ADVERTISEMENT

Post 10/11 scores

Carboro ranked #309 just saying. -1 rushing against MA in the Rams house. Just saying!
I also saw you against Ew last week just saying..this Rams team played up to their potential and not down to their opponent. I’ve saw Mt. Airy 3x this year and at no point and time did their offense look better than Starmount’s. They won when it mattered. But make no mistake Mt. Airy is a shell of itself in my 3x seeing them and Elkin had EW on the ropes EW had Mt.Airy on the ropes mid 3qtr. This Ram team i saw tonight.. no team in the conference will have them on the ropes, if they play like that every game. I said what i said…

Last edited:
I also saw you against Ew last week just saying..this Rams team played up to their potential and not down to their opponent. I’ve saw Mt. Airy 3x this year and at no point and time did their offense look better than Starmount’s. They won when it mattered. But make no mistake Mt. Airy is a shell of itself in my 3x seeing them and Elkin had EW on the ropes EW had Mt.Airy on the ropes mid 3qtr. This Ram team i saw tonight.. no team in the conference will have them on the ropes, if they play like that every game. I said what i said…
Championship mentality!MA has it! Played sloppy against STM still beat them in there house. Will have to beat MA at Wallace Shelton next time. Bears do need to clean it up for sure! They are not 2022 or 2023!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearmod1
Starmount i believe will beat mt airy in west final this yr ....

Ok maybe so but they won't beat Tarboro Mt airy is not what it was in 22 or 23 but I'll put my pay on Starmount will not accomplish what we did for 2 years straight against them. If I'm betting man they can't beat them first meeting because I guarantee they will be there out of the East and trust me they are pissed from us beating them 2 years in a row

East Wilkes literally has played down to Elkin forever when they are the better team.

As for Starmount, they beat another North Iredell.
Ok Thunder_struck i like EW but after seeing Starmount 3x and Mt. Airy 3x, I don’t really look forward to EW match up with the Rams. I’m not gonna discredit Starmount because they made Carboro look ridiculous. Carboro was every bit as athletic across the board as anyone you will see in 1A. Not sure why it’s so hard for others to believe that The Rams i believe had an off night against Da Bears (some credit to Mt. Airy), but offensively have more weapons… a better Qb…. A better overall stable of rbs…. And an equivalent defense. Regardless of who they play. Just saying.. Last night I saw it all come together and look like what was expected of this years Ram team.

If I was a betting man ( which I’m not ) I would bet on a Ma vs Tarboro matchup in December. Bears ain’t 2022 /2023 and us as fans have come to understand that. A shell of 2023 , maybe. But they do have that one intangible that the other teams don’t have. They know how and expect to win. You can’t teach a 39 game winning streak , you have to earn it and be a part of it. I’ve said this all year , winning is a habit, winning ugly comes from heart and determination, not will to accept the loss. Look at the Reidsville / West stokes game championship mentalities win ugly games , you have to have been there to have been able to build it. The Bears will continue to ride the backs of the defense till the offense catches up. You win by o e or a hundred, a dub is a dub. Keep talking and the bears will just keep trudging through the Mudd and keep on winning. I do however think this team is capable of scoring at least 8 on the vikes in December, and I do believe this defense is capable of reeling in an extremely talented vikes offense. Defenses wins championships and that’s the one thing this group excels at. Good luck the rest of the year, see you At Wallace Shelton come playoff time when your team gets there shot at the streak

Last edited:
If I was a betting man ( which I’m not ) I would bet on a Ma vs Tarboro matchup in December. Bears ain’t 2022 /2023 and us as fans have come to understand that. A shell of 2023 , maybe. But they do have that on intangible that the other teams don’t have. They know how and expect to win. You can’t teach a 39 game winning streak , you have to earn it and be a part of it. I’ve said this all year , winning is a habit, winning ugly comes from heart and determination, not will to accept the loss. Look at the Reidsville / West stokes game championship mentalities win ugly games , you have to have been there to have been able to build it. The Bears will continue to ride the defensive backs till the offense catches up. You win by o e or a hundred, a dub is a dub. Keep talking and the bears will just keep trudging through the Mudd and keep on winning. I do however think this team is capable of scoring at least 8 on the vikes in December, and I do believe this defense is capable of reeling in an extremely talented vikes offense. Defense wins championships and that’s the one thing this group excels at. Good luck the rest of the year, see you At Wallace Shelton come playoff time when your team gets there shot at the streak
Mt. Airy is one player away from disaster. # 4 is a workhorse. Mt.Airy isn’t deep. They are talented. With that being said, the play-calling needs to improve. Other rb’s need to step up and have carries and plays ran for them that fit them. Pitches to the outside to #22 look ridiculous he is not a scat back! He is a big bruiser of a back. Bears are very good make no mistake. Guess it’s easy to judge when you try to stack this yr’s rb’s vs the last 3-4 yrs!

Ok Thunder_struck i like EW but after seeing Starmount 3x and Mt. Airy 3x, I don’t really look forward to EW match up with the Rams. I’m not gonna discredit Starmount because they made Carboro look ridiculous. Carboro was every bit as athletic across the board as anyone you will see in 1A. Not sure why it’s so hard for others to believe that The Rams i believe had an off night against Da Bears (some credit to Mt. Airy), but offensively have more weapons… a better Qb…. A better overall stable of rbs…. And an equivalent defense. Regardless of who they play. Just saying.. Last night I saw it all come together and look like what was expected of this years Ram team.
Equivalent Defense…in what world. Starmount is a good defense but not on the same page. As Buzz has reminded you over and over, that great stable of running backs you are talking about at STM gained -1 yards rushing. How many did #4 have and team? And always the excuse is they had an off night. Well they had their whole season to prepare for that one night and you gonna say had an off night. Come on man. That score should have been a lot worse and everyone that knows football knows that. And you are right Denna you never know what happens in playoffs but I bet MA will not have the game they had the first time in playoffs. The QB is good for STM but after watching JV QB he may be better. Look forward to seeing you all at Wallace Shelton in playoffs

The weapons are there, not as many as last year of course,4 isn’t it. I will imagine you will see them come playoff time and the offense evolve abit. Coaches are have to coach to the talent they have, deff agree the offense has some things to figure out. But with that said the defense is there. We tend to get on here ( myself included) and question this and have expectations of what should be happening. The coaches have seen these kids since little league all the way till now. They know what they got. I imagine the reason you don’t see some things is due to the depth issues, agree not as deep . 4 is chasing the record books and as a coach you can’t hold him back from that, 22 ain’t in the middle cause you can’t lose him on the defensive side of the ball. I think as you get deeper in the playoffs you start seeing more from the offense. Now with that said this junior laden team is 8-0 , playing what I would argue up to this point based on what the competition is doing they have played as any 1a team in the state. The playoffs for those teams will prove that statement true. They get everyone’s best game because of who they are, and they still haven’t played their best game yet. Played everyone’s best team in years so they say and still continue to win. Guess the real question is what’s the rest of 1a gonna do when this group starts playing their best football?

Last edited:
Reactions: REWhitley
I tend to stay out of stuff like this but let me say this. Tarboro is focused on Martin County right now. They aren't looking ahead at all. We have over two months before state championships happen. A LOT and I mean a lot will transpire between now and then. The west looks like it will be very fun this year. While I do believe MA is still very good, they aren't a sure fire lock to make it like last year and it's ok I promise. When you graduate a senior class that good you can't help but take a baby step back. I fully expect the bears to be in at minimum the western finals. We have a long ways to go this season the hypothetical playoff matchups are just that hypothetical. All that being said, until somebody beats MA they are the team to beat.

Lots of laurels resting on playing the bears close. See that’s the difference, the bears expect to win when everyone else is satisfied with just playing close then being ok losing just because you played them close, even to the point as seeing that as a win for them and a chunk in the bear’s armor. Early prediction, SAME OLE THING - Bears vs Vikes , TITLE MATCH , 3rd weekend in December.

Last edited:
If Starmount can't establish the run, they can't beat Mount Airy. Their offensive line is huge but Mount Airy dominated them up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Last night Mt airy looked much, much better at executing. I am not sure they had more than one or two flags all night. (That might be because the strip team last night did a really good job unlike some of the horrible idiots we have seen in previous games.)

Yes I understand it was against South Stokes and they have not been good this year, but they do have some really good athletes on that team. And some really good size players.

But Mt Airy played at a much higher level last night and I give that credit, in large measure, to the Coaching staff.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Ok maybe so but they won't beat Tarboro Mt airy is not what it was in 22 or 23 but I'll put my pay on Starmount will not accomplish what we did for 2 years straight against them. If I'm betting man they can't beat them first meeting because I guarantee they will be there out of the East and trust me they are pissed from us beating them 2 years in a row
Yall over looking Eastern Randolph aren’t you lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT