ADVERTISEMENT

Post Scores from 10/5 here

Swain 39-0 over Andrews.
It was a night of adversity for Swain tonight. Fullback and linebacker goes down with back problems in pregame. Then our starting running back and free safety was sick the entire game. Evidently we had several boys sick from a pregame meal. Dang spaghetti.... Glad subs played well and our qb carried the weight. It was just one of those nights. Glad we were not playing Robbinsville or Murphy tonight it would have gone a different way. Andrews boys played hard and were exhausted when Swain subbed beginning of 4th quarter.

55-09
Robbinsville

I left a few minutes early so not sure if this is a final

55-09
Robbinsville

I left a few minutes early so not sure if this is a final

It was the final.. Robbinsville could've scored 70..Pulled ALL starters in the 3rd..Hayesville had their starters back tonight also..By far the dirtiest team I've seen in the SMC in years..Jackets probably had 10-12 personal fouls, ejections, unsportsmanlike, you name it. Knights were clicking tonight.

SMC...has some weak a** teams as well...i see...there are the top 3...then it falls off tremendously..

Murphy.. Robinsville..Swain....everyone else in the conference is ok..honestly.or downright bad...No disrespect ...i know it's the SMC...lots of history..but it has bad teams as well...lopsided scores and the same suspects on the losing end of them.

But we have 3 good teams and a decent 4th. Sometimes Cherokee steps up sometimes it Rosman.

What i cant believe is Swain only beat Hayesville by one.

Cherokee let Rosman hang around 34-17.

Honestly it was 34-9 and Rosman scored with like a min left . We had usual fair hangover in first half . This team is kind of baffling . Can’t put 4 qtrs together

Reactions: BK13T-$
Hello men !! After seeing Swain last night and watching all other teams but Cherokee & Hayesville I’ve got to say that Murphy & Robbinsville are our only 2 teams in the SMC that can really go deep come playoff time. No disrespect for the other teams just going by what I’ve seen. Conference is so young and are really off this year so we can’t say the big 3 or 4 this year, it’s only 2. Just my opinion

Rosman had that game. We were up 9 7 in 3rd quarter. Getting ready to score td. We dropped a Td pass to take a bigger lead, which killed us. Boys played hard proud of them. Prayers for the injured Braves player.

Braves lost Evans before the half, and Tigers played inspired football all night long on Homecoming which is always a distraction as most know....The game turned as mentioned above midway thru the 3rd Qtr when a Tiger player dropped a TD pass in the back of the endzone on 4th down with the Tigers leading 9-7..Happened right in front of me, and it was a perfectly thrown pass by Rosman QB Luke Steward....Cherokee made a change at QB after the change of possession, and the first play he threw the ball in the flats, and the Braves WR made the Tiger DB miss, and he was off to the races, and Cherokee took control after that....Was pleased with the effort by the Tigers tonight, and hope that the Evans kid will not miss the rest of the season....Didn't look good when he came out on crutches to begin the 2nd half...Good luck to the Braves!

Roar Tigers Roar!

It was the final.. Robbinsville could've scored 70..Pulled ALL starters in the 3rd..Hayesville had their starters back tonight also..By far the dirtiest team I've seen in the SMC in years..Jackets probably had 10-12 personal fouls, ejections, unsportsmanlike, you name it. Knights were clicking tonight.
Hayesville did have most of their players back but it didn't matter. As far as the dirtiest team comment, I would disagree. We did have some kids mouthing at the officials which is totally unacceptable and I hope the coaches deal with it harshly. What disappoints me is to sit in the stands and hear some of our fans/parents comments. Some are more concerned with bashing the coaches than supporting the team. As far as the game, Robbinsville played very well. They are very well coached and played with intensity and discipline. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

Hayesville played well and was passing short outside, which isnt our strength on D.
Walsh switched #3 and #12. Next play #3 picked it off. After we took that play away from Hayesville the game got outta hand.

Agreed rick you guys seem to give us fits anytime . Last two years I think we were down at the half. I know Evans didn’t look good hope he can come back .

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Hello men !! After seeing Swain last night and watching all other teams but Cherokee & Hayesville I’ve got to say that Murphy & Robbinsville are our only 2 teams in the SMC that can really go deep come playoff time. No disrespect for the other teams just going by what I’ve seen. Conference is so young and are really off this year so we can’t say the big 3 or 4 this year, it’s only 2. Just my opinion

That was not Swain football last night. We had our top rusher and safety fighting to stay on the field and puking his guts out. Three other boys dry heaving and sick. Our starting full back and outside linebacker had his back locked up in pre game. So that’s five starters with issues during this one. Luckily the team put everything they could to pull this one out 39-0. Looking forward to Rosman game next week. Swain has homecoming and I hope our boys feel better and everyone is healthy.

That was not Swain football last night. We had our top rusher and safety fighting to stay on the field and puking his guts out. Three other boys dry heaving and sick. Our starting full back and outside linebacker had his back locked up in pre game. So that’s five starters with issues during this one. Luckily the team put everything they could to pull this one out 39-0. Looking forward to Rosman game next week. Swain has homecoming and I hope our boys feel better and everyone is healthy.
I respect your opinion on your team and I could say something’s about Andrews but it would just be making excuses. Of all the years I’ve watched the SMC that has to be the least of all the great Swain teams I’ve watched over 40 some odd years. They had the smallest amount of players I’ve ever seen, they were big on the line but not your typical fire off the line with strength. Not aggressive and playing on the edge. The Qb was the only back with speed and i’m comparing speed to what Murphy & Robbinsville has. I realize your team is young just like so many others in the conference and it was a well played game with good sportsmanship. After watching the game I can see now how Hayesville almost beat you but it threw me off how you beat Cherokee. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Reactions: golfwang8
Swain with everyone healthy and on the field are still noted underdogs against Robbinsville and Murphy. Not saying Swain can't win because you can't ever count out a Swain football team but the odds are against it.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Anyone know RBs rushing yardage last night. My friend said 200 but i was thinking more like 130.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT