ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ Tuscola #canyouspell7

PBBear51

Sep 14, 2017
Canton, North Carolina
Might as well get this one started. The biggest rivalry in the mountains that draws a bigger gate than any other in this area with a 50/50 that is more than Mr. Bud makes in a year is up next for the Black Bears. IMO the Bears show improvement in several areas against Enka who didn't just roll over and die and put up a valiant effort against us. We will be facing a broken hearted Tuscola team that Rhea County apparently wore out. As usual, lots of Tuscola posters on here have been talking a big talk, now it's time to see if there is any substance to it. Of course Ive heard almost the same talk for 6 years now.
Let the smack begin.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
If we hold on to the ball and play like we played the second half tonight should be seven in a row. We all know that this game will most likely be close and just like the Murphy game the one that makes the least mistakes win. Bears by 7.

Reactions: WHChoops
I told someone at the Mill today that this is one game you can hardly ever bet on with favorable odds for either side unless your just being loyal to your team. Little things are big in this one.

Nether team has any offense, but tuscola is better coach. Should be very close game.

We have, but I don't believe you can. I know we didn't put our best foot forward, but next Friday is a different animal. I look forward to the game. Neither team is where it wants to be at this point, but it will be a good ole slobber knocker!

I live rent free in pisgah posters on this one board, kills them that I call them out about their team. Just like one of their coaches told me, he wish they would just shut up, giving the program black eye. I am 100 percent serious.

Once again you've got that wrong.Pisgah bounches around in your head.You keep telling us how you know football. yet you never make a prediction of a score. Why is that? Buy the way you evidently have never heard of spellcheck either.

Reactions: PBBear51
We have, but I don't believe you can. I know we didn't put our best foot forward, but next Friday is a different animal. I look forward to the game. Neither team is where it wants to be at this point, but it will be a good ole slobber knocker!
Say what?That's a little different post for you.Esp after your big predictions earlier.

Im not going to smack talk in this thread..
Its time for us to put up or shut up. Then we can get back to talking smack.
Hoping for a great game and of course a T win. Go Tuscola!!

Reactions: Mavrick69
Here you go THS91...Mountaineers by 10! Suck one you big pansy! Win or lose, I'm still pulling for them unlike you! You are a pathetic fan and hopefully you will go to Smoky or better yet Pisgah! They need a few of you!

Here you go THS91...Mountaineers by 10! Suck one you big pansy! Win or lose, I'm still pulling for them unlike you! You are a pathetic fan and hopefully you will go to Smoky or better yet Pisgah! They need a few of you!
I am pulling for them you crayon eater.

But its time to bring it. Period.... I say its closer.... T by 3...

Reactions: Dogthathunts
Pisgah 20, Tuscola 13...

I think its going to come down to turnovers and special teams. Something resembling last years low scoring matchup, considering neither team has a very capable offense. Hopefully it'll be a better game than most think. I can never recall this game having less intrigue around the county than it has this year.

Last edited:
Is this the year that we can buy 50/50 tickets online? I don’t remember which school allows online purchases

Pisgah 20, Tuscola 13...

I think its going to come down to turnovers and special teams. Something resembling last years low scoring matchup, considering neither team has a very capable offense. Hopefully it'll be a better game than most think. I can never recall this game having less intrigue around the county than it has this year.
I agree.
And it should never be played this early in the season..IMO

Pisgah 20, Tuscola 13...

Small things usually have big impact in this game and in politics when there is less chatter/noise the election most often goes to the incumbent. Just some facts.

Pisgah will win simply on the fact that in the last 7 mountaineer losses they have been the team that wanted it more ! (Just the facts) pisgahs defense will shut down the Mounties and pull away in second half. Hope I’m wrong but just my opinion.

Going with tuscola, mountaineers quarterback best player on the field. Tuscola 21_14
We'll find out who the best QB is Friday. Tuscola's QB is probably the best player on Tuscola side. Last Year Pisgah QB threw for 173 yards and he's a lot better this year. We also have some pretty good running backs including the big guy that got hurt in last years game. Pisgah defense is not bad either.

We'll find out who the best QB is Friday. Tuscola's QB is probably the best player on Tuscola side. Last Year Pisgah QB threw for 173 yards and he's a lot better this year. We also have some pretty good running backs including the big guy that got hurt in last years game. Pisgah defense is not bad either.
Tuscola defense is lot stronger then enka. The game in my opinion is basically toss up. Still shock how murphy shut them out.

Tuscola defense is lot stronger then enka. The game in my opinion is basically toss up. Still shock how murphy shut them out.
I’m guessing you didn’t hear what robbinsville did to Tuscola in their scrimmage. Enka played tough for about a quarter and 1/2, and then it looked like they gave up.

Last edited:
I’m guessing you didn’t hear what robbinsville did to Tuscola in their scrimmage. Enka played tough for about a quarter and 1/2, and then it looked like they gave up.
Are you serious, who cares about scimmage game. Enka score 9 points on Rosman lol

Enka played hard in the first half but they folded in the second, and I haven't seen much improvement from pisgah QB in two games, everyone looks good against Enka. Tuscola has to get the line improved, QB can't throw all those INTs, and defense has to play better. Mountaineers better act like they want it more than pisgah has, I just haven't seen that fire or emotion the last several years. I didn't get to go to THS game Friday but I can't see much good came out of it when they give up that many points, and very little scoring against what I thought had been a very average or below average team the last few years.

As I have stated pisgah is just more physical and confident in their play .The Tuscola way as some posters have mentioned has been gone for years. The current regime talks a good game but the results aren’t there . Will this be the game that turns the tide? I see nothing on the field or sidelines that gives the Mounties hope Friday night. Football is a violent and physical game the boys from mill town haven’t forgot that ! Sadly it’s just a distant memory for the boys on the hill. Go ahead and bash it’s just my opinion.

As I have stated pisgah is just more physical and confident in their play .The Tuscola way as some posters have mentioned has been gone for years. The current regime talks a good game but the results aren’t there . Will this be the game that turns the tide? I see nothing on the field or sidelines that gives the Mounties hope Friday night. Football is a violent and physical game the boys from mill town haven’t forgot that ! Sadly it’s just a distant memory for the boys on the hill. Go ahead and bash it’s just my opinion.
UH OH!! Get ready nueman.. I was accused of being the worst fan in the state for implying that!! Don't even get me started on the spirit shirts I have seen..

That's true, never have, especially this early in the season. I believe this will be another very close and down to the wire game. Just depends on which defense wants it more.

Brevard put 40 on rosman in 1st half, just saying enka is bad. Just made up rocketman name.
I know Enka is bad. I really hate they aren’t more competitive, but when you only hire coaches from within the program, that’s what you get. It’s the same place Tuscola is heading. Their new principal and athletic director (alumni) are running employees off left and right. 22 people have either been transferred from Tuscola, or quit since this past spring. And I’m just pulling your leg about your name, Elton. Good luck against the war lassies this Friday.

I know Enka is bad. I really hate they aren’t more competitive, but when you only hire coaches from within the program, that’s what you get. It’s the same place Tuscola is heading. Their new principal and athletic director (alumni) are running employees off left and right. 22 people have either been transferred from Tuscola, or quit since this past spring.

^ All Facts.

This matchup has been a little one sided the last few years. Don’t think that would be the top rivalry in the state. Shelby and Crest is always big and I’m sure there are a few others that have been competitive also. Mtn. Heritage and Mitchell have had some good games over the past few years and both have done well in the playoffs.

This matchup has been a little one sided the last few years. Don’t think that would be the top rivalry in the state. Shelby and Crest is always big and I’m sure there are a few others that have been competitive also. Mtn. Heritage and Mitchell have had some good games over the past few years and both have done well in the playoffs.
No disrespect but I don't think you know the facts of this rivalry.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuscola–Pisgah_rivalry

Very aware of the rivalry. Actually attended a couple of the games. Very good atmosphere and much respect for both programs. Did not mean anything by it, other than the last few years it’s importance has been specific to the local community and not had post season and conference implications as it used to have. Actually I heard our game may have been cancelled and would consider attending this one if the posts this week are promoting a very good competitive game. Best of luck to both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT