ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville 34, Maiden 7

Antoine Terry just didn’t get the ball enough. Simple as that

Rams could easily have 3 more championships. 2004, 2011 and 2017 were all right in our grasps. 2018 made up for some of the other ones, because that was a unexpected championship.

2011 was a rip off. Don’t understand how the NCHSAA did nothing to change the outcome. Clear video . No doubt the officials were paid off.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Nope not Shelby...it was Lincolnton....Since 2002 and counting to right now.....Reidsville has played 66 playoff games at home.....winning 61 and losing only 5.........................those 5 were...Western Alamance (2004)..Randleman (2010)..Shelby (2013), Shelby (2014) and Lincolnton (2015)..................................
Bad memories for sure.

I got fired from a job the week of the WA game in 2004. A friend asked, what made you cry more, the job or the Rams? I replied, screw the job, it was the Rams that hurt me.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yea. Because we played nobody lol let’s be real. Had 1 or 2 rankins brothers and that was it
Actually we had Jaron Rankin, Jack Nimmons, we had a an unbelievable QB but a headcase, Eric Poteat, Blake Stewart, the Troxler Twins along with several others. The only really subpar team we had was the 14 and 15 team. Shelby wore us out in 14. Rankin was hurt bad. We were in the game until the headcase QB threw a pick 6 at end of the 2nd quarter. He basically quit on everyone.
The 15 team was in between good and great. Very young. Lincolnton came in Regional Finals or Semis can't remember...beat us pretty good. Brought and rung that damn bell all night.
I'll go to my grave that Reidsville fans are spoiled. Since 03 we've been to the Regional Finals or Regional Semis just about every year with the exception of 2 or 3 years. Shelby, Reidsville, Tarboro, WRH, Independence, Mallard Creek, Wake Forrest and a few others are freaks on what we've accomplished. Reidsville and Shelby are on a whole another level. It's astonishing. We talk crap back and forth and can't see the greatest of the two programs for what they are.
Bad years are a relative term

Couldn’t you go back one more year? Lol we beat you all in 2001 (my senior year). 2-2 all time. All at your place. Can’t wait for you to come here one day.
lol....sure I''ll give you the due..Rams got spanked pretty good in 2001 and 2015 by Wolves ....Reidsville beat Lincolnton in 2014 and 2016....You guys had to travel here all 4 times....would not mind trip to Lincolnton...nice place.....spent a few days there a few years back when my grandson was playing a baseball tournament in Stanly......................

Reactions: LTown Wolves
That 2001 is another sore memory. Our conference had two spots in the playoffs. Western alamance missed the playoffs and had only lost two games all year.
Everyone was planning the trip to Shelby in round two. If I recall correctly, rams and Shelby lost first round.
I told some people, we should have just let western have the spot if we were going to lose like that.

Reactions: rambbq
Actually we had Jaron Rankin, Jack Nimmons, we had a an unbelievable QB but a headcase, Eric Poteat, Blake Stewart, the Troxler Twins along with several others. The only really subpar team we had was the 14 and 15 team. Shelby wore us out in 14. Rankin was hurt bad. We were in the game until the headcase QB threw a pick 6 at end of the 2nd quarter. He basically quit on everyone.
The 15 team was in between good and great. Very young. Lincolnton came in Regional Finals or Semis can't remember...beat us pretty good. Brought and rung that damn bell all night.
I'll go to my grave that Reidsville fans are spoiled. Since 03 we've been to the Regional Finals or Regional Semis just about every year with the exception of 2 or 3 years. Shelby, Reidsville, Tarboro, WRH, Independence, Mallard Creek, Wake Forrest and a few others are freaks on what we've accomplished. Reidsville and Shelby are on a whole another level. It's astonishing. We talk crap back and forth and can't see the greatest of the two programs for what they are.
Bad years are a relative term
My boy Jack was a beast. Helps out at page with coach Rob now

And yes, 2004 loss to Western Alamance was the biggest head scratchier loss. The story behind that one was crazy.

Story I heard about the 2004 team losing to Western Alamance by 2 pts. in regional finals after beating them by 45 points during reg. season, is that a key players girl friend broke up with him that week and his head was totally somewhere else......could be an urban legend or it could be true...don't know.....it's ancient history now..............................

If you talking about Shoffner anyone that played or coached that team even in basketball will tell you he was a curse for them. Was selfish. Never about the team. All about himself. Everyone from stands could see it. Players responded by at times letting the Dline through on purpose so then he would take off running for his life.
Wow hell of a comment about this man, smh

Wow hell of a comment about this man, smh
Idk about the man. Just what seen during that time. He could be heck of a guy for all I know. He did a lot of good for Reidsville but lost respect by quitting on his team. We don’t know what was going on in his personal life or any other part of his life.

Without shoffner the team doesn't make it that far in either sport
100% agree. I went to all those games in basketball playoffs in Fayetteville. Lost to Kinston both sports in semis if not mistaken. 2011? I’m not arguing that he was good. Just the other stuff that came along with it. But that’s the case for many athletes. Too many in the pros if I must say.

Story I heard about the 2004 team losing to Western Alamance by 2 pts. in regional finals after beating them by 45 points during reg. season, is that a key players girl friend broke up with him that week and his head was totally somewhere else......could be an urban legend or it could be true...don't know.....it's ancient history now..............................
Never good when your QB is talking about his breakup during the game and crying at halftime over it. At least that's the legend.

If you talking about Shoffner anyone that played or coached that team even in basketball will tell you he was a curse for them. Was selfish. Never about the team. All about himself. Everyone from stands could see it. Players responded by at times letting the Dline through on purpose so then he would take off running for his life.
Shoffner never played Shelby, he is referring to Williams

Reactions: Lion Attack
Rams could easily have 3 more championships. 2004, 2011 and 2017 were all right in our grasps. 2018 made up for some of the other ones, because that was a unexpected championship.
2011 you lost to Randleman who you just said was the worst program on list.....Dont think that year was in your grasp

2011 you lost to Randleman who you just said was the worst program on list.....Dont think that year was in your grasp

No that was 2010 that was the worst year. 2011 was in our grasp we lost on a hail mary in which the guy didn't even catch it and our qb got ejected during the game.

2010 was a bad year, but we had a few starters get kicked off the team.

That 2004 loss to Western Alamance was the biggest stunner - Rams had won the regular season conference game 51-6 ... but Western Alamance won the rematch in the fourth round, 16-14.
Reidsville was on a roll in the playoffs - wins over Northwood 41-7, Ledford 40-0 and Southern Vance 50-7. Loss to Western was a stunning upset for sure.

t800_lasersight.png

You're not talking anything related to Reidsville/Maiden here. You're off topic!

Told you it was onsite!

You lost to Kinston? I never knew that.
Way out of the norm for the Rams.

Kinston was pretty good that year though. They were favored to win states in 2aa that year especially after they beat us. But we should have won, our qb got ejected and the hail mary they completed to win the game was actually dropped lol.

Reactions: Chopper747
Kinston was pretty good that year though. They were favored to win states in 2aa that year especially after they beat us. But we should have won, our qb got ejected and the hail mary they completed to win the game was actually dropped lol.
I remember Shelby blew them out in the title game one year.

QB Williams helped a lot in 2013
I’m getting old. I don’t even remember a qb name Williams. For some reason I thought shoffner was 11-13. Which would have had him go against Shelby at least 1 time z

I’m getting old. I don’t even remember a qb name Williams. For some reason I thought shoffner was 11-13. Which would have had him go against Shelby at least 1 time z
No shoffner only started in 11. I think you are talking about williams only now

No shoffner only started in 11. I think you are talking about williams only now
What was first name? Man maybe I got so pissed those years I blocked it out. Well my apologies if I’m got the person or persons wrong in my statements. They were probably out of line anyways.

In 2012, Devonte Williams passed for 1,646 yards and 11 TDs and in 2013, he ran for 1517 yards and passed for 1747. Great dual threat stats.

Williams was super talented but quit on his team against Shelby. The team voted to decide if he could come back the following year. Didn't make the cut.
So I really apologize now. I had the wrong name in my mind. Not a good thing at my age. Yea this is the one I was thinking where team voted him out

Too bad some of buddies that wouldnt block for certain people didnt get the boot, too. Lots of bad mojo between 2013-2015
If your aren’t united you won’t win. Mount heritage was not athletic compared to Reidsville but those guys played with heart and grit and played for each other. The rams overcame them but that heart I saw from an underman team was impressive.

That 2013/2014 Reidsville team was a power running team with hammock and rankin. Although they surprisingly had success. It’s never a good sign when Reidsville is a running team. They were short on athletes that year at the receiver position.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I liked hammock and rankin. Both really good guys. Just wasn’t enough
Rankin had a high ankle sprain the week before. Wasn't enough to beat Shelby that year but severely hurt us on Defense and he didn't even play offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT