ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @Wilkes Central

bigbear'10

Jul 12, 2010
This will be a good tough ball game for the first round. Pisgah is 1-1 against W.C. over the years. I don't know much about W. C. other than they are usually a big team, physical up front.
I'm feel like Pisgah is up to the task. Bears by 4. 21-17.

WC lines are small. They have good athletes in the skill positions, especially their RB and best WR. Good QB and solid defense. Should be a good game. They run a variation of the spread on offense and also sprinkle the pistol and other variants in there. Very unique offensive formations that they are comfortable passing or running out of.

This is a game the Bears can win.Thought our pass defense looked better Friday and our run defense has been pretty good all year.Probably comes down to who makes the least mistakes.Bears by 14 28-14

Reactions: PBBear51
I think WC's speed may pose some type of threat. They will spread you out and get Boles into space. He's electric in the open field, and a monster for his size to bring down. His legs don't stop moving and he's like Houdini, he gets out of a lot of tight spots and holes!! He's a super athlete.

I honestly think these are two pretty evenly matched teams. No doubt WC will have the speed advantage. Pisgah has never had much speed. Haha.

Other playmakers to look out for on offense are Wide Recievers C.J. Williams, Skyler Brooks and Jasiah Ferguson. All 3 are tall and super athletic. Freshman RB Joraye Morrison is also a beast on both sides of the ball. The most underrated player they have is the QB Camden Wyatt. He can throw the football and doesn’t make mistakes. He’s only played since the start of conference play and has thrown for a ton TDs and only one interception. I’ve seen them play a couple of times. Many of these same names play on defense too. They aren’t very deep but their starters are good. They are pretty good when everyone is healthy. Good luck to both teams.​

Pisgah had better play their best because when they don't they can lose to anyone. And when I say anyone I mean even a terrible East Henderson team. They better get it together or its going to be a long bus ride back from Wilkesboro.

All right Wilkes fellas, big question. Where to eat? Dooleys pretty good? I seen them listed on yelp.

Wilkes Central's gonna be more battle tested than in previous years; I expect them to be ready here. Their non conference slate was one of the more challenging in that conference. They had Alexander Central and Watauga on it. They lost to both of them but they played AC especially well without their starting QB; if he'd been there it could have been much closer. They shut them out the 2nd half if I remember right.

Their down-points are their line and their D. Their line isn't as big as it has been and their D's always been the 2nd fiddle to their offense but it's improved the last 2 years. They can be ball controlled though; Alleghany did it to them well last year but they couldn't seal the deal. It hasn't happened this year but they can be challenged. I expect this to be a good one.

They beat the brakes off East Wilkes last Friday; they scored on the first drive and never looked back. If they come out the same way Friday oh boy.

Boles at RB is the best RB in the area by far; the kid at North Wilkes is good but he is the emphasis of that offense. Boles is just a weapon of this one; that's what makes him dangerous. He gets open on you and you can't get him. He was that way as a freshman when my school played him and he's 2 times as deadly now. Their QB's pretty good too; they will attack you both ways.

Pisgah better be ready; it won't be no easy win.

Pisgah is not winning. WC is every bit as good as Murphy if they're clicking, and we know how that turned out. Good luck to Pisgah. Btw..Dooley's is awesome food...Dean's Southern Bistro is great...Ted's Kickin Chicken is awesome...Branciforte's Brick Oven is Awesome..

Reactions: bigbear'10
Pisgah is not winning. WC is every bit as good as Murphy if they're clicking, and we know how that turned out. Good luck to Pisgah. Btw..Dooley's is awesome food...Dean's Southern Bistro is great...Ted's Kickin Chicken is awesome...Branciforte's Brick Oven is Awesome..

Murphy is a pretty good team.Ask Cherokee.

And to all bear fans if y'all win and are looking for places to eat..i got plenty of cold crow I never had to eat two weeks ago

So Wilkes is better then Murphy lol. Every year Wilkes gets knock out in the 1st round that area is weak in football, you will find out when a weak pisgah team beats you.

Heard the exact same thing ..no bear fans commenting here or on other sites

Heard the Bears q.b . is out ! Is this true ?

Heard it was a back injury. Gosh, Canton guys, you act like this is top secret info. If he does not play, Wilkes will adjust in about 2 plays, whether or not they know now or just before the game starts. I hope he can play; it sucks to go all year and possibly miss your playoff game.

Pisgah QB is not out... I watched him yesterday at practice running and throwing.. Healthy and ready to go..sorry W.I.R...your source is wrong this time. Yours to shinetime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Mr.Bud you may beat WC. As far as the area of football being weak, you do know Hibriten and Wilkes Central are 20 miles apart..Alexander Central 4a is less than that..along with traditional powers Starmount ( not as strong as in the past), Watauga 4a only 25 miles away..The area is fine for highschool football. Good luck to Pisgah...and yes Wilkes Central has every bit as good of a chance to beat you as Murphy did. Styles make fights my man.

So Wilkes is better then Murphy lol. Every year Wilkes gets knock out in the 1st round that area is weak in football, you will find out when a weak pisgah team beats you.

This isn’t accurate at all. Looking at another site, WIlkes has made it to the 2nd round or father 6 times since 2006. They’ve been to the 3rd round twice, including a very close loss to eventual state champion Lincolnton in 07. They have a record of 8-9 in the playoffs in the last 10 years. WIlkes also traveled to pisgah in 2010 in the second round and knocked them off. They lost to Shelby the next week in the 3rd round. They are no world beaters but are surely built themselves over the last decade into a competitive, respectable program. Good luck to both teams tonight. Injury free. Safe travels to Pisgah.

This will be a good hard fought close ball game. See the W.C. folks in a little while. Safe travels to every one tonight.

CONGRATS PISGAH..YOU GUYS WANTED IT MORE. I WILL ENJOY MY CROW NOW.. JUST COOK IT MEDIUM WELL..PLEASE. GOOD LUCK GOIN FORWARD BEARS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT