ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I understand about Murphy

Integrity, Swain plays 1AA and don't game the system, don't petition to play down claiming travel hardship, they just play football, like everybody else in the SMC

I’ll agree with that md . Had no idea about other areas . But in a city like Tarboro who has a big ec and loses kids to charter schools with no football option is exactly the same.

Guys it's about the kids. We moved to Murphy in 2012 my oldest son wanted to play football. We lived in Ranger district. He went to Murphy. It's nothing to do with playing down and in fairness it is a small advantage to have HD to pull from. The EC and Alternative not so much because kids come from different schools in the county. All of this rhetoric won't matter on Friday they'll get together and play and the best team will win. We'll all still have Bill's to pay and problems to face. Honestly I think that the level of craziness that some people go to is one of the reasons that my youngest son with all of his ability to play football and he had as much as any kid at Murphy lost the desire to play. Really it's ridiculous.

Reactions: Gps62
images

You win only when Murphy is down some. I’ve never seen Robbinsville beat Murphy when the Dogs are good enough to contend for a title.
So your saying in 14-15 dogs was not good enough to contend for title? Cause I’m pretty sure that’s all we heard leading up to the game... just stating a facts.... How about let’s start a thread and not talk about numbers and how Robbinsville just beats Murphy when they are down lol, everyone knows that is all complete BS

You win only when Murphy is down some. I’ve never seen Robbinsville beat Murphy when the Dogs are good enough to contend for a title.
...and Murphy has never beaten Robbinsville when they were good enough to win a title..I feel this Friday is going to be a first..Both teams are good enough to win a title. That's never been the case before

Reactions: rville20
The question I have is why and how is Tarboro in 1a period? They should be at least in 2a. How is Albemarle in 1a?
How come everyone wants to single Murphy out?
I think everyone has quit singling Murphy out but a select few lol

I agree mbdfan. I think all schools should count EC kids that come from their district.
They can’t count those kids! It isn’t that they skirt around the counting of those kids, the kids are counted by the EC for funding purposes.

Reactions: CatDad312
So your saying in 14-15 dogs was not good enough to contend for title? Cause I’m pretty sure that’s all we heard leading up to the game... just stating a facts...
They were in 2014, before Cox tore his ACL and Byron Roberts missed most of the year with a knee injury.

2015 not so much, that wasn't a title contending team, way too young.

I guess if you’re good people want to go play there rather than the other two choices ncnole

So you only have a problem with Murphy since the split in 2001 then, correct? Because Swain and Murphy both were 1a schools for years before the 1a split into two divisions. According to you Murphy has ALWAYS cheated so which is it? You think Swain hasn’t always pulled from Cherokee?? You don’t respect Murphy because they beat Robbinsville most of the time. You are a whiny sore loser. That’s a YOU problem.
nope murphy was 2a back in the day, then they whinned and cried until the nchsaa let them play every other year in 1a. They have scamed the system ever since

nope murphy was 2a back in the day, then they whinned and cried until the nchsaa let them play every other year in 1a. They have scamed the system ever since
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

They were in 2014, before Cox tore his ACL and Byron Roberts missed most of the year with a knee injury.

2015 not so much, that wasn't a title contending team, way too young.
Just saying not giving Robbinsville credit for those 2 years because Murphy “was down”
C’mon lol Murphy had title contending teams those years, if Robbinsville was not a superior team over everyone else Murphy would have been in the same position Robbinsville was in

ccod you aint much of a doctor if that's all you can say
You ain't much period, all I have to say, . Cause all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, from.you, your a broken record, .there's plenty of short buses windows that need to be licked, .go get your crayons

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
I didn’t realize for what reason Untill the list of kids .

1 Murphy does have a good early college which 60-80 kids go which don’t get counted
2. Murphy alternative school kids don’t count 15-30 kids
3. Murphy is in perfect situation of having the biggest little Smokey school in their disctrict with no other football option so the pull from another 200 kids to get football players from as indicated by the huge list of players that have came from that middle school.

So in reality with all the hiding of numbers or sheer numbers to pull from is almost 800 students

No conspiracy but they have the system set up that they get out of 800 students to decide if they want to play football for only Murphy with no other choice

Change my mind
SEE WHAT YOU STARTED LOL!

Reactions: BravesGWY
There were until Cox went down. Wasn’t the same team after that and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. FWIW I didn’t start this thread. It was a Cherokee fan and then right on cue, one of your finest started with his usual bs. Don’t be mad at me put a muzzle on him.
We can’t help him lol. Just give credit where it’s due, Murphy could’ve and would’ve contended for titles those 2 years if not for Robbinsville, it’s not because Murphy was down. Everyone knows that

If they hadn’t been placed on the same side of the bracket those 2 years they would have played for the regional final 2 years in a row

There were until Cox went down. Wasn’t the same team after that and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. FWIW I didn’t start this thread. It was a Cherokee fan and then right on cue, one of your finest started with his usual bs. Don’t be mad at me put a muzzle on him.
blah, blah, blah, blah, no that don't work for me, we kicked your butts. enough said

How about everyone calm down lmao! Let’s talk about the biggest and only game in the west this coming Friday on a different thread haha

Reactions: Cdoc73
Those weren’t great Murphy teams. 2014 was before Cox got hurt and would likely have won it had he stayed healthy, but I’m not going down that road any further. Think what you want you I don’t care. Water under the bridge.
Exactly so if it was water under the bridge, why would you bring it up dude.....?

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Cdoc73
The reality of it is simple. Its almost 2019 yet some people are unable to understand how the world works. I like the town of robbinsville, I have many friends over there. But rville is a very small place with a small county wide population. I know it's hard for "some" to understand but most towns and counties are larger in population nation wide than Graham county. Rico for example has made the statement that "he knows" Murphy should be 2a just because we have a Walmart and a lowes. His argument was that you can simple drive through Murphy and know that's the case I mean come on. Is it that hard to understand that some counties have more than one highschool? Is it that hard to understand that Murphy is the county seat and most businesses are located there? Do you think everyone that works or owns a business in Murphy has a kid enrolled at Murphy? Is it that hard to understand that community schools like ranger and peachtree exist nationwide? I guess if ranger were named Cherokee County west and peachtree north or when marble was open being called Cherokee County east then it would be easier to understand. It shouldn't be that hard people. Most counties and before long basically all counties have or will have an EC same goes for the alternative school. It is 2019, wake up a get with the program. It's not like Murphy is fielding new D1 prospects from out of the blue every year. I dont have a roster in front of me but for example. Nearly every starter on offense this year has a dad or uncle or brother that has played for Murphy/Gentry in the past. Most of which have won state or played for one. If I'm not correct then someone from Murphy please correct me. But all but 2 offensive starters this year have at least one parent or sibling that graduated from Murphy. We are as home grown as any team out there. Yes people move in for work more than some surrounding towns, that's why we have 470 kids instead of 400. Not that hard to understand. We have a strong tradition, great coaching and our kids work hard year round to compete the way they do. How many other teams can say that 100 percent of the kids make every summer work out? Not many and guess what, most years when that happens we play for state or western regionals. Fact is when you are as good as Murphy has been in anything people cant believe it. So they look for a unfair reason why. A high form of jealousy and flattery is all it is. I'm not just talking to people from rville at all I know some of yall understand these things. This thread was started by someone from Cherokee I think. This goes out to anyone that has trouble understanding this issue.

All these posts and not one poster gave me ..

Ec who left Murphy
Alternative who don’t count

And the amount of the 200 enrollenent left hiwasse to play football

But you can keep up the skirting

Reactions: BK13T-$
I agree mbdfan. I think all schools should count EC kids that come from their district.
Of course you do, because your biggest nightmare is having to play Murphy. So you think us counting kids that go to a totally different school is rational. If your scared just say your scared and stop beating around the Bush.

BravesGWY maybe because your post doesn't make sense . Learn to speak English.

So you took a list from another thread of kids from ranger over a several year span that played at Murphy as if all these kids came at once and tried to make a big deal out of nothing.

Reactions: mbdfan
[QUOTE="

So you took a list from another thread of kids from ranger over a several year span that played at Murphy as if all these kids came at once and tried to make a big deal out of nothing.[/QUOTE]
Almost everyone of those kids on that list has at least one parent that graduated from Murphy. As far as I know there is no line in the sand that says a kid that goes to ranger has to attend HD. You cant ride the bus if live out of the ranger community but I'm sure that also is very hard for "some" to understand. It's a "community school" I agree with you 200percent smcdogfan this thread was started by someone just trying to stir the pot with no intelligent information at all.

Lol I’ll speak whatever my spell check or big thumbs texts. But you still don’t answer the question you got a 200 student that you use to get let’s guess 5-8 players a year . But when u talking 1a not 1aa most teams have 20-28 players that’s a big help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT