ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah/Tuscola

Typical Pisgah Tuscola game .Came down to the last play and my Bears came up a few inches short. Proud of the Bears ,most thought we would be lucky to not get blown out.
I didnt know how it would turn out but I doubted a blowout either way. It would likely be very close. AND the better team often does not win this game. It was worthy of 100th game of the series, and even though THS did win, not too much to crow about IMO, It was THAT close. Isnt that they way it SHOULD be?

That was a helluva ballgame! Our kids didn't disappoint. That play was there just didn't connect on the two point conversion. Congrats mountaineers on eeking one out finally. Ya'll know what's coming next year tho. 😁

That was a helluva ballgame! Our kids didn't disappoint. That play was there just didn't connect on the two point conversion. Congrats mountaineers on eeking one out finally. Ya'll know what's coming next year tho. 😁
What’s coming? LOL a win from a game that hasn’t been played yet? Play wasn’t there because butterfingers didn’t catch it… Period

First off, congratulations to the Mountaineers. Y'all found a way to win the big one and after 9 years I was glad to see how happy if made your students when they finally got to see a win over Pisgah. The rivalry still means alot to folks in Waynesville and that makes beating you more fun! We'll get you next year.

As far as Pisgah goes, no streak lasts forever and they played their guts out tonight. I'm really proud of our team. They've had a tough, tough year and they still showed up bigtime tonight. Thank you for that effort! Keep your head up and get ready for next week. We still have lots of football to play!

B0TH radio signals unlistenable. This is just unacceptable.
Agreed. Pisgah and Tuscola really need to put Ethernet connections in their gyms and stadiums. I am pretty sure the radio teams have to use hot spots that connect to a cell signal, to be able to broadcast. With all of the thousands of personal cell phones at the games, also pulling data and bandwidth, It’s no wonder they have broadcast issues during the games.

Reactions: 91ths
As long as we won you can out coach us all you want ! I guess your moving to Henderson County bearsman cause everybody knows your heads buried deep in Chappell’s a$$ just like it was with Pressley!

Agreed. Pisgah and Tuscola really need to put Ethernet connections in their gyms and stadiums. I am pretty sure the radio teams have to use hot spots that connect to a cell signal, to be able to broadcast. With all of the thousands of personal cell phones at the games, also pulling data and bandwidth, It’s no wonder they have broadcast issues during the games.
Well there havnt been many issues of this magnitude at any other PHS THS games, some with crowds even bigger than this one, I do believe there are/were some tower issues with VZ - Spectrum, etc last night.

It would if I had that kind of luck. My luck I could buy all of them but one and not have the winning ticket. LOL
Lol, You should have looked under you coach cushions before the game, and found enough change to buy one ticket. 😂

Congratulations 91. I'll give credit where credit is due, but our boys gave you and your team more than you were anticipating. What would it have been if 25 would have been healthy? Hmm
What would it have been if #3 played for the school he should be playing for? He can walk to our stadium in about 3 minutes from his house. But our lazy school central office bends over to most every transfer request. Just make up an excuse and they will say ok.

What would it have been if #3 played for the school he should be playing for? He can walk to our stadium in about 3 minutes from his house. But our lazy school central office bends over to most every transfer request. Just make up an excuse and they will say ok.
He felt he wouldnt make a difference at PHS and he WOULD make a difference at THS I guess. As it turned out he was right. Wouldnt that be fair to say?

He felt he wouldnt make a difference at PHS and he WOULD make a difference at THS I guess. As it turned out he was right. Wouldnt that be fair to say?
Not talking about him. Mountain Folk 99 is playing "what if" about #25 being healthy. I am just saying "What if" the Pisgah receiver (who lives right by Tuscola's stadium) that caught those TD passes actually went to school in his own district. Just wish our Central office would step up for a change and stop all the transfer crap (both ways), but you have to remember that someone at our Central office signed off on the bright idea of playing at Bethel, so I am not hopeful things will get better. Then they had our Law Enforcement and EMS fall on the sword for them and make the rational decision to play in Waynesville.

Is it just a school loyalty thing or do these two communities not like each other. As a flat lander, I think both towns are wonderful examples of what a mountain town should be.
Good luck to both schools the rest of the season.

C
Not talking about him. Mountain Folk 99 is playing "what if" about #25 being healthy. I am just saying "What if" the Pisgah receiver (who lives right by Tuscola's stadium) that caught those TD passes actually went to school in his own district. Just wish our Central office would step up for a change and stop all the transfer crap (both ways), but you have to remember that someone at our Central office signed off on the bright idea of playing at Bethel, so I am not hopeful things will get better. Then they had our Law Enforcement and EMS fall on the sword for them and make the rational decision to play in Waynesville.
I don’t know a lot about football but it looks like Tuscola: is loaded in the backfield. I’m pretty sure that number 3 lives in Waynesville at least he did. Also has anybody looked at his stats for the year? It looks like to me that he has held his own pretty well. Citizens Times is showing him with over 1000 yards with over 20 yards per carry. Tuscola is 8-0. They’ve rotated running backs all year. Also I doubt a transfer would start unless he earned it. Just an uneducated guess. I don’t think he started until 3rd or 4th game and still has a 1000. Looks pretty good to me outside looking in. Matter of fact, I made a call. He lives in Ratcliff Cove. Just an uneducated guess that Tuscola has too much on the line to give positions out. Does anybody know why he left Canton? I know what I heard and if it’s true that’s on Chappell

Is it just a school loyalty thing or do these two communities not like each other. As a flat lander, I think both towns are wonderful examples of what a mountain town should be.
Good luck to both schools the rest of the season.
Its a fierce rivalry but I don't think there is any real animosity. They're our friends and neighbors we see every day at work, the grocery store or church. I believe the intensity comes from the love each team's supporters have for the kids and the pride each side takes in their team and their community.

C

I don’t know a lot about football but it looks like Tuscola: is loaded in the backfield. I’m pretty sure that number 3 lives in Waynesville at least he did. Also has anybody looked at his stats for the year? It looks like to me that he has held his own pretty well. Citizens Times is showing him with over 1000 yards with over 20 yards per carry. Tuscola is 8-0. They’ve rotated running backs all year. Also I doubt a transfer would start unless he earned it. Just an uneducated guess. I don’t think he started until 3rd or 4th game and still has a 1000. Looks pretty good to me outside looking in. Matter of fact, I made a call. He lives in Ratcliff Cove. Just an uneducated guess that Tuscola has too much on the line to give positions out. Does anybody know why he left Canton? I know what I heard and if it’s true that’s on Chappell
He didn't get anywhere near his average Friday night and neither did the Mounties.

Whoever was making the defense and offence calls did a good job. All of our coaches did a good job.
Chappelle is a great coach and has always been good at exposing our weakness or shutting down our strength in this game, he keyed in on #3 and if not for #26 we were completely stagnant, they stacked the box all night and wasn't worried about a passing game. It was great to see our guys gut a win out having to play a different style and never giving up and playing from behind most of the night. I don't know for sure since I've only seen Pisgah play two games including this one, but I would bet this is the best game they have played all season.

Two tough games yet to go and smoky looks like they are peaking right now and west has been dominant all season, so it wouldn't surprise me if we have two more similar games that come down to the wire.

Reactions: WhoaMule and 91ths
(Pisgah bears ) Tuscola will lose their last 3 games !stick to coaching defense there’s clearly no future for you in predicting games !! HOMER

• Haha
(Pisgah bears ) Tuscola will lose their last 3 games !stick to coaching defense there’s clearly no future for you in predicting games !! HOMER
He must be related to mountainfolk99.. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT