ADVERTISEMENT

RD 3 Clinton vs SE Alamance

This is correct. Even though Clinton won Friday night against Beddingfield. We also took a big loss. It is broken and he is done for the season. He will definitely be missed but Clinton will be fine.
I do hate it for him. That kid is a special talent. Back when everyone was taking about the fastest back I was thinking what about 2 for Clinton but I never said anything.

Reactions: dogs79
I do hate it for him. That kid is a special talent. Back when everyone was taking about the fastest back I was thinking what about 2 for Clinton but I never said anything.
Yeah I hated to hear your running backs got hurt too. It’s the part of the game we all hate. We know the risk though. It’s next man up like was said before. He will definitely be missed and no one can replace him but I feel Clinton has enough talent to pull together to keep things going. As long as our defense keeps making stops our offense will find a way to score. I know I am kind of showing favoritism since my son is one of the offensive lineman but we do have one of the best offensive lines in 2A football. So as long as our backs hold on to the ball the holes will be there to run in. I do think also ED would have beat Whiteville had you guys been healthy and at full strength.

He will be hard to replace but I'm sure Clinton has more depth than ED had. So should be fine. Probably don't need many more though to get where you want to be. As far as ED I'm really very satisfied with our season.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
Yeah , let’s not get it twisted. Clinton is STILL the favorite in the East, but they just lost one of the best offensive players in Darkhorse history, and that’s not hyperbole. His skill set is not replaceable. I still like Clinton to reach Chapel Hill pretty easily. They have depth.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yeah , let’s not get it twisted. Clinton is STILL the favorite in the East, but they just lost one of the best offensive players in Darkhorse history, and that’s not hyperbole. His skill set is not replaceable. I still like Clinton to reach Chapel Hill pretty easily. They have depth.
Like you said not one single person replaces Josiah it’s going to take a collective effort and we have the depth. Not sure why it bothers so many people that Clinton is favored but this is a special team. They will adapt and overcome

Reactions: sam
Clinton can go to spread offense.There QB would have over 1200 yards in 4 playoff games.Still the favorite with 8 players on defense an offense.

Like you said not one single person replaces Josiah it’s going to take a collective effort and we have the depth. Not sure why it bothers so many people that Clinton is favored but this is a special team. They will adapt and overcome
Not bothered. It's just the "no one else should even be playing" talk they we had to endure early on, and the anger and insults from a few posters when someone dare speaks otherwise. But I was seriously asking if this injury to their top player levels the playing field any. But it seems like even without their best player, they are still far and above better than anyone else. That's crazy. Impressive.

Reactions: sam
Not bothered. It's just the "no one else should even be playing" talk they we had to endure early on, and the anger and insults from a few posters when someone dare speaks otherwise. But I was seriously asking if this injury to their top player levels the playing field any. But it seems like even without their best player, they are still far and above better than anyone else. That's crazy. Impressive.
The “no one else should be playing” stuff was from other fan bases, not Clinton . Projecting their insecurities.

Last edited:
Heard it before.

Reactions: daagoob
Sorry to hear about #2 as he is a special talent and I hate it for the young man. No matter the depth you don't replace him. Also, no matter the lies and false propaganda, this has to worry the faithful a bit more than they are letting on. Two key questions the Clinton players/coaches will now have to answer are how do you handle the loss of such a key piece mentality? Once you get by that then can you win a close game as you will have at least one at some point. Clinton has had zero close games all year and while dominate and impressive that is a weakness in my eyes as it will be an unfamiliar game script if/when it happens.

Reactions: sam and daagoob
That’s fair except for the lies and propaganda stuff. I think the Clinton posters have said he’s irreplaceable, but the depth is there to win a championship, with no guarantees. Clinton is undoubtedly more vulnerable than they were a week ago. That’s factual. No one disagrees.

Sorry to hear about #2 as he is a special talent and I hate it for the young man. No matter the depth you don't replace him. Also, no matter the lies and false propaganda, this has to worry the faithful a bit more than they are letting on. Two key questions the Clinton players/coaches will now have to answer are how do you handle the loss of such a key piece mentality? Once you get by that then can you win a close game as you will have at least one at some point. Clinton has had zero close games all year and while dominate and impressive that is a weakness in my eyes as it will be an unfamiliar game script if/when it happens.
To answer your questions, 1) Keep on pushing. While he won't physically be on the field, he WILL be on the sideline and in the locker room, so his leadership will still be present, and 2) If/when they have a close game, they will adapt and overcome that, It may be a weakness in your eyes, but not in theirs.

I gotta laugh at the depth doesn’t matter thing actually he is right depth doesn’t matter quality depth does which we have…..how many teams can go to really their 3rd option at RB and get 11 carries 133 yards 4 TDs. Go to another WR/ATH and get 136 yards and a TD. #2 can’t be replaced but to act like we don’t have options to help try and fill the void lol. And I don’t agree with everything Wiz says but he is right about that defense. The way we play defense helps out the offense tremendously cause majority of the time we are getting short fields,forcing turnovers and allowing few points. Even without #2 our offense is more then capable of putting up 21-35 points a game which with our defense is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: PackHorses
I gotta laugh at the depth doesn’t matter thing actually he is right depth doesn’t matter quality depth does which we have…..how many teams can go to really their 3rd option at RB and get 11 carries 133 yards 4 TDs. Go to another WR/ATH and get 136 yards and a TD. #2 can’t be replaced but to act like we don’t have options to help try and fill the void lol. And I don’t agree with everything Wiz says but he is right about that defense. The way we play defense helps out the offense tremendously cause majority of the time we are getting short fields,forcing turnovers and allowing few points. Even without #2 our offense is more then capable of putting up 21-35 points a game which with our defense is enough.
Agreeing with Wiz, whoa. In all seriousness I agree too. Defense is special. Everyone will know after they get HC and hold them under 21pts that they are legit. Just my guess though, one game at a time.

The Wallace game went from 20-0 to 20-16 in what seemed like the blink of an eye. It was only one moment, but they responded well.

It’s like the movie moneyball, you can’t replace Johnny Damon, but you can manufacture his output.

The Wallace game went from 20-0 to 20-16 in what seemed like the blink of an eye. It was only one moment, but they responded well.

It’s like the movie moneyball, you can’t replace Johnny Damon, but you can manufacture his output.
Shhhhhhh man you can’t be poking holes in our critics narratives……it’s all they got this season

? Is this the 1st year they have played Varsity Football…Also what schools did they pull from in Alamance County…

? Is this the 1st year they have played Varsity Football…Also what schools did they pull from in Alamance County…
Yes, Southeast Alamance is a first-year school, pulled students from Eastern Alamance and Southern Alamance. So now all schools with the exception of Cummings, Graham and Southeast are 3A. But, Southeast will be 3A or higher with the next realignment.

Im hearing the referees from the Whiteville v Clinton game will be calling the Clinton v SE Alamance game:)
That should be fun. Hope they didn't charge much for their services. I think we all can agree there were terrible calls on both teams that night. Majority being on Clinton but did seem they tried to even the calls out some.

Last edited:
What do you mean Goob? Any time I get to see my son and his team play is a good game to me.
Lol, I was talking about it being a good game. I know it’s always fun seeing your kid play. I’m just not thinking it’ll be a good game for people who don’t have any connections to the two schools

Lol, I was talking about it being a good game. I know it’s always fun seeing your kid play. I’m just not thinking it’ll be a good game for people who don’t have any connections to the two schools
Well I would like to think anyone who actually loves the game of football can go to any game and pick a side and enjoy the game. I myself am trying to enjoy everyone of these cause it being his Senior year I don't know when it will be his last. So far have done some college visits but no offers yet. So good chance after this year I don't get to see him play anymore. Hard to believe it's coming to a end. Has gone by too fast. I haven't missed a single game he has played since he was 6 years old. That's a lot of football and seems like a long time but now feels like it went by in the blink of a eye.

Well I would like to think anyone who actually loves the game of football can go to any game and pick a side and enjoy the game. I myself am trying to enjoy everyone of these cause it being his Senior year I don't know when it will be his last. So far have done some college visits but no offers yet. So good chance after this year I don't get to see him play anymore. Hard to believe it's coming to a end. Has gone by too fast. I haven't missed a single game he has played since he was 6 years old. That's a lot of football and seems like a long time but now feels like it went by in the blink of a eye.
Yeah I can understand and hopefully his season won’t end for a couple more weeks. I think Kenny Chesney had a song that relates to your post called Dont Blink.

• Love
Reactions: FootballDad2023
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT