ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Red Springs WK8

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Here we are in October man seems like this season is just flying by. Clinton 6-1(3-0) travels to winless Red Springs 0-6(0-2). Clinton coming off a homecoming win last Thursday over Fairmont 65-6 Red Springs coming in on 6 game losing streak 12 dating back to last season it’s been a rough patch for the Red Devils as they fell to Midway last week 59-14. Red Springs does have a new head coach one we are familiar with in Tim Ray who came back to his alma mater from previous stint at Goldsboro. Red Springs was a solid playoff team a couple years ago hopefully soon they will get back to that but as of right now in the midst of full rebuild. Interesting note last time Clinton traveled to Red Springs way back in 2004 which resulted in a 16-14 loss for Clinton this was Clinton’s only conference loss during time in old Tri-Six Conference.

Once again not much to speak on about this game should follow similar game script as last week, believe once again we are preparing to play a lot of JV kids.For Clinton just continue to do what you been doing playing with intensity and focus not playing down to your opponent. Handle business early execute get some young guys playing time and get out injury free hopefully. We all know this conference has been horrible but I’m happy to see Clinton approach each opponent and play on fire like it’s going against a top tier opponent easy for a team to be complacent given the way this conference has been this season. Next week will be a huge game tho and as a fan definitely looking forward to it. But as for this match this week look for that running clock and JV players all 2nd half. Clinton 56 Red Springs 7

Other SAC Conf games this week

Monday-East Bladen 42 West Bladen 0 F(Make up game from last week)

Midway @ St Pauls
West Bladen vs Fairmont
East Bladen open

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
It's sad that East Bladen is not what they use to be they would make that conference better. Maybe they will pick it back up
I agree EB for the longest seemed to be one of the more consistent teams in the area. Now every year wouldn’t be state championship caliber but they would be near the top in whatever conference they were in and atleast in the 3rd round of the playoffs no idea this down period would last so long for them

I posted earlier no JV game this week since Red Springs has no JV team but disregard looks like JV will play Whiteville tomorrow evening at home

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Here we are in October man seems like this season is just flying by. Clinton 6-1(3-0) travels to winless Red Springs 0-6(0-2). Clinton coming off a homecoming win last Thursday over Fairmont 65-6 Red Springs coming in on 6 game losing streak 12 dating back to last season it’s been a rough patch for the Red Devils as they fell to Midway last week 59-14. Red Springs does have a new head coach one we are familiar with in Tim Ray who came back to his alma mater from previous stint at Goldsboro. Red Springs was a solid playoff team a couple years ago hopefully soon they will get back to that but as of right now in the midst of full rebuild. Interesting note last time Clinton traveled to Red Springs way back in 2004 which resulted in a 16-14 loss for Clinton this was Clinton’s only conference loss during time in old Tri-Six Conference.

Once again not much to speak on about this game should follow similar game script as last week, believe once again we are preparing to play a lot of JV kids.For Clinton just continue to do what you been doing playing with intensity and focus not playing down to your opponent. Handle business early execute get some young guys playing time and get out injury free hopefully. We all know this conference has been horrible but I’m happy to see Clinton approach each opponent and play on fire like it’s going against a top tier opponent easy for a team to be complacent given the way this conference has been this season. Next week will be a huge game tho and as a fan definitely looking forward to it. But as for this match this week look for that running clock and JV players all 2nd half. Clinton 56 Red Springs 7

Other SAC Conf games this week

Monday-East Bladen 42 West Bladen 0 F(Make up game from last week)

Midway @ St Pauls
West Bladen vs Fairmont
East Bladen open
Damn Clinton y'all have a cupcake schedule besides playing Wallace

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Well Captain Obvious can’t wave a magic wand and hope our fellow conference teams get they stuff together. You play who’s on your schedule 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes the Red Devils have certainly struggled. We need to get back to the Clyde Parrish years of RS football. With no JV team at the moment, its hard to see much improvement at the varsity level.
Clyde Parrish, now there's a throwback. He turned Red Springs into a powerhouse. Also coached his alma mater Laurinburg(Scotland) High for a few seasons: moderate success, but was in the shadow of Bill Eustler and his Rockingham Rockets down the road.

I was hoping teams like East Bladen and Fairmont would turn the corner but just not the case we work with what we got and sorry to hurt feelings but it’s a two team race in this conference that was the case last season that’s the reality this year. No winning a conference championship isn’t the only thing that matters but it helps playoff wise as far as seeding I rather have a couple home games oppose to traveling the whole time. Not sure what was said to make you feel like I think Clinton is tops in the East but as far as this conference goes it’s St Pauls and Clinton just facts.

Last edited:
Forest Hills played Red Springs in week #2 and beat them 54-7 with a running clock in the second half. Red Springs seemed to have some talent but I believe they have a new coach who's trying to turn them around from what I remember reading about them. Clinton should roll in this one.

The Dark Horses will, like they always do, demonstrate their superior performance this year. As the playoffs are about to start in November, the Horses continue to increase their pressure on the field. Each squad that Clinton faces appears to be outmatched on both sides of the ball. Embrace the remainder of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79
You evidently know nothing about St Paul, state 2AA finalist in 2020; lost in 4th round last year to Princeton; has one of the finest running backs in the state; Princeton almost beat beaten Wallace last year in eastern final’s state Paul’s gave Princeton just about all they could handle. This is 2022

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Clyde Parrish, now there's a throwback. He turned Red Springs into a powerhouse. Also coached his alma mater Laurinburg(Scotland) High for a few seasons: moderate success, but was in the shadow of Bill Eustler and his Rockingham Rockets down the road.
Yea I miss Coach Parrish. Coach Ray’s dad and I played together for Coach with our last year being the 1987 season. Red Springs has some talent and, from what I understand, start quite a few freshman and sophomores. We are all pulling for Coach Ray and want the Red Devils to get back to being competitive because these losses hurt week in and week out. Clinton will roll Friday but I just want the boys to compete for four quarters. Here’s to an injury free game on Friday

Scoring update Josiah McLaurin scores on 50 yard run for Clinton. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 6 Red Springs 0 in 1st Q

TD pass for Red Springs 30 yards to Cornelius Manning. 2 point conv good. Clinton 13 Red Springs 8 seconds left in 1st Q

After questionable decision to go for it inside their own 20 on 4th and 12 by Red Springs Clinton capitalizes with one play TD run by Josiah Robinson. PAT good. Clinton 26 Red Springs 8 in 2nd Q

Josiah McLaurin 70 yard punt return for TD his 5th of the year. 2 away from tying a state record 1 away from matching school record of 6 by Fuzzy Lee. PAT good. Clinton 47 Red Springs 8

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT