ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Fairmont Wk7(Thursday)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Conference play continues as we have moved past the halfway point in the season a little curve ball this week as Hurricane Ian approaches many games being moved up to earlier in the week this one included. Homecoming at Darkhorse stadium as we welcome Fairmont Golden Tornadoes to town. Clinton 5-1(2-0) is coming off a solid performance down In Elizabethtown last week coming home with a 55-7 win over East Bladen. Fairmont 1-5(0-2) on the other hand in the midst of a 5 game losing streak was beaten soundly by Midway 26-0. Two teams headed two completely different directions at this point in the season like last two weeks I don’t expect much resistance Clinton should cruise easy but important for us to not play down to the competition and execute like we need to do.

For Fairmont the guy to watch will be junior WR #82 Travelius Leach. The junior was pointed out as being a bright spot in a other wise rough season for the Golden Tornadoes, per article by Chris Stiles of the Robesonian Leach is the leading WR with 20 catches for 192 yards and 2 scores also main special teams returner for them. Per the article Fairmont Coach Lonnie Cox described him “smart” player great field vision and always a threat for YAC-yards after catch. So that will be someone the Clinton defense may want to be aware of where he is on the field. He also mentioned junior QB Gabriel Washington and Junior Tyreek Thompson as players to watch.

For Clinton it’s homecoming so lots of distractions and also having to fight off complacency of playing another lackluster opponent one thing I can say I see is we are being extremely competitive not just going thru the motions so that’s a plus, I understand these last few games haven’t been much but you got a big one coming up in a couple weeks so I like that we are focused and continuing to try and perform/get better regardless of the level of competition. I would also expect to see quite a few JV players dressed out since no JV game this week got to see freshman like Jayden Williams and Aaron Cooper take their first varsity snaps late in the East Bladen game I would expect something similar to happen Thursday evening and next week also.

Once again not expecting much discussion on this one should be Clinton by whatever we want. Not 100% sure I’ll be able to post updates as we got a Hurricane bout to make landfall down here in the next 24 hopefully won’t be to rough and I’ll have some type of cell service Thursday night if not I’m sure someone will update in my absence and you can always listen to play by play with DH04 in mixlr app or NFHS network. Go Horses!!!!

Other games in SAC-7 conference play

Midway vs Red Springs- Midway by 28+

West Bladen vs East Bladen- East Bladen by 14

St Pauls-open(wouldn’t be surprised if some of their staff is in attendance Thursday evening at our game)

Other games in SAC-7 conference play

Midway vs Red Springs- Midway by 28+

West Bladen vs East Bladen- East Bladen by 14

St Pauls-open(wouldn’t be surprised if some of their staff is in attendance Thursday evening at our game)
East Bladen vs West Bladen moved to Monday Oct 3rd 6pm

Score update Clinton’s Josiah McLaurin runs it in from 5 yards out. 2 point conv is good on McLaurin run. Clinton 8 Fairmont 0. 8:26 in 1st Q

Score update different Josiah but same result this time Josiah Robinson does the honor on a one yard TD run after a beautiful pass and catch from Nydarion Blackwell to Josiah McLaurin to set up the score. PAT is good. Clinton 15 Fairmont 0. 6:10 in 1st Quarter

Score update Nydarion Blackwell connects with Josiah Robinson 20 yard TD pass. PAT good. Clinton 29 Fairmont 0. 2:41 in 1st Q

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Josiah McLaurin in the endzone again this time in a 50 yard punt return for score his 4th of the year 2 shy of matching Clinton great Robert “Fuzzy” Lee who had 6 in 1990. PAT is no good. Clinton 48 Fairmont 0. 7:10 left in 2nd Q

Halftime Clinton 51 Fairmont 0. Game going bout like we expected my guess starters are done for the night should see some JV guys get a lot of time in the 2nd half. Worth noting Fairmont didn’t have a single first down in the first half. Amaris Williams added to his sack total up to 12 now I believe.

Clinton opens 2nd half with a 80 yard by KO return for TD by Jeffrey Arnette PAT good. Clinton 58 Fairmont 0. 10:14 in 3rd Q

Clinton defense adds to the scoring Javon Donatien intercepts the pass and returns it down the left side for a pick 6. PAT good. Clinton 65 Fairmont 0 start of the 4th

Fairmont gets on the board with a long TD run. Couldn’t tell the number. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 65 Fairmont 6. 8:01 left in 4th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT