ADVERTISEMENT

Page beats Dudley on goal line stand

JMACDE99

Oct 22, 2013
Oh well I guess my Scots will have the bullseye - not where you want to be going into Raiderville!

No kicker cost Dudley and may cost them in playoffs. Scored had to go for 2 didn't get it. Then had 1st and goal with 40secs and couldn't kick fg. Off night for Hooker good win for Pirates

If Im not mistaken same thing cost them against ACR in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

Just got back from the game and boy was it a good one! A nail bit nail-biter to the very end.

Page is the real deal! I've seen them beat 2 top 5 teams in the state already and tonight without their starting running back. If #1 for Page would have played, I could honestly see them winning by a couple of touchdowns. Their coaching staff is really good too. It's the reason why they won. Dudley has better athletes, but you need to have to coaches that can discipline these boys and call the correct plays at the right time. Dudley kept trying to move east to west, when they should have ran the ball down their throats with #10.

Dudley's play calling really killed them tonight; as well as their QB overthrowing his targets. When Dudley scored that last touchdown and they went for the 2 point conversion, their QB overthrew the open receiver. He did the same thing with about 30 seconds left with another open receiver. Those ultimately cost Dudley the game.

Dudley's Coaching staff should feel bad because they didn't have a plan b those last 20 seconds. They assumed they would either score or go out of bounds. You have to have a plan just in case you don't make it out of bounds. And the entire offense was looking lost. It was also really heartbreaking to see #12 for Dudley get hurt at the end of the game on the sideline. I hope he's okay.

Overall, I feel like Dudley made some terrible play choices, like running a sweep to the outside at their own 1 yard line. That play ended up in a safety. And the QB overthrew his targets. I'm still confident that they'll win the 4A title this year, but losing like that has to suck.

For Page, I feel like the sky is the limit for that team. IDK how they got beat so bad my Mallard Creek last year or how they lost to Davie this year (who Dudley destroyed). But them playing like they are now, and if they get their RB back, I feel like they can go deep into the playoffs, especially if they get put in the East bracket again this year.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

This event had an " old school " feel to it with the overflow crowd, Metro Conference championship on the line, and a high seed at stake. I honestly thought Dudley would beat Page by twenty with Leake playing, and would romp with him on the sidelines, sans shoulder pads. Dudley had three sixty or seventy yard gains called back, two in the first half, and it seemed to leak a little air from Dudley's sail. Page's defense played lights out all night, and Dudley never seemed to get in a groove. When Dudley had the pick six right before halftime to make the score 16-8 Page, I figured it would be all Dudley in the second half. Page's defense was nasty all night, although Hooker had plenty of time to set up and throw. Dudley had eight plays inside the five yard line to punch it in for six, and didn't put one point on the scoreboard. In my opinion, this was a humongous upset, especially with Leake not playing. This was a helluva game, and I enjoyed every minute of the event. Congratulations to the Page Pirates, and good luck in the playoff adventure.

Are you sure East Forsyth is going 4A??? ... I just don't think so; I think they are still 4AA.. I know one thing, I'll stick with Davie Co for a deep run in 4A (Yes, the team who beat Page & Leake by double digits). The QB for Davie(Chris Reynolds) is the CPC "Player of the Year" sorry Joe Butts.

This event had an " old school " feel to it with the overflow crowd, Metro Conference championship on the line, and a high seed at stake. I honestly thought Dudley would beat Page by twenty with Leake playing, and would romp with him on the sidelines, sans shoulder pads. Dudley had three sixty or seventy yard gains called back, two in the first half, and it seemed to leak a little air from Dudley's sail. Page's defense played lights out all night, and Dudley never seemed to get in a groove. When Dudley had the pick six right before halftime to make the score 16-8 Page, I figured it would be all Dudley in the second half. Page's defense was nasty all night, although Hooker had plenty of time to set up and throw. Dudley had eight plays inside the five yard line to punch it in for six, and didn't put one point on the scoreboard. In my opinion, this was a humongous upset, especially with Leake not playing. This was a helluva game, and I enjoyed every minute of the event. Congratulations to the Page Pirates, and good luck in the playoff adventure.

GSO- I agree 100%. Packed house and the game came down to the last play. I also thought the penalties and fumbled punt had Dudley on their heels in the first half. Bad play call for the safety as well.

However, I thought Jones outplayed Hooker and that undersized Page defense gave Dudley fits all night. They were really hitting and playing physical. #30 for Page is just one of those guys. Not gonna be a big D1 recruit because of his size but a GREAT HS football player. he was all over the field last night.

Are you sure East Forsyth is going 4A??? ... I just don't think so; I think they are still 4AA.. I know one thing, I'll stick with Davie Co for a deep run in 4A (Yes, the team who beat Page & Leake by double digits). The QB for Davie(Chris Reynolds) is the CPC "Player of the Year" sorry Joe Butts.
East will go 4A

Hi, Raider " Crack " Rock, my name is GSO-Triple Cinco, and I was out of town when Dudley journeyed to Richmond County earlier this gridiron campaign, and missed the final score. Could you, between huffs from your crack stem, could you enlighten me concerning this particular issue ? Thanks in advance.

Hi, FF what are EF numbers looking like as far as enrollment?
I was at the game last night and was told by parents the school is saying their is a very strong chance they are 4A not 4aa. I heard previously their freshman class this year was lower than usual and I guess it was enough to take them 4A

Also to the credit of Dudley, everyone should read this. When east forsyth played AT Page I will admit the referees seemed a little off. East WR's were being shoved to the grown and it was obvious pass interference. So maybe the same ref bias problem exist.

I do have to saw though, if Page had Javone leake this would have been really bad game for Dudley. Page is a whole different team with him so if they add him in the game add atleast two more touchdowns for Page maybe more

Reactions: RaidersRocks
I was at the game last night and was told by parents the school is saying their is a very strong chance they are 4A not 4aa. I heard previously their freshman class this year was lower than usual and I guess it was enough to take them 4A

Also to the credit of Dudley, everyone should read this. When east forsyth played AT Page I will admit the referees seemed a little off. East WR's were being shoved to the grown and it was obvious pass interference. So maybe the same ref bias problem exist.

I do have to saw though, if Page had Javone leake this would have been really bad game for Dudley. Page is a whole different team with him so if they add him in the game add atleast two more touchdowns for Page maybe more

You will just about say anything to promote your Eagles. No...the referees were not " off" when Page played East Forsyth or when they played Dudley for that matter. Page beat EF because they were the much better team. Period. It had nothing to do with the refs

Reactions: PrinceOfDudley

LMAO @ForsythFootball........little man, there's an old saying that goes, it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to post something stupid and remove ALL doubt!!!!

Why don't YOU come out and start officiating. You'll learn you weren't as smart as you thought you were!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT