TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Walkertown 0 0 6 0 -- 6
Reidsville 7 6 0 6 -- 19

R - Jariel Cobb 22 run (Ivar DeJong kick), 8:10 first quarter
R - Paul Widerman 19 pass from Landon Denny (pass failed), 4:51 second quarter
W - Zion Moye 6 pass from Bryce Baker (run failed), 7:43 third quarter
R - Titus Burson recovered fumble in end zone (run failed), 4:02 fourth quarter

We have to stop fumbling the ball. This is becoming a real problem.

Rams got by with a lackluster offensive performance .... fumbles, bumbles, drops and such gave it a messy look ... good example was last TD - Rams fumbled it into end zone and offensive lineman recovered for TD.

RHS defense wasn't bad. Walkertown had some talented players and had some hard hitting defenders ... easy to see why they had four shutout victories coming into tonight.

Must be pointed out that Rams were without three of their key players - QB Lee, WR Flippen and DE Shryock.

Last edited:
Rams got by with a lackluster offensive performance .... fumbles, bumbles drops and such gave it a messy look ... good example was last TD- Rams fumbled it into end zone and offensive lineman recovered for TD.

RHS defense wasn't bad. Walkertown had some talented players and had some hard hitting defenders ... easy to see why they had four shutout victories coming into tonight.

Must be pointed out that Rams were without three of their key players - QB Lee, WR Flippen and DE Shryock.
Spot on. I suspect after tonight those who wanted the backup QB playing more might want to reconsider and cut Al Lee a little slack. I thought the offensive line played great and really fired off the ball when the Rams needed to run some clock.

Walkertown is going to give someone fits in the playoffs.

Reactions: thekidd12
SOME STATS
First Downs
- Walkertown 11, Reidsville 19
Total Yards - Walkertown 246, Reidsville 289
Passing - Walkertown 12-21-0, 140 yards; Reidsville 10-22-1, 90 yards
Fumbles - Walkertown fumbled 2, lost 2; Reidsville fumbled 3, lost 2
Rams have 8 turnovers in last two games
Rushing for Rams - Redd 12 attempts, 80 yards; Cobb 8 attempts 51 yards; Poteat 7 attempts 42 yards
Tackles for Rams - Linebackers Mansfield 13 and Widerman 10; Kelly 2 sacks

Rams got by with a lackluster offensive performance .... fumbles, bumbles, drops and such gave it a messy look ... good example was last TD - Rams fumbled it into end zone and offensive lineman recovered for TD.

Also #18 Kendre Harrison did not play in the 2nd half....Rams missed his play from the DE position and his rushing the QB.............strange play calling as well with short yardage situation with calls that backfired..............

Spot on. I suspect after tonight those who wanted the backup QB playing more might want to reconsider and cut Al Lee a little slack. I thought the offensive line played great and really fired off the ball when the Rams needed to run some clock.

Denny not having flippen hurt as well. The loss of cam peoples as a wr from last year really hurt, cause we still haven’t found anyone to really compliment flip. Tamir Johnson is more of a big play guy that can help out on offense as opposed to a wr.

Nah, I still like Denny. First start he gets is on a Monday after 3 days off, best receiver is out and they basically ran 3 offensive plays the whole game. He had 4-5 bad passes but the rest were just dropped. I can't lay that entire offensive performance at his feet alone.

Nah, I still like Denny. First start he gets is on a Monday after 3 days off, best receiver is out and they basically ran 3 offensive plays the whole game. He had 4-5 bad passes but the rest were just dropped. I can't lay that entire offensive performance at his feet alone.
4 or 5 bad passes on 3 offensive plays....sounds like some trickeration to me

Reactions: whitedynamite
4 or 5 bad passes on 3 offensive plays....sounds like some trickeration to me
He means Reidsville pretty much stuck to their cycle of 3 different play calls the entire game. They would run a HB dive, then run a screen, then throw a deep ball and then they would repeat the process. Reidsville ran one intermediate pass the entire game and it worked to perfection, I have no clue as to why they don't call more of those plays.

He means Reidsville pretty much stuck to their cycle of 3 different play calls the entire game. They would run a HB dive, then run a screen, then throw a deep ball and then they would repeat the process. Reidsville ran one intermediate pass the entire game and it worked to perfection, I have no clue as to why they don't call more of those plays.
I was only joking with him...I read earlier that they kept the offense simple for the game.

I was only joking with him...I read earlier that they kept the offense simple for the game.
Yeah and that was the problem, we didn't just let our guys play. Walkertown could have easily won that game if two plays would've gone differently. They lost a fumble on the goal line when they were about to score and then later they had a punt return voided by an inadvertent whistle.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
And Reidsville fumbled at the goal line but recovered for a TD. Yeah, a few plays could have changed the result.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT