANCE

They barely beat a winless Northern Guilford, bro. Would think that would have made you more optimistic, especially if you’re getting two of your “big guns” back.
The "big guns" may be back but maybe not up to speed.

Losing Widerman at LB hurts because the Rams linebackers have not exactly shown to be a force on defense.

Northern Guilford only lost by 31-21 to New Bern (last years 4A Champs) at New Bern.....so they might not be as bad as some are thinking...............

Yea If the rams win Friday I honestly believe more people will be shocked than not shocked. Based on injuries and how we playing so far. Not having Neal in secondary is going to continue to be a problem. Loss of Widerman is another crushing blow. But let people sleep on the rams come playoff time. They will see. No way they stay this way with injuries all year.

They barely beat a winless Northern Guilford, bro. Would think that would have made you more optimistic, especially if you’re getting two of your “big guns” back.
They were up by 20 and then took foot off gas until they needed a score late to win and then they scored easily. They are a better eastern alamance team from a year ago by a little margin but are improved. We intercepted them 4 times in 1 quarter last year to comeback and win. I doubt we get 4 picks this time around

Yea If the rams win Friday I honestly believe more people will be shocked than not shocked. Based on injuries and how we playing so far. Not having Neal in secondary is going to continue to be a problem. Loss of Widerman is another crushing blow. But let people sleep on the rams come playoff time. They will see. No way they stay this way with injuries all year.

At least flip is likely back in the secondary. I’m thinking j9 or pinnix could now come help at olb.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The "big guns" may be back but maybe not up to speed.

Losing Widerman at LB hurts because the Rams linebackers have not exactly shown to be a force on defense.
Since he’s out that changes my pick. I think the two running backs for EA will have a field day. Hopefully Widerman gets healthy soon.

Widerman expected back after missing 2 games, then the open date.

The doctor only cleared Flip to play offense, he will not be playing defense this season

That makes no sense at all. Does this doctor not know football? You'll probably take more hits on offense than defense.

But will be nice to see him back on the field.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Reidsville at Eastern Alamance will be televised by WMYVDT channel 48 ... if you've got Spectrum in the Triad, it's channel 15.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
The doctor only cleared Flip to play offense, he will not be playing defense this season
That don’t even make sense. He’s putting more stress on his leg playing offense. Sounds to me he don’t want to play defense since he has these offers at WR. Probably not just him making that decision. Mostly likely a close family member also. Probably the same family member that threatened to transfer him because he wasn’t getting the ball thrown to him enough.

That don’t even make sense. He’s putting more stress on his leg playing offense. Sounds to me he don’t want to play defense since he has these offers from at WR. Probably not just him making that decision. Mostly likely a close family member also. Probably the same family member that threatened to transfer him because he wasn’t getting the ball thrown to him enough.

1. It wasnt his leg that is hurt.

2. He has more offers at DB than WR from what Ive heard.

3. Bingo

That don’t even make sense. He’s putting more stress on his leg playing offense. Sounds to me he don’t want to play defense since he has these offers at WR. Probably not just him making that decision. Mostly likely a close family member also. Probably the same family member that threatened to transfer him because he wasn’t getting the ball thrown to him enough.
I think it's a shoulder issue, not leg.

1. It wasnt his leg that is hurt.

2. He has more offers at DB than WR from what Ive heard.

3. Bingo
Well injuries and egos is what will hold this team back. No reason this team even though don’t look great now, shouldn’t be playing in state title again. Would be one huge bust of a season without a title.

Well injuries and egos is what will hold this team back. No reason this team even though don’t look great now, shouldn’t be playing in state title again. Would be one huge bust of a season without a title.
Not saying it will hold us back. Just saying that is only things that could. Just to clarify

Flip has three offers as DB, none as WR.

Even if it is his shoulder go take a hit rather it’s on offense of defense. Still don’t make any sense to be allowed to only play offense. Either you can play or you can’t.
Unless you know the nature of his injury and have access to his medical records how can you or anyone give advice?

Maybe there are more Drs on these boards than I realize.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
Unless you know the nature of his injury and have access to his medical records how can you or anyone give advice?

Maybe there are more Drs on these boards than I realize.
The question is How can you play offense but not defense, most shoulder injury’s come from the offensive side of the ball. Diving for catches, taking hits, defensive guy falling on top of you after the tackle

The question is How can you play offense but not defense, most shoulder injury’s come from the offensive side of the ball. Diving for catches, taking hits, defensive guy falling on top of you after the tackle
Maybe it’s just me but I’ve seen more shoulder injuries come from the defensive side of the ball. First thing that comes to mind is when guys go to wrap up or extend their arm to make a tackle and end up tearing something, shoulder popping out or messing up their rotator cuff.
I know it’s football but if it was my son and the doctor said you can only play one side of the ball for now, you won’t play at all, especially for a high school game. You either can play or you can’t but no need to force it and possibly ruin playing at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT