ADVERTISEMENT

Plymouth vs Robbinsville

I cant think who the other one is. Most years all our players play both ways but now that we have alot only playing one way it is hard to remember all of them.

Kids moving in and out alot but I want to know who is listed as the starter? It has to be #75 or 65 or 55.

BK13T.. your credibility is suspect to me. I mean, it's not like there moving guys in an out at the 1a level. . But it's your story, tell it like you want to. . LOL. .

I am going to check this game out before our game next week. You 1A guys should stay and watch the next game between Crest and Havelock. These two are powerhouse clubs and loaded with major D1 talent.

ok its not about who's better its about who wins the game , in my opinion Robbinsville in the past has had better football teams than Murphy and lost , now on to the State Championship , Knights do a good job of containing the edge , but are a little weaker in the middle ,sorry Knights fans but yes there are holes there ,they just have to be hit. Offense Knights have threats power and decent speed out of 3 and 11 , good blocker in 44 , for Knights to win , block Hollingsworth 48 , contain Malik Webb on QB runs and scramble , stop two point conversions . Plymouth will play physical , and they will use their speed on both sides of the ball.

Great post dog tuff and yes I do agree with you that we have holes in the middle and it shows at times

Wait a second here. Did BK just say that the Black knights are able to platoon on their lines? This coming from the guy who always calls out other teams about them being a real 1a cause they don't have numbers to bring up freshman or have multiple running backs and list goes on. LMAO, BK! This is absolute proof you talk out of your rear end. Unbelievable, Lol!

That was my thought gal. They have so many players BK doesn't even know who they are. lmao. Like the old saying goes ''It's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are a .................

Thanks BlackCat.

Hey guys keep it coming. I dont mind it a bit.
smile.r191677.gif

Glad you think its crazy that I can only name 10 of the 11 staters.
Not as crazy as some of you guys predictions over the year.
smile.r191677.gif

According to the great game simulator Plymouth wins over Robbinsville 28-21. Just something fun to play with, but somewhat accurate (although it picked Murphy over Robbinsville). You can even do teams from different years against each other. My Christmas present to you. I'll give my official pick after I talk to the coaches Monday.

This post was edited on 12/7 9:51 AM by gurnade

Game Simulator

Knine and Dogtuff - good posts.

Vikingfan08 - Knights are the underdogs in this game and our coaches and players have watched hours of film on Plymouth ... we are aware that you are a POWERHOUSE. So we are not going to be surprised when you try to run through us, around us, over us. Our boys haven't been to the big game and you guys are returning for the 3rd straight year, very impressive. Hoping for a good game, good sportmanship, fair calls, and no injuries.

I agree with one of the other knight posters - I don't usually defend BK - he doesn't ask for it and he's a big boy and can take whatever comes - and granted he starts a lot of the smack talk. But you all need to go back and read BK 's post again - He said we were different from Murphy, not better just different - Nole was the one that had to start with all the "we were better" talk. Try not to let your hatred of BK cloud your brains folks.

Originally posted by dogtuff:
ok its not about who's better its about who wins the game , in my opinion Robbinsville in the past has had better football teams than Murphy and lost , now on to the State Championship , Knights do a good job of containing the edge , but are a little weaker in the middle ,sorry Knights fans but yes there are holes there ,they just have to be hit. Offense Knights have threats power and decent speed out of 3 and 11 , good blocker in 44 , for Knights to win , block Hollingsworth 48 , contain Malik Webb on QB runs and scramble , stop two point conversions . Plymouth will play physical , and they will use their speed on both sides of the ball.
I have said that before about Robbinsville having the better team but still lost to Murphy. Murphy fans got all over me for that and said it wasnt true. So come on Murphy fans lets hear you jump on dogtuff for saying the same thing.

I dont think we are the underdogs. NCpreps, Carolinapreps and the APcoaches poll all have us ranked above Plymouth most of the year. And Rville was a few places ahead. Maxpreps had Plymouth ahead by one spot. None of these means anything and I hope we are the underdog but I think this shows most would have us at the favorite not the underdog. I think whoever is the favorite it should be by less than a TD. Simmons also has us at 3rd and Plymouth at 7th and Robbinsville SS at 20th and Plymouths S.S. at 67th.

This post was edited on 12/7 2:23 PM by BK13T-$

This post was edited on 12/7 3:18 PM by BK13T-$

BK - you gotta factor in the environment. These guys are coming to the big show for the 3rd straight year. No way that doesn't give them some mental advantage.

Did you read the post about the Game Simulator? I am assuming that 's just data in - predictions out. Granted it can't factor in the heart and soul that we have going for us ... but I think we are underdogs ... and I'll be yelling my head off for those underdogs come Saturday.

Are you going to the game?

Originally posted by vikingfan08:
knine1 posted on 12/6/2014...

Viking08 is a very good poster from Plymouth and I enjoyed reading his posts and talking with him the last 2 years when our teams matched up in the finals. I think he was just asking how this SMC team compared with the SMC team they played the last 2 seasons. He's pretty classy and not a smack talker. I think There's tons of respect between Plymouth and Murphy after 2 classic title games. Plymouth played hard , fast and showed good sportsmanship in a close win and a close loss. Quality right down the line from Plymouth.

There's similarities between 2014 Rville and 2013 Murphy and some differences. Both are/were physical SMC teams. 2014 Rville is a little bigger and probably have a stronger defense than 13 Murphy. The 13 Dogs I think were faster and more explosive but 14 Rville is very close with very good skill position talent of their own.

Hopefully Viking08 can give everybody a rundown on how the 13 and 14 Plymouth teams are similar and how they are different? I like to read good football talk and not a pi$$in' contest.......

I appreciate that knine... It's funny how different people take what others say so differently.. LOL.. You know I only can give my opinion and my opinion is, the VIKINGS win a close one.. somewhere AROUND 21-16... As far as this team compared to others, well let's just say they aren't the same. we started the season with 4 new OL, a new FS, 1CB, and 3 new LB's along with 2 new RB's.. so I definitely had my doubts about the season. But as the season has progressed so has the team, I've thought they often have played down to the competition but always played hard against teams we knew were gonna be tough! We run the same offense as the last few years, we have 4 really good backs, and a bull at FB.. Our QB Webb is dynamic to say the least, he has weapons to throw to in 15 KELLY,and 89 PURVIS.. Webb has run and passed for over 1000yds...On defense we aren't quite as strong at LB position in my opinion but they definitely get the job done! Playing behind our DL makes it easier on them.. That line is led by DT/NG Hollngsworth, if you've never heard of him, you will! He is an absolute stud and can cause all kinds of problems thru the middle. They will have to put at least 2 guys on him every play, there aren't many guys gonna contain him one on one. If anybody don't believe me, just look at the film. Maybe that will give you guys a little insight on what you can expect from the VIKINGS!! We line it up an run it at you, thru you or around you, whatever it takes. I'm expecting this to be another great game, IMHO I think the 1A championship game the last 2 years has been the best game of the weekend. I'm looking for his to be the same! HEY ROBBINSVILLE, LET THE SMACK TALK BEGIN!! LOL...
Appreciate and value both you guys opinion....I enjoy smack talk as much as the next guy, but I always enjoy the knowledge about the teams more...

This is an intriguing matchup of Power Football vs Speed/Championship Game Experience....Can't really sum up the Black Knights more than dogtuff did because he knows his stuff....From my own prospective, it seems that the Black Knights have come together more defensively as the season progressed, and seem to be playing their best football of the season as a unit on that side of the ball, which does nothing but help an offense that has several talented skill players, including the QB who has took his game to another level late in the season...I watched the Plymouth/Murphy game last year, and it was a great game as was the 2012 game... My hearing is starting to slowing but surely fade too...lol, but seems like I remember the Webb and Hollingsworth kids names' being called alot during last year's championship game....Seems to me anyway that the Hollingsworth kid was in on a lot of plays in last year's championship game from his DT position....Any local or regional college taking a look at this young man?

Again thanks for the info about the Vikings!

Should be a geat game, good luck to both teams and especially our SMC brethen, the Black Knights...!

Good post Rick, thanks for the support. Why don't you just go with us? We'll pick up at west Asheville at about 5 am Saturday ... I got some duck tape we can put over that ole ugly orange part on your shirt.

Goodluck to the Knights get it done and bring another one home to the SMC . Having seen Plymouth the last couple years there not your typical eastern team they hit , bring it on every play , and they don't give up . They have a great offense and the thing that stood out was how well there backs block . If you key on the rocket sweep, they hit you with the counter . Well disciplined football team , good luck we will be pulling for you .

Thanks smcdogfan.

Looking at some of their game scores - wow 7 shut outs , 4 games where their opponent only scored 6, several games with their score in the 50s and a couple in the 60s.

Gonna be a tough one for my knights.

Good Luck to the Knights from a Franklin Alumni!! Wish we were going to, but just came up a little short.

Originally posted by goknightgo:
How is the home team determined? Does it alternate every other year?
Alternates every year.
The BLACK Knights will be in silver or what ever it is.

I really dont see why we couldnt wear the Black on Black unis. Plymouth is Blue. Oh thats the least of our problem.s

This post was edited on 12/8 8:30 PM by BK13T-$

Really quiet on here without all the Robbinsville and Murphy posters going at it.

Just not many Plymouth fans on this site?

Who is Murphy and Swain playing this week?
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Can't wait to see what little 1A is all about this weekend before my boys take the field.

Your right about Plymouth being use to the big show but this should be like a home game for us. I would think Robbinsville fans will out number Plymouth 6-1 or so. I know we already sold 500 tickets and should go up. I think a 1,000 atleast will be there. Maybe more. Hope so.

Bk, this further proves you know nothing about Plymouth or its fan base.. you will not and I repeat, will not have a 6 to 1 advantage in fans! Chances are the Vikings will bring more than yall! Gonna be a long ride back up that mountain. . LMBO! You doing all this talking and probably ain't even coming yourself. . I just find it funny you go from board to board posting all this nonsense, you said 7 to 1 on the other board.. I'm glad we have you on these boards, just for the humor!

This post was edited on 12/11 3:52 PM by vikingfan08

Bk, this further proves you know nothing about Plymouth or its fan base.. you will not and I repeat, will not have a 6 to 1 advantage in fans! Chances are the Vikings will bring more than yall! Gonna be a long ride back up that mountain. . LMBO! You doing all this talking and probably ain't even coming yourself. . I just find it funny you go from board to board posting all this nonsense, you said 7 to 1 on the other board.. I'm glad we have you on these boards, just for the humor!

Go easy on ole BK, he's Black Knight to the bone! Just becomes a little challenge at this point of the year. In a normal season their State Title match is when they play me Devils.... By the way, ya'll don't wear Maroon do ya? If you do, man that's like flashing the red cape in front of a bull up here. Just joking with you BK.

I'm pulling for the Knights, it's a SMC thing but I will say it hear it's gonna be a good one.

I said 6-1 or so. That means it could be 5-1 or 7-1. Yeah I m really talking alot of trash. Did Plymouth out number Murphy fans? I am not talking about folks from other schools just Plymouth. Did they out number Murphy?

It will be along ride back. That is a fact.

I was just going off the fact that the east have less fans overall and Stadiums with 500 and 1,000 seat. Either way its nothing for him to get up in arms about.

Brian Simmons picks.
WRH by 12 over Starmount.
Robbinsville by 4 over Plymouth.

Trust me the SMC posters are used to this behavior out of bk. Eventually you just come to expect it lol.

Not going to fill the stadium, thats for sure. Can the County come or just the Town of Robbinsville. The town might only have 600 but the county is about 10,000. Robbinsville is the only School in Graham County. It wouldnt be hard for 1,000 to show up. That would only be 10% of the peps.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I said 6-1 or so. That means it could be 5-1 or 7-1. Yeah I m really talking alot of trash. Did Plymouth out number Murphy fans? I am not talking about folks from other schools just Plymouth. Did they out number Murphy?

It will be along ride back. That is a fact.
After further review, BK reseeded the fan ratios using his pickem's formula. It has been determined that since Robbinsville is the only true 1A school in the state, that the number of their fans will be combined with a multiplier of 2.5 to make the cheering field level to surpass the hoards of Plymouth fans that will be invading Winston Salem tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT