ADVERTISEMENT

Orange vs Chapel Hill: Lug Nuts vs Fruits and Nuts

tatermommy

Nov 19, 2011
Years ago some signers of the constitution lived in Hillsborough and them folks in Chapel Hill been rebelling ever since.

The Chapelthrillians say that there is not intelligent life north of I-40 and if you don't believe it just look at what they drive. The Hillsburgers say aliens deposit abductees in the I-40/NC 54/ US 15 triangle and if ya don't believe it just ride down Franklin Street. Hillsburgers believe that their DNA comes from Adam and Eve. Adam and Steve from Chapeltonia go to Adam and Eve for various implements of husbandry and that any two folks on the north side are related anyway. Which includes some four legged implements of husbandry. Why are there two skool systems in Orange County and why don't they merge. Chaps say it would make the scores drill through the earth. Burgs say it takes four high skools to teach on the souf side what it takes two skools on the north side to teach. Both school boards say 'adjourn'! Why is the trash dump in Chapel Hill. To give the Sierra Club some exercise in picking up beer cans and empty dip cans and to give the north siders somewhere ride.

OHS has beaten CHS the last two years on the last play of the game. CHS may have the mental edge for revenge. This is another very important game for OHS and their senior class.

Marijuana is not medicine in Hilsburee;
We don't take no trips with Adam and Steve
We ride our flag right down the middle of Main Street;
We like livin to the right, of the G.O.P.

Our JV squad is like a double oven;
They got the same coach n' that the varsity do;
We don't wear our pants way down and shaggy,
We teach folks ''a back in the day'' thing or two

We ride round in trucks you see in Hilsburee,
A place where we talk the talk and walk real tall.
We still salute Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the secret thrill of all.

We pull up our pants so's ya' cant see our underwear;
Mom says wear a pair thats always clean.
Football's where we smack em' cattywampus,
'Mo' feeds us gunpowder sammiches to keep us mean.

We'll never take a knee while playin' fer' Hilbsburee,
A place where 'Mo' has us playin winnin ball
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And whoopin folks is the biggest thrill of all

We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse by golly,
In Hilsburee, Nawt Cackalackee USA.

Last edited:
Lets just say I had to go to court in Orange County. The state court house is in the federal post office on Franklin Street. I had to find a parking place and ride a large, empty, propane powered, public transportation bus that had a bicycle rack on the front. I got out at the bus stop and was immediately confronted by panhandlers that came out of a homeless shelter dressed better than I was. As I walked towards to post office/court house/coffee shop I was pushed and elbowed and rudely treated by folks that looked like the bar scene from Star Wars. As I standing in line to get into the court house I had a Democrat voter registration form pushed into my hands and was told to fill it out. I said I am already registered and was told 'not in Orange County'. Then I said 'as a Republican'. And that sensitivity business went out the window like a dead skunk. Speaking of skunk does anybody down there use underarm deodorant, or shave their legs. In court I was handed a 'indigent' form and at the same time assigned a 'public defender' who asked me when I wanted to do my jail time and I said 'for a parking ticket'? Well at the pay window after court I handed my money to the clerk to gave it to the panhandlers who walked outside and got on a bus marked 'Durham'. I went outside and asked them why didn't they live here and they said, 'cause we cant afford to pay the taxes'....

Orange continues to pound the ball between the tackles and teams pack the box trying to stop it. Offensive lineman Austin Sykes of OHS is leading the charge sorta like a WW I 'doughboy' going over the top into no mans land.

Reading your essay, Mister Huey Long, I first thought of Arlo Guthrie and his discombobulated plight at an eating establishment up yonder in New York City, then remembering the horror slash terror of waking up in the backseat floorboard of Monkey Man's and Jan's motorized vehicle, speeding down Highway Ninety Nine in New Jersey at an alarming rate of speed.
P.S. Orange by twenty one.

Is football on the way out in Chapel Hill/Carrboro. Chapel Hill and Carrboro have no JV teams and Carrboro and East Chapel have forfeited games over the last several years due to a lack of players.

I really hope Orange stays good the next few years because all the other Orange County teams seem to be on their way out. Orange is now like the old Northern Durham teams, the only dog in the town - domination.

Some folks around Orange County are saying that they will get their comeuppance. Like it was ok for them lose for other teams convenience.

Seeing how the coaches interact with the players and vice versa is the real secret to Oranges success. What other head coach dispenses sunflower seeds to players on the sidelines while discussing plays.

Yep seeing 'Motown' setting cross legged on the sidelines wearing tie-dye shorts and sending in plays via bongo drums and doing his 'Bob Dylan' voice while chewing bags of seeds is a hoot. Of course he must don a disguise and steal away to the concession stand for hot dogs and cheese fries.

There is more conversation about football folding in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro school system. Should enrolment be open in the whole county.

If C Hill wants one football team , they need to be like Richmond co.
build one big high school. :cool:

The Chapel Hill/Carrboro school system will never merge with the Orange County school system in any way, shape or form.

'Mo'isms
1) Football dosent reveal characters ill fitting helmets do.
2) If you come to a fork in the road pick it up and wash it off.
3) Nobody cares if you laugh or cry but if you 'bust' one you can get most folks attention.
4) If you're doing nothin' how do you know when you're finished.
5) Is it more important to win or make the other guy lose.
6) Be alert because the world needs more lerts.
7) You can fall off a 30 foot ladder and not get hurt if you stand on the first rung.
8) Don't put off till tomorrow what you can pay somebody monopoly money to do today.
9) Use incorrect as a password. The reply will always be' your password is incorrect'.
10) Does having a teacher workday mean teachers don't work when students are there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT