ADVERTISEMENT

Only One Piedmont Team in Top Five of Final AP Poll

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
East Lincoln was the only piedmont team to make the top five in the final AP poll. Northeastern and Washington from the coast and Franklin and Owen from the mountains make up the rest of the top five. Only two other piedmont teams made the top ten, namely Shelby and Reidsville. The other three were coastal plains (geographically speaking) teams, Clinton, Southwest Onslow, and East Bladen...If you care to see the poll I left a link.
This post was edited on 11/11 10:55 PM by Lincolnton

Final AP Poll:Courtesy of Gaston Gazette

Thanks for posting that Lincolnton. I recommend everyone click the link. Even if you don't read it the top part is awesome
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Lincolnton every where you look it's Eaaast Liiiincoln #1 Eaaast Liiincoln #1 kind of grows on you doesn't it! Come on now I know you can say it, it's easy.

Alright I'll try. Eeeeeeee...LOL, Sailor, I just ain't got it in me today.I'll try again after lunch.
laugh.r191677.gif

Better get used to it Lincolnton. The Surratt's and many more will return next year.

I know, GDG. This sounds, well, unrealistic, but we'll eventually solve that riddle.

Originally posted by 98:

I REALLY wish either EL was 2A or we were 2AA.
------------------------------------------------------------

Me too. Shelby is pretty good at basketball, right. Welcome after 48 weeks to our 2A boards.

Originally posted by Elincoln:

Thanks for posting that Lincolnton. I recommend everyone click the link. Even if you don't read it the top part is awesome
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The top part of that is one the most hideous things I have ever saw.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Originally posted by 98:

I REALLY wish either EL was 2A or we were 2AA.
------------------------------------------------------------

Me too. Shelby is pretty good at basketball, right. Welcome after 48 weeks to our 2A boards.
Confused....? I don't get it....48 weeks?

EL is a one man team....Surratt. No way he has any success against Shelby's D. Unfortunately we won't get to find out. :(

Hopefully, if my Wolves make it to round three, we'll get Chaz Surratt figured out. You stop him, you stop Least Lincoln.

If that is the question, here Lawdog I'm such a nice guy that I am going to help you out, ok stay with me now, get in an athletic position, deliver the hit, wrap up and drive him to the ground, like many things in life though easier said then done, now if he delivers the ball to Banks, Valentine, Surratt, Dollar or Tomberlin you have to do the same thing and again like life, well you know the rest.
All kidding aside, good luck against Newton and the rest of the way out, Lincolnton has a great team, and not one people want to see, very big and strong and putting up some points in an offense that really isn't designed for that, shows that each week they are getting better and better and those are the ones that are dangerous this time of year. Good Luck

The polls are for the media; most coaches and fans could care less. The games are decided on the field.

Originally posted by CM3:
If that is the question, here Lawdog I'm such a nice guy that I am going to help you out, ok stay with me now, get in an athletic position, deliver the hit, wrap up and drive him to the ground, like many things in life though easier said then done, now if he delivers the ball to Banks, Valentine, Surratt, Dollar or Tomberlin you have to do the same thing and again like life, well you know the rest.
All kidding aside, good luck against Newton and the rest of the way out, Lincolnton has a great team, and not one people want to see, very big and strong and putting up some points in an offense that really isn't designed for that, shows that each week they are getting better and better and those are the ones that are dangerous this time of year. Good Luck

One problem with that CM3. You have to get you hands on him. Easier said then done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT