ADVERTISEMENT

Plymouth vs Robbinsville

vikingfan08

Feb 21, 2005
Might as well get it started. .. so who wins? And why? I think it's gonna be a low scoring affair, both teams grinding it out. I got to go with my guys to bring it home. Losing to a great Murphy team last year has motivated this Viking team! I know Robbinsville has a good team but i think we make one more play then them to win.... 21-16

This post was edited on 12/5 11:43 PM by vikingfan08

We will not have 16. Maybe 14.We got a good field goal kicker.

Plymouth's schedule looks suspect but they have been to the ship before and know what to expect from a SMC team.

Robbinsville looks to have a better resume with 2 wins over Murphy and 1 over swain. Even with Murphy's injuries and swain's youth that is not easy.

Going to be a good one.

Good close one here I think. Going to have to think on this awhile. Back to you on this in 3-4 days.

Originally posted by oldman63:
Plymouth's schedule looks suspect but they have been to the ship before and know what to expect from a SMC team.

Robbinsville looks to have a better resume with 2 wins over Murphy and 1 over swain. Even with Murphy's injuries and swain's youth that is not easy.

Going to be a good one.
Playing Murphy is nothing like playing Robbinsville. Totally different football. This is not a stab at Murphy but as Murphy folks an Rville folks know we have always played different style's of football.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
Originally posted by oldman63:

Going to be a good one.
Playing Murphy is nothing like playing Robbinsville. Totally different football. This is not a stab at Murphy but as Murphy folks an Rville folks know we have always played different style's of football.
Robbinsville and Murphy play slightly different styles of football but nothing Robbinsville does is better than what Murphy does. I would argue that the Murphy teams Plymouth played the past two years were faster, more talented, more versatile, and more explosive than this Robbinsville team and presented much more for Plymouth to worry about.

This post was edited on 12/6 10:01 AM by NC nole fan

This post was edited on 12/6 10:03 AM by NC nole fan

Originally posted by BulldogsFollower:
This is Robbinsville's Year
It sure seems that way. The breaks have definitely fallen their way this year. IMO Plymouth is probably a slightly better team but I wouldn't bet against the knights this year. Destiny's darlings.

Originally posted by NC nole fan:

Robbinsville and Murphy play slightly different styles of football but nothing Robbinsville does is better than what Murphy does.
Well apparently Robbinsville did something better than what Murphy did at least twice this season! Spoken like a true Murphy fan. You can't make this stuff up folks!!
laugh.r191677.gif

I'm thinking Plymouth will put a 1 in the loss column for the Knights this year. I'll be pulling for the Knights of course, but none of them have been to the title game like the Plymouth players have. I think that will be the deciding factor if it gets close.

Obviously I think this is gonna be a close game, just look at my predicted score.. can't wait to see what all the hype is all about with the Knights. And I think they may be underestimating the toughness and speed the Vikings will bring. This Viking team is very similar to teams of the past, the difference is the QB this year is a true dual threat! He was good last year, but he is completely different this year! It sounds like the QB from the Knights is also the gas that lights the Knights fire. I truly think the difference will be the many options the Vikings have in the backfield as well as the speed on defense! Should be a great game, can't wait! And as always, I just want a clean game with great sportsmanship and no injuries!

Classic matchup. If Plymouth is anything like the last 2 years they will be a handful for anybody. yes there are some similarities between SMC teams and also obviously some differences. I think people know about SMC smashmouth but they are surprised by how many good athletes SMC teams can field. Robbinsville aint taking a bunch of plow mules to the title game, there are some thoroughbreds on the roster to.

Malik Webb can be an X factor at anytime. When the play breaks down he's at his most dangerous. Plymouth is well coached and used to playing in a big stadium before. Plymouth's closing speed on defense is something that sticks out from the last 2 games vs Murphy. You can have a play blocked perfectly but Plymouth can recover so fast that what looks like a long run is contained to a 5 or 6 yard gain. Robbinsville will have to have good execution and limit penalties on offense to keep the ball moving.

I think the computers will have Plymouth as a slight favorite , but Robbinsville has enough talent to win but will have to execute very well to pull off the win.

Originally posted by Fourth'n'Inches:
Originally posted by NC nole fan:

Robbinsville and Murphy play slightly different styles of football but nothing Robbinsville does is better than what Murphy does.
Well apparently Robbinsville did something better than what Murphy did at least twice this season! Spoken like a true Murphy fan. You can't make this stuff up folks!!
laugh.r191677.gif
Stick it! Murphy sure does better than Hayesville EVERY year, don't they?! Besides I wasn't talking about this year. I was talking about the last two Murphy teams, and the only reason I said anything is because bk said playing Robbinsville is nothing like playing Murphy. He's right, Murphy last two teams are better! There I said it!

Hey guys read the thread topic again!!! We aren't talking and NO ONE CARES about what coulda been or what you think SHOULDA been we are talking about the state championship game this YEAR!!! So Nole Fan, no one wants to hear how good Murphy was last year or year before! All that counts is they weren't good enough this year! So STICK IT! Get off the thread you troll, go back to the 1A basketball thread

Lets just hope the Robbinsville player (won't include a number) leaves his racist remarks at home. I don't think that will go over to well with an entire team lol. I'm pulling for Robbinsville, but Plymouth I'm afraid takes this one by 7.

Hey pollo the RV player knew he made a mistake and at the end of the game last week he apologized to the murphy player! So before you start talking about racist remarks, make sure you have all the facts about everything

Originally posted by goknightgo:
Hey guys read the thread topic again!!! We aren't talking and NO ONE CARES about what coulda been or what you think SHOULDA been we are talking about the state championship game this YEAR!!! So Nole Fan, no one wants to hear how good Murphy was last year or year before! All that counts is they weren't good enough this year! So STICK IT! Get off the thread you troll, go back to the 1A basketball thread
Hey don't get mad at me! Your boy bk got this ball rolling. Shut up about Murphy and I'll keep my mouth shut. It's not that hard! Oh and Murphy was plenty good enough this year, they just had some terrible injuries derail their season. So remember that and don't break your hands patting yourselves on the back!

This post was edited on 12/6 11:12 AM by NC nole fan

This post was edited on 12/6 11:28 AM by NC nole fan

Speak for yourself goknightgo.. some of us want an opinion from people who have seen us play and seen yall play! I dont want to have a one sided conversation with nothing but RVILLE fans. This being a message board all opinions are welcome I'm sure. I didn't take anything he said about RVILLE as being a knock against them. So have you never posted on a topic not about your Knights? I doubt it!! You should be looking for people on here to tell you a little about the VIKINGS so we don't surprise ya! I appreciate your opinion NOLE.. KEEP IT COMIN.. SOMEBODY WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED....LMBO... You would think they would be happy this morning after the victory.

Originally posted by vikingfan08:
Speak for yourself goknightgo.. some of us want an opinion from people who have seen us play and seen yall play! I dont want to have a one sided conversation with nothing but RVILLE fans. This being a message board all opinions are welcome I'm sure. I didn't take anything he said about RVILLE as being a knock against them. So have you never posted on a topic not about your Knights? I doubt it!! You should be looking for people on here to tell you a little about the VIKINGS so we don't surprise ya! I appreciate your opinion NOLE.. KEEP IT COMIN.. SOMEBODY WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED....LMBO... You would think they would be happy this morning after the victory.
Lol thank you and you're welcome! These knight posters are sensitive to any comment a Murphy poster makes that doesn't hail Robbinsville the all time greatest team ever, apparently! I don't normally pull against the SMC but this time I will make an exception! Much respect for the vikings and I hope you guys shut them up next week!

No Vikingfan I don't mind them posting on the thread I'm just sayin that it's about ROBBINSVILLE and Plymouth , not about a game that's been played twice this year and RV has just completely physically beat Murphy both times! The Murphy fans are just still butt hurt over the situation cause they thought the first game was a fluke because their " line didn't play to its potential" and then they were so much "improved " the second time we played... But it still wasn't good enough... They got whipped even more than they didn't the first time! And BK was right by saying two different styles of football of Murphy and RV! Robbinsville lines up and runs straight at you and just wears you down physically, Murphy tries to beat you with you speed, they try and get there playmakers in open field so they can make plays! Two totally different schemes! So Nole fan quit being so butt hurt man, and yea we will pay ourselves on the back because we can!!! We shut Murphy down completely!!! You can blame injuries or whatever but that's football and that's why the game is played... ITS NOT WHAT COULDA, WOULDA, OR SHOULDA HAPPENED... It's what DID happen!!

Originally posted by goknightgo:
No Vikingfan I don't mind them posting on the thread I'm just sayin that it's about ROBBINSVILLE and Plymouth , not about a game that's been played twice this year and RV has just completely physically beat Murphy both times! The Murphy fans are just still butt hurt over the situation cause they thought the first game was a fluke because their " line didn't play to its potential" and then they were so much "improved " the second time we played... But it still wasn't good enough... They got whipped even more than they didn't the first time! And BK was right by saying two different styles of football of Murphy and RV! Robbinsville lines up and runs straight at you and just wears you down physically, Murphy tries to beat you with you speed, they try and get there playmakers in open field so they can make plays! Two totally different schemes! So Nole fan quit being so butt hurt man, and yea we will pay ourselves on the back because we can!!! We shut Murphy down completely!!! You can blame injuries or whatever but that's football and that's why the game is played... ITS NOT WHAT COULDA, WOULDA, OR SHOULDA HAPPENED... It's what DID happen!!
+1 Exactly. Sour grapes from a disgruntled Murphy fan.

This week is all about the undefeated ROBBINSVILLE BLACK KNIGHTS!
uzi.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/6 11:39 AM by Fourth'n'Inches

No Nole!!!! You took the first jab......NOTHING Robbinsville does is better than Murphy! Fourth was spot on. You just cant help yourself can you? We don't care who you pull for and it sure wont make a difference in the outcome of Saturdays final. We know Plymouth is good, has speed and power, and have been there making their 3rd consecutive trip. But we will go down and see if we can make a game of it!

So Vikingfan if you want some insight look at the stats of the last game of Murphy and RV and see how much Murphy's speed hurt RV... I'm pretty sure that our QB had just as much total offense than all of Murphy's offense! Everyone knows you can't compare teams or scores cause every different team you play matches up differently!

Sour grapes?? Not hardly! Murphy has had plenty of success lately (and historically). I know Murphy had the best team (when healthy) but things just didn't go their way this year. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I posted a simple reply to bk and the trolls come crawling out and spin it out of control. Excuse me for having an opinion!

Viking fan, #3, #11, and #10 are their biggest weapons. Contain them (which isn't easy by any means) and protect the football and your team will bring home another title.

No you don't know Murphy had the best team...do you think nobody else had injuries this year? This Murpy team was hailed as the best team since sliced bread was invented and Carl Pickens was in highschool...however this poster is convinced that there have been a few Murphy teams recently that were better and tougher than this version. Robbinsville was better this year with or without Gage Cox as their O line and defense was better and won both battles. As far as Robbinsville and Plymouth..can't wait..could be a great game! Hopefully for our sake this Robbinville team can get it done, but it will take another "A GAME".

Originally posted by BlackCat93:

No Nole!!!! You took the first jab......NOTHING Robbinsville does is better than Murphy! Fourth was spot on. You just cant help yourself can you? We don't care who you pull for and it sure wont make a difference in the outcome of Saturdays final. We know Plymouth is good, has speed and power, and have been there making their 3rd consecutive trip. But we will go down and see if we can make a game of it!
What I said was no more of a jab than what bk said. It's not hard to figure out what he was implying. It was his subtle way of saying Murphy is soft or finesse, which is about as false a statement as there is. Read my post again and you will see that I didn't say Murphy's style was any "better" or worse than Robbinsville's. Just different. I did say that Murphy's last two teams presented more for Plymouth to worry about (more speed, more weapons, more depth) and I don't think that is inaccurate. Doesn't mean Robbinsville won't win Saturday and I don't mean it as a jab. Whatever though. I'm out. This is Robbinsville and Plymouth's game so I guess I will just have to bite my tongue the rest of the week.

Originally posted by knight2014:
No you don't know Murphy had the best team...do you think nobody else had injuries this year? This Murpy team was hailed as the best team since sliced bread was invented and Carl Pickens was in highschool...however this poster is convinced that there have been a few Murphy teams recently that were better and tougher than this version. Robbinsville was better this year with or without Gage Cox as their O line and defense was better and won both battles. As far as Robbinsville and Plymouth..can't wait..could be a great game! Hopefully for our sake this Robbinville team can get it done, but it will take another "A GAME".
Okay. Ask Darlington and Franklin how good Murphy was with Gaige Cox, Dalton Kent, Roberts, etc. We will agree to disagree on this. IMO Murphy wins by two TDs if healthy but I'm done arguing about it. Just enjoy your day in the sun.

Watched the darlington and franklin games and felt like Robbinsville had a good chance after both. Franklin in particular controlled the ball on Murphy with a big line and tough running and also played physical defense. And Yes I'll enjoy this just as Murpy has enjoyed their past successes.

Viking08 is a very good poster from Plymouth and I enjoyed reading his posts and talking with him the last 2 years when our teams matched up in the finals. I think he was just asking how this SMC team compared with the SMC team they played the last 2 seasons. He's pretty classy and not a smack talker. I think There's tons of respect between Plymouth and Murphy after 2 classic title games. Plymouth played hard , fast and showed good sportsmanship in a close win and a close loss. Quality right down the line from Plymouth.

There's similarities between 2014 Rville and 2013 Murphy and some differences. Both are/were physical SMC teams. 2014 Rville is a little bigger and probably have a stronger defense than 13 Murphy. The 13 Dogs I think were faster and more explosive but 14 Rville is very close with very good skill position talent of their own.

Hopefully Viking08 can give everybody a rundown on how the 13 and 14 Plymouth teams are similar and how they are different? I like to read good football talk and not a pi$$in' contest.......

Ladies,

Nile wasn't saying anything bad. In fact his post was more about Plymouth than anyone if you understand his point. All he was saying is Plymouth has seen teams the last couple years that were more explosive and had more weapons than this Black knights team and had just as stingy a defense as they will see this Friday. He was speaking too Plymouths experience with SMC style teams. It wasn't a knock on Robbinsville or props for Murphy but respect for Plymouth. At least that is how ol gal took it. If you want to get technical though everything he said was right lol.

I am hoping Black Knights can pull it off as they are very physical and have a couple of stud backs. Plymouth won't be intimidated or scared that is for sure. They have squared off against stud SMC teams and their recent experience in the title game will help them. I look for a tough game and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win as does in most championship games.

I agree Knine! Football talk is great but some of your posters from over there are ridiculous! You are the only one that's really sensible about the situation! Yes murphy team was physical last year and had a good defense and I agree that RV is a little stronger and bigger this year than Murphy was and it did show! In all defense of BK which I don't defend him very much at all lol, I didn't take his statement as a jab at Murphy I took it as a true statement, these two football teams are different in many ways, Murphy has more speed definitely and they have to use their speed to beat you on the other hand RV can line up and take it at you 3-4 a carry and just wear you out

Extremely difficult to try and decipher a team you haven't seen play in person. I have watched rv play 4 diff times this season and Plymouth zero times. I have watched Plymouth play Murphy the past 2 championship games. I will be honest here. The first year we played them my first thought was this will be a cakewalk for Murphy. I was thinking they would just be a weak coastal team who lucked up and made it to the championship game. Boy was I wrong! Plymouth brought size, speed, great coaching, and the ability to lul you to believing you had em beat and all of a sudden you just lost. That almost happened again last year. The way Plymouth battled back against Murphy in both games was a testament to the type team they are. Now as far as the knights this season, kudos to them also. It definitely sucked to not only lose once but to also be sent packing in a playoff game. Week in and week out rv has got it done. Whether it was a blowout or a lackluster performance, they kept the losing column at 0. Skylar and Cruz have run rampant over opposing defenses. Rv's defense has defininitely played very well this season also. Rv has the peices to complete the puzzle no doubt, but a well seasoned Plymouth team is waiting on the other end. I think rv's secondary will be tested early and often and that may be a big factor in the outcome of the game. Plymouths kicking game was non existent the past 2 seasons. Its my understanding they do have a kicker this season so that does make a difference also, although they have been more adapted to going for 2 pt conversion. Don't be surprised if they do that. I think it will be a very good game between 2 very good teams.

I have watched film on Plymouth this year and last year. I think Plymouth was a little better last year and I have heard that from other East posters. I think Robbinsville is the favorite in this game. Containment on the edges is what our defense is really good at. I think plymouth will have to beat us with short passes and Special teams.

knine1 posted on 12/6/2014...

Viking08 is a very good poster from Plymouth and I enjoyed reading his posts and talking with him the last 2 years when our teams matched up in the finals. I think he was just asking how this SMC team compared with the SMC team they played the last 2 seasons. He's pretty classy and not a smack talker. I think There's tons of respect between Plymouth and Murphy after 2 classic title games. Plymouth played hard , fast and showed good sportsmanship in a close win and a close loss. Quality right down the line from Plymouth.

There's similarities between 2014 Rville and 2013 Murphy and some differences. Both are/were physical SMC teams. 2014 Rville is a little bigger and probably have a stronger defense than 13 Murphy. The 13 Dogs I think were faster and more explosive but 14 Rville is very close with very good skill position talent of their own.

Hopefully Viking08 can give everybody a rundown on how the 13 and 14 Plymouth teams are similar and how they are different? I like to read good football talk and not a pi$$in' contest.......

I appreciate that knine... It's funny how different people take what others say so differently.. LOL.. You know I only can give my opinion and my opinion is, the VIKINGS win a close one.. somewhere AROUND 21-16... As far as this team compared to others, well let's just say they aren't the same. we started the season with 4 new OL, a new FS, 1CB, and 3 new LB's along with 2 new RB's.. so I definitely had my doubts about the season. But as the season has progressed so has the team, I've thought they often have played down to the competition but always played hard against teams we knew were gonna be tough! We run the same offense as the last few years, we have 4 really good backs, and a bull at FB.. Our QB Webb is dynamic to say the least, he has weapons to throw to in 15 KELLY,and 89 PURVIS.. Webb has run and passed for over 1000yds...On defense we aren't quite as strong at LB position in my opinion but they definitely get the job done! Playing behind our DL makes it easier on them.. That line is led by DT/NG Hollngsworth, if you've never heard of him, you will! He is an absolute stud and can cause all kinds of problems thru the middle. They will have to put at least 2 guys on him every play, there aren't many guys gonna contain him one on one. If anybody don't believe me, just look at the film. Maybe that will give you guys a little insight on what you can expect from the VIKINGS!! We line it up an run it at you, thru you or around you, whatever it takes. I'm expecting this to be another great game, IMHO I think the 1A championship game the last 2 years has been the best game of the weekend. I'm looking for his to be the same! HEY ROBBINSVILLE, LET THE SMACK TALK BEGIN!! LOL...

Blackcat or whoever.
Who is our starting loffensive line?
Hedrick.
Hedrick.
Odom.
Hooper.
Who is the other?

?? I'm confused, BK13T, you don't even know the starting offensive line on the team you're on here defending? I hope your joking...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT