Sep 18, 2001
Burns 0 0 6 8 -- 14
Reidsville 7 10 7 8 -- 32

R - Jaden McCain 51 pass from Al Lee (Ivar DeJong kick), 7:46 first quarter
R - Kendre Harrison 18 pass from Lee (DeJong kick), 7:25 second quarter
R - DeJong 27 field goal, 0:49 second quarter
B - Jeremiah Norris 9 run (kick failed), 6:24 third quarter
R - Jeremiah Redd 10 run (DeJong kick), 1:02 third quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 98 interception return (Aidan Mansfield pass from Dionte Neal), 6:48 fourth quarter
B - Safety, Landon Denny recovered fumble in end zone
B - Kamari Surratt 13 pass from Ben Mauney (pass failed), 3:35 fourth quarter

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Mendoza had two interceptions and Flippen the 98-yard pick 6 ... that makes 34 interceptions for Reidsville this season and an incredible 8 pick-6s ... Flippen now has 3 of the pick-6 TDs

Last edited:
In looking at the record book, I see that Calvin Humphrey of High Point Central has the most pick -6s in a season with 4. Flippen and Dionte Neal are now among 13 tied for second with 3. The career record for pick 6s is 9 by Chester McGlockton of Whiteville (1984-86) and Michael Waddell of Richmond County (1996-98) with 9 each.
McGlockton went on to star at Clemson and then played in the NFL for four teams from 1992 to 2003. He made four pro bowls. That high school career pick-6 record is amazing since he played defensive line.
Sadly, he died in 2011.

Mendoza had two interceptions and Flippen the 98-yard pick 6 ... that makes 33 interceptions for Reidsville this season and an incredible 8 pick-6s ... Flippen now has 3 of the pick-6 TDs
Wow that is some crazy stats. How can you beat a team like that?

Dionte Neal is also 4 interceptions away from tying the Reidsville school record for most career interceptions, and he's only a freshman.
Record shared by 2:
Rashad Slade (1994-96) 16
Adrian Adams (2001-03) 16

In looking at the record book, I see that Calvin Humphrey of High Point Central has the most pick -6s in a season with 4. Flippen and Dionte Neal are now among 13 tied for second with 3. The career record for pick 6s is 9 by Chester McGlockton of Whiteville (1984-86) and Michael Waddell of Richmond County (1996-98) with 9 each.
McGlockton went on to star at Clemson and then played in the NFL for four teams from 1992 to 2003. He made four pro bowls. That high school career pick-6 record is amazing since he played defensive line.
Sadly, he died in 2011.
That is some very great company. Big Chester was probably the best player on defense to come out of NC. Played tight end and linebacker at Whiteville. I have never seen anybody like him in high school, and probably won't.

That is some very great company. Big Chester was probably the best player on defense to come out of NC. Played tight end and linebacker at Whiteville. I have never seen anybody like him in high school, and probably won't.
Chester is the best in High school I've ever seen. He was a freak Strick. Danny Ford was sooo happy to get him.

Here's some yardages -
Rushing - Burns 124 (Norris 17 carries, 92 yards); Reidsville 80 Yards (Redd 11 caries. 49 yards)
Passing - Burns 10-25-3, 159 yards; Reidsville 12-21-1, 183 yards.
Receiving - Burns: Thompson 3 catches 93 yards; Reidsville: Harrison 3 catches 48 yards, Neal 3 catches 15 yards, Flippen 2 catches 50 yards; McCain 1 for 51.
Total Yards - Burns 283, Reidsville 263.
First Downs: Burns 15, Reidsville 18
Offensive Plays: Burns 54, Reidsville 63
Penalties: Burns 7-48, Reidsville 8-73.
Sacks: Each team had 3
Turnovers: Burns 3, Reidsville 2

Here's some yardages -
Rushing - Burns 124 (Norris 17 carries, 92 yards); Reidsville 80 Yards (Redd 11 caries. 49 yards)
Passing - Burns 10-25-3, 159 yards; Reidsville 12-21-1, 183 yards.
Receiving - Burns: Thompson 3 catches 93 yards; Reidsville: Harrison 3 catches 48 yards, Neal 3 catches 15 yards, Flippen 2 catches 50 yards; McCain 1 for 51.
Total Yards - Burns 283, Reidsville 263.
First Downs: Burns 15, Reidsville 18
Offensive Plays: Burns 54, Reidsville 63
Penalties: Burns 7-48, Reidsville 8-73.
Sacks: Each team had 3
Turnovers: Burns 3, Reidsville 2
Stats very close scoreboard not so much.

You might want to watch Harrison.

Reactions: FACT24
I'll credit Lee with playing better than he has. He still scares me when he gets pressured hard. I think the remedy would be 2 rbs in to block in pass plays so he has time. Just have to sacrifice that extra wr.

The running game should look a lot better next season, imo.

I don't think East Duplin will do that. They just line up and run it straight at you until they break one.
They throw the ball! But they are definitely a run down your throat team. But ANYBODY who got 58 put on them by another 2A school WILL NOT beat Reidsville!!! This will be another Ram State Title ROUT!!!

Reidsville really seems to have stepped up their play recently, especially on D. I think they take it, and no disrespect intended, I dont think it will be very close.

Reactions: Rammer16
Sadly, he died in 2011.
He played some LB in HS, I think.

The two things you do not see in these stats were 3rd down conversations and line of scrimmage.

In the first half when the dogs offense couldn’t get anything going (which was due to the scheme from reidsville, great preparation) and the defense was on the field seemingly the whole time we got reidsville into several third and long situations and could never get the stop. The burns defense in my onion played a great first half if you put into account for the amount of time they spent on the field. Reidsville could have easily ran the score on up but the dogs D just never quit.

Line of scrimmage wasn’t “dominated” by either side. Burns DL could almost do what they wanted. (Far more than 3 sacks) but just couldn’t get it done when it had to be done. On the flip side reidsville pass rush was putting Mauney in situations he couldn’t set his feet and throw. On top of that he started forcing the ball.

Great game plan and execution from reidsville.

But like always, I’ll ride with my bulldogs no matter what. Was a great season and nothing to hang their heads about. Came up a little short.

Reactions: rambbq and ramit02
good anaylsis...lesser teams would've folded and been a much more lopsided game....if Reidsville QB has time it can deadly to their foes...but as the saying goes...best past defense is a good defensive rush...what makes Reidsville so hard for teams to pass on, is the fact that the Rams have a good rush on the opposing QB as well as having DB.'s that can cover most receivers one on one......................

Reactions: Bulldog_012
good anaylsis...lesser teams would've folded and been a much more lopsided game....if Reidsville QB has time it can deadly to their foes...but as the saying goes...best past defense is a good defensive rush...what makes Reidsville so hard for teams to pass on, is the fact that the Rams have a good rush on the opposing QB as well as having DB.'s that can cover most receivers one on one......................
With a freshman that has a wingspan of about 8 feet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24 and rambbq
Rams pass rush was decent, but this is a rare case where the secondaryis so good, it gives the pass rush more time to disrupt the quarterback.

Mendoza had two interceptions and Flippen the 98-yard pick 6 ... that makes 33 interceptions for Reidsville this season and an incredible 8 pick-6s ... Flippen now has 3 of the pick-6 TDs
Max Preps has Reidsville with 34 interceptions ... Dhag and I are trying to check out where the discrepancy is. Also trying to check game film for an exact number on the long pick 6 ... some have it as 102. We had it as 98 from the press box.

The two things you do not see in these stats were 3rd down conversations and line of scrimmage.
Third Down Conversions:
Burns 4 of 11, Reidsville 5 of 13
Fourth Down Conversions:
Burns 0 of 1, Reidsville 2 of 3

Max Preps has Reidsville with 34 interceptions ... Dhag and I are trying to check out where the discrepancy is. Also trying to check game film for an exact number on the long pick 6 ... some have it as 102. We had it as 98 from the press box.
Yea I said 102 when it happened

Reactions: Rammer16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT