ADVERTISEMENT

Post Week 4 Scores Here!!

Apparently Andrews was down 8 in closing moments, scored on 4th down to give them a chance to tie with a 2 point conversion, but then got backed up 15 yards for celebrating the TD and couldn't convert from that far out. Tough way to lose.

That’s terrible! It’s Football let the boys celebrate. Instead Refs decided the game.

We got beat down. I must say those refs most never seen SMC football. I watched it over and over to try and find these late hits and couldnt. We will be ok.

Same tonight vs Franklin. Swain called for probably 12 penalty’s too franklins two. Majority on the franklin sideline. Hummmm

We got beat down. I must say those refs most never seen SMC football. I watched it over and over to try and find these late hits and couldnt. We will be ok.

Watching now on my40 and I see several penalties that are never called in SMC play. Let them play it’s football. Not flag football.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
TJ over Trinity Academy 54-14

Honest question. How much did Mitchell's starters/ backups play in their 44-25 win over Trinity last Friday?

Proud of the young Wildcats. Again, they only have 3 seniors. They keep improving every week and that’s all you can ask for. Actually we should have won by two tds but some poor arm tackles on two occasions led to scores. With just 1 minute and 41 seconds left they drove down the field and scored and was called for a excessive celebration which I did not see anything close to any type of celebration. This backed us up from the 3 to the 18 going for a 2 point conversion. This call was a joke and we lost a nail biter
21 to 19. So proud of this young team

After the game tonight at Christ School Prison ,many Robbinsville fans arrived at their vehicles to find their windows busted out with all their possessions stolen.

Honest question. How much did Mitchell's starters/ backups play in their 44-25 win over Trinity last Friday?

Some, but they also didn't use their starters as normal. Very, very vanilla game plan. The Trinity starting qb, also seperated his shoulder in the 4th quarter. He mde a huge difference in them. NO EXCUESES for Mitchell they were very sloppy as well.

Reactions: dmcamp
Bk in the highlights I didn’t see y’all hottting anyone lol . Look like a track meet

We played our starters for almost the whole game. One thing to remember about trinity is, they have no rules under the TNHSAA. They had some players that had already graduated playing in the first game, and the rest of the players come and go as they please. You don't know which team is going to show up. Mitchell played very very sloppy. The worst game I have seen them play in 5 years...

Christ School should have to change their name. From now on im calling them Drunk Thieves High School.
Cant wait until next year at Big Oaks
Paybacks a bitch.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Swain is improving but they got a long way to go if they want to compete for a conference title. A close loss to a Franklin team Murphy easily handled is not what I would call a wake up call to the rest of the SMC.

Just saying that reports of Swain's death on the field are premature, and that it's looking like yet another top-3 finish in the conference is well within reach. No guarantees, and they're still young, but they aren't rolling over and playing dead for anybody.

Reactions: Swaindad40
Just saying that reports of Swain's death on the field are premature, and that it's looking like yet another top-3 finish in the conference is well within reach. No guarantees, and they're still young, but they aren't rolling over and playing dead for anybody.
The mere fact that a chance at a Top 3 finish in the conference is considered positive tells me a lot. Swain and Murphy should never consider anything but the championship a success.

U would think that but our soccer numbers are the highest they have ever been. Not to mention less players coming out to play football. We probably have four kids that would be starting but they just did not want to play. Same struggles everywhere I am sure.

U would think that but our soccer numbers are the highest they have ever been. Not to mention less players coming out to play football. We probably have four kids that would be starting but they just did not want to play. Same struggles everywhere I am sure.

It's not just Swain. Murphy had about 5 kids this year that didn't come out.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
It's not just Swain. Murphy had about 5 kids this year that didn't come out.
If count the three lost to academics it was more like 8 starters or future starters. Cruse, McMillian (transfer), Hall, Larson, I Smith, Crowder, D Smith, Schane

Last edited:
Only 2 of the 8 are seniors. Hopeful couple of them will be on the team next year. I think three or four of them would be starters next year. #5 and #51 didnt play last year and came back out and are starters this year. Dogs would be in a tough spot had #5 not come out with #4 leaving.

Last edited:
Probably the fastest kid on Robbinsvilles team was academically ineligible this year..Started on both sides of the ball last year as a sophomore

Reactions: golfwang8
Probably the fastest kid on Robbinsvilles team was academically ineligible this year..Started on both sides of the ball last year as a sophomore
Yep Murphy had a 2 way starter from last year at guard/linebacker lost to academics and a transfer that probably would have started at corner and been big weapon in return game lost to academics.

For the kids coming up now, football isn't the draw it used to be. I wonder how much longer it will last at the high-school level, if current trends continue. The SMC will probably be among the last holdouts, whatever happens.

I actually wouldn't mind football being replaced by rugby. If it has to go, replace it with something watchable. Rugby reminds me of football as it must have been played around the year 1900. Back to the future! :)

The mere fact that a chance at a Top 3 finish in the conference is considered positive tells me a lot. Swain and Murphy should never consider anything but the championship a success.

Got to work with what you have. What was the last team starting 4 seniors that won a state championship? Does anybody even track that kind of stat? I wouldn't bet the house that it has never happened, but I wouldn't hesitate to stake a steak dinner on it. :)

Got to work with what you have. What was the last team starting 4 seniors that won a state championship? Does anybody even track that kind of stat? I wouldn't bet the house that it has never happened, but I wouldn't hesitate to stake a steak dinner on it. :)
Coach Colvin used to say for every sophomore that started you could count 1 loss

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
I've noticed a trend with this new generation. If they can't play the position they want they're going to take their ball and go home or transfer. Kids don't know the meaning of patience or working for it, they want it to be easy. Not every kid is meant to play every position and sometimes you just need to suck it up and do what's best for the team. Kids don't understand that they're one play away from being the starter in the position they want. Kids are sitting out their sophomore year now because they don't want to ride the pine when they could actually be using that year to watch and learn.

I've noticed a trend with this new generation. If they can't play the position they want they're going to take their ball and go home or transfer. Kids don't know the meaning of patience or working for it, they want it to be easy. Not every kid is meant to play every position and sometimes you just need to suck it up and do what's best for the team. Kids don't understand that they're one play away from being the starter in the position they want. Kids are sitting out their sophomore year now because they don't want to ride the pine when they could actually be using that year to watch and learn.
Agree with this, but sometimes parent is the problem, not the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT