ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville 24 NW guilford 14

We'll rams beat a good 4a team tonight. Guess the next five games will be a cake walk. Good job rams

Man what about that hit on NW Guilford quarterback. He never returned to the game after that. Think he is still seeing stars

Reactions: 56_4ever
Hope that kid is OK...he took a shot.....Rams D was lights out after falling behind 7-0 ...gave up a cosmetic TD late.....other than that.............wow................

Thoroughly impressed with all aspects of our play. Big shout out to the o line and defense. Chestnut played the big time d1 prospect tight

We are 2A way to go rams. This was a great game to watch. Watching the 4a crew as they got frustrated was priceless.

Reidsville, East Lincoln, Lincolnton, Clinton, and Shelby are dominating the bigger classifications. 2A is putting it to big schools.

Reactions: zukeridr
Godevilsgo.....chill out ok. Yes Reidsville won tonight. I can tell you that NWG is not in same class as Dudley/MC/Page and some of those Clt teams. NWG is a good team but not at that level. Sure every now and then, 2A school can beat 4A school but no need to puff your chest out. I remember that Thomasville beat Davie County couple times while they were in 1A ball. Thomasville Fans didn't puff their chest and crow to other fans. Win with class and lose with class is what they go by back then.

Let wait and see how NWG do in Piedmont conference. This year is going to be tough on them since they have to play EF, SWG (much improved) Glenn with that solid QB. Sometime, some teams don't fare well once one of their best player goes down. It is up to them to man up and go from there. Other teams get fired up and play better without their best player playing. It is a good win for Reidsville but let see how y'all do in state playoff.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
A few stats:
Total Yards: Reidsville 361, Northwest 186
Reidsville QB Tanner Wilson 15-22-0 for 203 yards
Good night for the receivers -- I counted only 1 drop ... Jalen Foster and Austyn Chestnut each had 5 receptions -- Chestnut made a really nice catch on that TD and ended with 76 yards while Foster had 58 yards.
Defensive leaders were Jaron Letterlough and Trell Rankin with 11 tackles each and Brandon Lee with 10 tackles, including three sacks. And Chestnut did a great job breaking up several passes intended for super-talented Tre Turner, who put together a great run for the first NW touchdown.
Also, big props to the fill-in sophomore kickers -- Cole Bennett made all three of his PAT attempts and Zach Baber booted a key 28-yard FG.

Godevilsgo.....chill out ok. Yes Reidsville won tonight. I can tell you that NWG is not in same class as Dudley/MC/Page and some of those Clt teams. NWG is a good team but not at that level. Sure every now and then, 2A school can beat 4A school but no need to puff your chest out. I remember that Thomasville beat Davie County couple times while they were in 1A ball. Thomasville Fans didn't puff their chest and crow to other fans. Win with class and lose with class is what they go by back then.

Let wait and see how NWG do in Piedmont conference. This year is going to be tough on them since they have to play EF, SWG (much improved) Glenn with that solid QB. Sometime, some teams don't fare well once one of their best player goes down. It is up to them to man up and go from there. Other teams get fired up and play better without their best player playing. It is a good win for Reidsville but let see how y'all do in state playoff.

Reidsville always does well in the playoffs, besides a off year every now and then. Not saying we will win states because it is a lot of good teams, but I don't think it is a question if we will do well in the playoffs.

Northwest, with Hennigan, is a much better team. Vikings losing their quarterback on that bell-ringer by Letterlough was also huge.

Also hope Nwg Qb is ok. Still a solid win for the rams, even if Hennigan and their Qb got knocked out of the game.

Also hope Nwg Qb is ok. Still a solid win for the rams, even if Hennigan and their Qb got knocked out of the game.
That's for sure ... first win against a team with a winning record. I did see where Andrews won again tonight.

I believe Reidville defensive front was a lot faster than NW Thought. Even if Hennigans played he don't play on the offensive line.

Congratulations to the Reidsville coaching staff, players, parents, fans, and also to all the hard working volunteers at Billings Stadium. Reidsville is a helluva lot better than I had anticipated. The quarterback, number eighteen , is the real deal, and so is the Ram defense. The little running back for Reidsville ( can't remember his number or name ) scooted around like a waterbug in a barrel full of rubbing alcohol, and on one occasion at midfield, he must have busted ten tackles. Reidsville's quarterback was getting plenty of time to set up and throw, and his throwing technique is the best I've witnessed in awhile. After Northwest's first touchdown , Reidsville's defense basically stuffed Northwest. Playoff atmosphere at Billings Stadium on the campus of Northwest Guilford , with standing room only and lots of noise. Again, hats off to Reidsville, and I hope y'all win the whole shootin' match..

NW couldn't match our speed. If Hennigan had played, it would still have been a Ram win!

Major props to the Rams on the big time win tonight! First off I'm not this die hard NW fan that needs to eat humble pie guys (or maybe I do lol). I go to NW games because I live close to the school and I've always followed the program. I do pull for the home team but I cheer for all the home teams. NW, East Forsyth, Northern Guilford, etc. but I don't feel as though as I was saying anything out of line toward you guys this week. With that said I want to talk about NW first....

Ok, to the game...Here's a few things I want to go over. First off when I say that NW shouldn't lose to Reidsville I wasn't taking a shot at Reidsville because they're bad but its the truth. There is ZERO reason a school with over 2000 students and with 3 big time power 5 players (some with SEC offers) on their roster to lose to a school of less than 900 or whatever it is. Now I know the best Viking wasnt playing (Hennigan) but still this isn't basketball. If that team is so depended on 1 player with that much talent the coaches have done a bad job of developing their other guys. You have 2 other big time players and a couple others that should get some balls and your answer is Option dive over and over and over and over again? The Rams outplayed, out hit, out ran, out worked, out tackled, and flat out coached the Vikings! Heck even the water boys did a better job. Every aspect of the game was dominated by Reidsville and folks the score was that close. It was obvious that when Leonard went down the NW coaching staff was not ready at all for that adversity just like they weren't ready for that adversity when Hennigan went down against SE Guilford. It looked like the backup hadn't taken 1 rep this week in practice. When your QB goes down and your adjustment is run the ball up the middle 30 more times that's bad unprepared coaching. There has never been this much talent on a NW team in the history of the school and it's like this coaching staff doesn't know what to do with them. My question is why on earth would Rolfes switch his offense from the Spread to the Option on a year when he has 3 of the best WR's in the state?

Also, You saw how good Tre Turner looked with the ball in his hands people you have to admit that. He took that crossing route and looked like he was on a different level than all the Reidsville Rams. Then whats the NW coaches answer?....Let try to throw 4 horrible jump balls to him. That's what we call Really bad coaching people! How about jump in that spread and run some crossing routes or something?

Also, Coach Pat Neal's defense has a ton of holes in it. They were exposed again tonight. They were also exposed in the Northern game by a really bad Northern team but it looks like nothing has changed from that game. Reidsville ran it when and where ever they wanted. NW wanted no part of tackling anyone from the Rams roster. I had high hopes for this team but they really look lost without #7 on the field.

Last edited:
Now for the Rams...

First off the QB is one of the best in the area. I know you Rams love him but if he was on a team like East Forsyth or West Forsyth with all those big tall receivers and huge Linemen it would be scary to see what he could do with the ball in his hands. He was literally throwing the ball 50 yards off his back foot. Next #34 runs the ball very hard between the tackles. When he gets the ball his legs don't stop until he hits the ground and then sometimes he was still pushing from there. The O-line and D-line both fire off low and strong. They play fast and embrace contact which is very old school and you don't see that very often. I couldn't tell though if they were that good or the fact that NW was so bad on the defensive side of the ball. I know NW thinks #25 Tyler needs to be a RB with all the injuries but if they're only using him to run dives they should put him on defense full time because the other LBs stood no chance at stopping #34. #1 in my opinion was the mvp of the defense. He was on a 6'4 D-1 receiver and basically shut him down in what looked to be man coverage all night. Big props to that young man because he dominated Turner. Turner couldn't get open all night on him and was frustrated by it. Rolfes finally saw that Turner was being locked down and went to #5 Selby in the 4th but by then it was all over. I would've like to have seen what would have happened if they went down field to Selby on the edge and Cloud in the slot more. I really think that NW has to find a way to get cloud more involved with Hennigan out. Just giving him the ball on sweeps is not going to get it done against their conference rivals. Here's another problem with playing such a weak non-conference schedule. You're not accustom to the speed and physical nature of teams like HPC and East who have played brutal Non-Conf schedules.

With that said I really enjoyed the game even though NW didn't win. The Rams fans brought a great crowd and great energy to Billings stadium. It was a great night for HS Football. Good luck Rams and make sure you guys go all the way and bring back another ring to title town!

-Warhead1

Last edited:
Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Great game from Reidsville (minus the two fumbles). Awesome performances from Tanner Wilson, Jaron Letterlough, the other running back (#23), and the Ram front seven. Ram DB #1 did a great job covering Tre Turner.

When Leonard got knocked out of the game, Northwest just wasn't the same. I hope he's going to be OK.

Despite their loss, I was impressed with Viking running back Zach Tyler. He might be the strongest runner I've seen all year.

Also..... a little off-topic......but the NW band gave a really cool (if not a little morbid) performance at halftime. First halftime in a while that my eyes were glued to the field. If there were such a thing as "band rankings", I think I'd have to vault them to #1 for this week.

Great game from Reidsville (minus the two fumbles). Awesome performances from Tanner Wilson, Jaron Letterlough, the other running back (#23), and the Ram front seven. Ram DB #1 did a great job covering Tre Turner.

When Leonard got knocked out of the game, Northwest just wasn't the same. I hope he's going to be OK.

Despite their loss, I was impressed with Viking running back Zach Tyler. He might be the strongest runner I've seen all year.

Also..... a little off-topic......but the NW band gave a really cool (if not a little morbid) performance at halftime. First halftime in a while that my eyes were glued to the field. If there were such a thing as "band rankings", I think I'd have to vault them to #1 for this week.
The NW Guilford band is the best damn band in the land (of nc at least)! They win championships....or however you rank band championships every year. They also sound like a college band...Its a shame they don't get more into the game and play like college bands play cause if they tried I bet they would be awesome at it. That Halftime show was a little creepy....but they really did put some time and effort into it.

As for Tyler he is a really hard runner but the NW coaches have to have more answers than Tyler right Tyler left. Every time he touched the ball Reidsville had 7 guys on him. If they would have lined up in the spread and started challenging those LBs with some playaction combination routes they could of had more success....but who knows. Monday morning QB's have all the answers right. Good luck Vikings! I just hope the coaches figure out how to score against good teams with out #7. Plus if Leonard is out for a couple weeks too the Vikings could be in some big time trouble.

Last edited:
The NW Guilford band is the best damn band in the land! They win championships....or however you rank band championships every year. They also sound like a college band...Its a shame they don't get more into the game and play like college bands play cause if they tried I bet they would be awesome at it. That Halftime show was a little creepy....but they really did put some time and effort into it.

I believe it. That performance was crazy. I was expecting King Diamond to pop out of one of the tombstones and start singing.

Rams seem to always play better in the 2nd half. The Andrews and Northern games were both also really close in the 1st half. Hope both teams are healthy for next years game, rams should still be pretty good and I know Nwg will bring back cloud and Turner. Warhead you are right if #18 is on Ef then Ef is a different team, they have Qb issues, but still a good team. Wish Nwg Qb wouldn't have gotten hurt though wanted to see you guys at your best as possible, but that's football

I enjoyed the game also, probably the rams last test until the playoffs . Barlett Yancey seems like they are decent, but still won't challenge the rams

Normally not watching halftime performances unless it's Dudley performing, I was left without words after the Northwest performance. Whatever they were doing it was excellent, I just don't understand what they were doing. The ladies dancin' around in their white apparel, face painted up similar to Gene Simmons and that bunch, swangin' them flags all around, even rollin' around on the ground once in awhile toward the large, gray tombstones, even squirmin' around like ground snakes on occasion . After standin' at the fence watching this performance, I mumbled something similar to this statement, " That action was way over my head. "
P.S. What was up with the scoreboard malfunction in the first half ?

The NW Guilford band is the best damn band in the land (of nc at least)! They win championships....or however you rank band championships every year. They also sound like a college band...Its a shame they don't get more into the game and play like college bands play cause if they tried I bet they would be awesome at it. That Halftime show was a little creepy....but they really did put some time and effort into it.

As for Tyler he is a really hard runner but the NW coaches have to have more answers than Tyler right Tyler left. Every time he touched the ball Reidsville had 7 guys on him. If they would have lined up in the spread and started challenging those LBs with some playaction combination routes they could of had more success....but who knows. Monday morning QB's have all the answers right. Good luck Vikings! I just hope the coaches figure out how to score against good teams with out #7. Plus if Leonard is out for a couple weeks too the Vikings could be in some big time trouble.
Warhead, I respect you. I know you or most if not all of the NW fans never thought you would run into the Buzzsaw you saw tonight. If I were on your side, I would expect the same results. Reidsville Football is a different animal. They never fear anyone and respect all. This team is very special. They are very talented on both sides of the ball. You are correct, if Tanner was at Page, East Forsyth, NW, Northern or any other school, they would be landing the private plane to recruit him. Chestnut, #1, is special. He played your best receiver like a lock down corner. We are super physical. I am super proud of our players. I honestly thought the game would be a 7 point game either way. Without the fumbles in the first half, this game could have been 24-0 very easily. Good luck to NW for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Warhead1
Normally not watching halftime performances unless it's Dudley performing, I was left without words after the Northwest performance. Whatever they were doing it was excellent, I just don't understand what they were doing. The ladies dancin' around in their white apparel, face painted up similar to Gene Simmons and that bunch, swangin' them flags all around, even rollin' around on the ground once in awhile toward the large, gray tombstones, even squirmin' around like ground snakes on occasion . After standin' at the fence watching this performance, I mumbled something similar to this statement, " That action was way over my head. "
P.S. What was up with the scoreboard malfunction in the first half ?

Yeah, normally I could care less about bands but I do want to know what their "theme" was. Maybe they're really excited for Halloween? I don't know....

I didn't even notice the scoreboard malfunction. What was it? I was more annoyed with the cheesy "Honda" jingle being played during time-outs.

Reactions: Warhead1
Injuries are part of the game you are right. Tonight shows how NW was not prepared and that's on the coaches. When Hennigan went down they were not prepared. When Leonard went down they were not prepared. Now I know when you're on your 2nd or 3rd QB the play book shrinks....but when Turner jumped in and took snaps he looked lost. You have to have a package in place if your starter goes down and the Vikings clearly didn't practice that this week. If anything you run some sort of spread Wildcat with maybe #2 or a RB. There is no way you take a player like Turner put him under center then say run the triple option young man. There is no way a kid can do that....The Option is tough enough for a kid to run who practices it every week much less takes 10 reps maybe this week leading up to the game then you expect him to execute the offense.

I know I've been hard on the offense and rightfully so. There is no way the offense should be that bad but I'm more upset that the coaches take the best defensive player and move him to FB while teams are running the ball right down your throat. I know everyone loves to see Tylers power runs up the middle but we could easily let Finnie do that job and let Tyler play LB. Right now the Vikings have a lot of problems to fix

I was more annoyed with the cheesy "Honda" jingle being played during time-outs.

Yeah what the heck was up with that? How about play something to pump up the crowd or have the band play for once....Listening to Honda commercials during timeouts was about the most annoying thing I've ever heard at a High School game.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Yeah what the heck was up with that? How about play something to pump up the crowd or have the band play for once....Listening to Honda commercials during timeouts was about the most annoying thing I've ever heard at a High School game.

My best guess was that it was a deal to promote the local Honda dealership as well as the halftime contest. Speaking of the halftime contest, that kid nailed that 40-yarder like a boss. I was expecting one of the Viking coaches to run out there and give him a uniform after seeing that.

Bartlett Yancey was only other Mid-State 2-A Conference team to play this week. Bucs cruised past winless Southern Vance 36-12 for their fourth straight win.
Bartlett Yancey will probably come to Reidsville on Oct. 28 on a seven-game winning streak and with 7-2 and 3-0 records.

Last edited:
#1 is Austin Chestnut db/wr/pr for the Rams...senior.. his uncle left the Rams and started for App state, his cousin left the Rams and started for Duke...Austin was the USA Today player of the week with 3 punt returns in a game tying a state record week two of this season... he should be getting major D1 looks ...pass the word around about this kid..oh yeah and academics are on point!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT