ADVERTISEMENT

Red Springs @ South Columbus

GuardTrapStallion

Sep 1, 2017
Red Springs (1-1) will travel on over to Vinegar Hill this Friday night to take on our Stallions (1-1).
Looking at Red Spring’s last two games, they’ve put forward quite a bit of points. Can our defense stop the offensive attack? It’s a short week for the Stallions after Monday night’s loss to the Loris Lions, are we healthy? Do we have time to become crisp before the Red Devils come to Civitan Stadium?

I’m taking an offensive shootout in this game, Stallion 38-32.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
Students from CCCA will provide live coverage of the Red Springs/South Columbus Football game starting at 7:25PM with commentary by Kevin Toman and Brett Burroughs.

Ways to Watch/listen

1) HighSchoolOT.com
2) South Columbus High Facebook page
3) Columbus County Schools Periscope/Twitter
4) Columbus County Schools Roku App
5) Columbus County Schools Youtube (highest quality 1080p60) https://www.youtube.com/user/columbuscountyschool/live
6) Listen on WZCO 89.9 and wzco.org
7) NFHS Network

30 minutes to kick off. Field is a bit wet from an earlier rain shower. Crowds are trickling in, it’s time for some Friday night football!

Red Springs first win in Tabor since 1975!!! Been way too long. First time Ive seen the Devils but they are big everywhere compared to SC, they just ran it all over the Stallions.

Not sure anyone did. RS won easily the first week, then lost to Forest Hills I believe, a team that Fairmont beat easily the week before. Whiteville and St Pauls seem to be the teams to beat right now.

First time I've seen either team so I really cannot say for sure, but RS had a big size advantage on the lines and the backs. They literally lined up 3 backs and gave it to one of the three each play. Many times the back had one or two lead blockers going thru the hole in addition to the line. I bet they averaged 8-9 yards a carry. SC just had no answer.

Strick,they run a mule train offense. Good atheletes and big. They ran all over SC. They will have to be delt with this year for sure. Never seen SC run on that way.

Wow, had not heard that, I do not see how they would distribute all those kids. Swett and St. Pauls???? If so those teams will get a lot better.

Purnell Swett High School, 4a school just outside of Pembroke. St. Pauls 2a, other closest school but really neither school is large enough to handle that many kids coming. Lots of rumors go around on things like this and I'm leaning that way with this.

I have heard they are going to build a school to. replace Red Springs. It is old school. Fairmont is right there to ,to send students to. We all could use new schools here,but no money.

Reactions: heelzfor2
First time I've seen either team so I really cannot say for sure, but RS had a big size advantage on the lines and the backs. They literally lined up 3 backs and gave it to one of the three each play. Many times the back had one or two lead blockers going thru the hole in addition to the line. I bet they averaged 8-9 yards a carry. SC just had no answer.
That's mule train 2 lead blockers for back. A gap B gap have 1 back through blocking most times. Big kids too. Jack Gaster ran that at W. C. For years.

Well, after watching RS warm up before the game, I knew we were in trouble. Simply put, we were grossly outsized at every position. I mean we looked like a pee wee football team compared to them. RS’s FB was a MAN. We couldn’t stop him. Oh well, when life gives you lemons...

Onward to the next one!

Test,RS full back,and tackles we're men. SC will be ok though,there young and getting game experience. Coach Dove will get 100 percent out of them. But,RS will have to be delt with this year I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT