Sep 18, 2001
Scoring summary:

Maiden 0 0 0 7 -- 7
Reidsville 6 13 0 15 -- 34

R - Queshyne Flippen 54 interception return (run failed), 10:56 first quarter
R - Paul Widerman 4 run (run failed), 8:07 second quarter
R - Al Lee 1 run (Ivar DeJong kick), 2:25 second quarter
R - Flippen 42 pass from Lee (Dionte Neal run), 9:48 fourth quarter
M - Chris Culliver 19 pass from Wesley Thompson (Carson Foard kick), 6:55 fourth quarter
R - Widerman 6 pass from Landon Denny (DeJong kick), 2:17 fourth quarter

Reactions: RamPride192
Rams put the pressure on Maiden QB Thompson all night long and forced him into three interceptions. Rams now have 30 interceptions on the season and 6 TD returns. Unofficially, Maiden QB was 6 of 18 for 115 yards. I'll have the sack total later. Bunch of QB hits and QB hurries as well.
Rams defense hadn't seen a passing attack of Maiden's caliber all season, but they passed the test impressively tonight. The pick-6 on the opening possession of the game set the tone.

Rams put the pressure on Maiden QB Thompson all night long and forced him into three interceptions. Rams now have 30 interceptions on the season and 6 TD returns. Unofficially, Maiden QB was 6 of 18 for 115 yards. I'll have the sack total later. Bunch of QB hits and QB hurries as well.
Rams defense hadn't seen a passing attack of Maiden's caliber all season, but they passed the test impressively tonight. The pick-6 on the opening possession of the game set the tone.
Yea they never saw that coming. Flippen made an incredible play on that ball and somehow kept his balance then had presence of mind to return it all the way.

Reactions: TGT
Someone could have mentioned it earlier, idk, but I thought it was a damn classy act to have uva strong on the field! Good show!

Reactions: Rammer16
Like Dean Smith used to do before shot clock, get up and then just play keep away not even trying to score.
Yea. I get it. But I did like the fact that they aired it out to get the 27-0 lead. Could have just kept running and punting with defense playing lights out. They are working hard at practice to figure this out. It’s just hit and miss right now. Other teams would love to have our problem of scoring 34 while playing great defense

You have to let the running backs have the ball. Lee has no business carrying the ball that much.
Burns is going to be a completely different animal though I agree. Lee ran the ball well late and I think he broke one towards the end. But I think we should be pleased with winning by 27

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I think Maiden had 4 turnovers, Reidsville 0. (I don't remember a Reidsville turnover) ... anyway, the Rams defense has had all the answers in the second half of the season. First team has given up very few TDs the last 10 weeks.

Burns is going to be a completely different animal though I agree. Lee ran the ball well late and I think he broke one towards the end. But I think we should be pleased with winning by 27
We got to many rbs for him to carry that much. Best look of the night to me was cobb and widerman both in at rb.

Reactions: nwguilford007
We got to many rbs for him to carry that much. Best look of the night to me was cobb and widerman both in at rb.
Cobb was busy forcing holding penalties on Maiden OLine all night lol he made that RT miss so bad on a move then creamed the qb. The qb was pissed at his OLine

Just left Burns. That a really good team. Monroe's fast, but had nothing for #2. Should be a great game. Good luck, Rams.
For burns sake I hope they are not a 1 or 2 man team. Hopefully they can beat teams in different ways . I haven’t watch any game of them this year

For burns sake I hope they are not a 1 or 2 man team. Hopefully they can beat teams in different ways . I haven’t watch any game of them this year
They have multiple weapons. Speed. Well-coached. They'd have handled Maiden, in my opinion. I haven't seen Reidsville, but it's at Community Stadium, and it's the Rams...

For SURE, not a 2 man team.

1. Maiden D line is better than the O Line. I know some are one and the same.
2. I only say this because I was on field level. I also know it was back and forth. However; No. 1 for Maiden started jawing with Reidsville kids right after the pick 6. He and Flip were going back and forth. Honestly, I think the refs could have put it in check much earlier.
3. Maiden had no answer for the pass rush. 18 had the tackle on Roller skates.
4. I think the feedback on 14 is not 100 fair. Maiden had pressure on him most of the night.
5. 15 Neal did a pretty good job on a Culiver. A little bush league at the end when he scored to taunt Neal.
6. Met some really nice Maiden fans.
On to Burns.

Lee was 10 of 13 with 0 interceptions for 127 yards and 1 TD ... also had 45 yards rushing on 13 carries.
Total yards: Reidsville 315, Maiden 173.
Reidsville limited outstanding Maiden passing attack to 6-18-3 for 115 yards. Star WR Culliver was held to 2 catches for 42 yards and 1 TD. Keep in mind that Maiden had more than 400 yards passing and last week and Culliver had close to 200 yards.
Secondary play was outstanding but the key was the pass rush. Thompson sacked 4 times for 28 yards in losses ...

Somebody must have cheated. Maiden was supposed to win that game. Good year blu
Lee was 10 of 13 with 0 interceptions for 127 yards and 1 TD ... also had 45 yards rushing on 13 carries.
Reidsville limited outstanding Maiden passing attack to 6-18-3 for 115 yards. Star WR Culliver was held to 2 catches for 42 yards and 1 TD. Keep in mind that Maiden had more than 400 yards passing and last week and Culliver had close to 200 yards.
Secondary play was outstanding but the key was the pass rush. Thompson sacked 4 times for 28 yards in losses .
They had no chance. QB had NO time to throw. Reminded me of our loss to Shelby in the same round last year. We held a 300 yard passing attack to 120 I believe. No cheating bubba! Our Freshman were Dominating them upperclassmen!!!
Secondary play was outstanding but the key was the pass rush. Thompson sacked 4 times for 28 yards in losses ...
You just dominated the thread! This is all that needs to be seen! We were sloppy offensively again. Really could have been ugly. Kyle Pinnix would have put 60 up. No disrespect to Al. But anyway I lf you seen any of my posts on the pre game I was beating the drum on our secondary. As good as defenses as we've had since 2000. I believe this is the most LOCKED IN Secondary!! And our Freshman leads the State of NC in interceptions and we have 30 overall which I'm sure is 1st and maybe first in the nation. Without looking. I was BOMBARDED with "We ain't picking this QB off and we ain't seen a 2k yard passer and picking EAs QB off 5 times was nothing to be proud of" and I was not bothered. I was Rams by 30 all week! Damn close I believe!!! I thought Culliver would get his and they would score more than 7 but I wasn't phased seeing what they allowed a 4-7 team put on them. Ram Pride! Community Stadium is a Venus Fly Trap!!! Not losing at the house this year! Thank you Eastern Alamance...I mean Dionte Neal Al and Landon.... LOL

Why?
Why must you start a new thread like this?
Please explain.
Everybody else continues the original game thread.
You guys are weird.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Pre game thread and post-game thread with stats. Always.
No. That is not good enough. This ain’t the personal rams website.
You are obsessed with posting.
How many separate threads will you Reidsville guys start this week related/unrelated to this game on the 2A board?
Burns fans, you may need a table of contents to keep up as they will have this one, one about the Jayvees, one about the poor volunteer help at their stadium, one about some alumni, one about their # 1 fan Que Tucker, one about where they eat, and on and on.
They never met a topic they would not start a thread about.

• Haha
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
How many separate threads will you Reidsville guys start this week related/unrelated to this game on the 2A board?
Burns fans, you may need a table of contents to keep up as they will have this one, one about the Jayvees, one about the poor volunteer help at their stadium, one about some alumni, one about their # 1 fan Que Tucker, one about where they eat, and on and on.
Name more than the two threads (pre-game and post-game) about Reidsville and Maiden? I couldn't find any on N.C. Preps 2A boards. There may be some mentions of Reidsville as it relates to the entire bracket or statewide stats from Deana.

You know what there won't be a thread about..........shelby.

Sometimes losing is tough. A good nights sleep usually helps.

You still butt hurt about being knocked out in 2nd round 2 of last 3 years. Leave us alone and go do something with your life. Keep posting TGT. Don’t let this clown make you stop doing what you do

Reactions: Ooooner

Those look just like the subjects you would love and frequent and the rest of us could leave inuendo and other mundane and irrelevant items to you and your two followers to discuss. Bye.

What a day

🏈 🐏 ☑️
⚽️ 🇺🇸 ☑️
🏈 🐺 ☑️
🏀 🐺 ☑️
🏀 🌀 ☑️ :)

Go Rams Go Pack

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT