ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I understand about Murphy

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
I didn’t realize for what reason Untill the list of kids .

1 Murphy does have a good early college which 60-80 kids go which don’t get counted
2. Murphy alternative school kids don’t count 15-30 kids
3. Murphy is in perfect situation of having the biggest little Smokey school in their disctrict with no other football option so the pull from another 200 kids to get football players from as indicated by the huge list of players that have came from that middle school.

So in reality with all the hiding of numbers or sheer numbers to pull from is almost 800 students

No conspiracy but they have the system set up that they get out of 800 students to decide if they want to play football for only Murphy with no other choice

Change my mind

Last edited:
Reactions: rville20 and KW23
What's the rule for attending the early college and playing football for Murphy? I think that's the deciding factor.

From reading here the early college is a separate school. It does not effect the total number of kids that are eligible pool. My statement is they have over 800 kids to pull football kids from. The only option they have to play football is Murphy high .its the perfect storm

Reactions: rville20 and KW23
If you go to the Early College you can play soccer or run track for the Early College. They have their own sports, just limited offerings right now. I see the argument that kids who are football players aren't going to enroll at the EC and will find a way to Murphy if they are zoned for HD, so the "base" at Murphy is bigger than the enrollment. But I don't think it makes Murphy particularly unique with how many ECs/homeschool kids etc there are in the state now.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
They are still pulling kids from a pool of 800 while all other 1a schools pull from a pool of less than 470

Reactions: Mhsneer

1 Murphy does have a good early college which 60-80 kids go which don’t get counted
3. Murphy is in perfect situation of having the biggest little Smokey school in their disctrict with no other football option so the pull from another 200 kids to get football players from as indicated by the huge list of players that have came from that middle school.

So in reality with all the hiding of numbers or sheer numbers to pull from is almost 800 students

No conspiracy but they have the system set up that they get out of 800 students to decide if they want to play football for only Murphy with no other choice

Change my mind
This is how murphy has been gaming the system since the 70s. Every title they have won in 1a is because they cheat the system.
It don't matter thou,when Rville has a good team we kick their butts anyway with our 360 kids.

Reactions: Mhsneer

Those two items are not unique in 1A to Murphy. Other areas have alternative schools and early college where the students do not play sports for their home district school and are not counted in the ADM.

Reactions: mbdfan
The entire EC enrollment plus Murphy plus HD isnt quite 800 (it's 788), and the EC's kids come from four districts, not just Murphy's. Plus how can you be so certain that a kid from HD who wanted to play football would go to Murphy and not Copper Basin or Fannin?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62 and mbdfan
It’s unique that Murphy has a 200 kid feeder high school to only feed them football kids . Facts look at the list . I’m not here to suggest . Those are all facts if not give me the exact numbers . I’ll wait

Reactions: KW23 and rville20
Would you play for copper basin, fannin, or Murphy. I think I’d choose Murphy. So really you get all the football players from those schools and don’t count the other kids there. Y’all should be proud that you’ve figured this out that well.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Last time I checked Ranger wasn't a highschool let alone a feeder school . Geographically it's less distance for alot of those kids to come to Murphy than to go to hiawassee dam. Ranger is located between the two. It's no different than marble kids going to Andrew's.

How many threads do we need to continue to make something out of nothing.

Figured this is different take on it besides to think Gentry hides kids and skews numbers . That’s real life , like charter schools but Kids with no options to play football .

Murphy and everyone else knows what they're doing. If playing small 1a for a title is that important to them, then let them. LOL. Heck nobody in 1a 1aa wants any parts of Tarboro this year.

Reactions: rville20
Murphy and everyone else knows what they're doing. If playing small 1a for a title is that important to them, then let them. LOL. Heck nobody in 1a 1aa wants any parts of Tarboro this year.
That's it in a nut shell LOL

It’s unique that Murphy has a 200 kid feeder high school to only feed them football kids . Facts look at the list . I’m not here to suggest . Those are all facts if not give me the exact numbers . I’ll wait
Not really, Swain use to pull football player from Cherokee, but they didn't play down in classification, they played where they belong 1AA that's why people from R'ville respect the Swain program.

All this gaming the system talk just amuses me at this point. Some of you fellow SMC people need to get out in the world a little. If you think Cherokee County is the only county in state with an alternative school, an early college or other "advantages" as it pertains to district lines, drawing area or whatever else you're ignorant. Murphy High has 470 students, doesn't matter what Tri County Early College has, doesnt matter what Oaks Academy has and doesnt matter what Hiwassee Dam has, they have nothing to do with Murphy High other than being in the same county. Go ahead and take your grievances and accusations of improperiety to the NCHSAA, let me know how it goes.

All this gaming the system talk just amuses me at this point. Some of you fellow SMC people need to get out in the world a little. If you think Cherokee County is the only county in state with an alternative school, an early college or other "advantages" as it pertains to district lines, drawing area or whatever else you're ignorant. Murphy High has 470 students, doesn't matter what Tri County Early College has, doesnt matter what Oaks Academy has and doesnt matter what Hiwassee Dam has, they have nothing to do with Murphy High other than being in the same county. Go ahead and take your grievances and accusations of improperiety to the NCHSAA, let me know how it goes.
HA HA HA LOL

Change my mind
The dpi has released there numbers for the year and matches up with nchssaa playoff numbers and I am with that because if Murphy is cooking numbers there they are only hurting thereselves in the money per student the state is giving them but there should not be a big raise in the final Adms in June or they will be a big smoking gun

If murphy ain't skerred go play them, they will kick your butt all the way back to the hill, and gentry knows it. That's why he plays down. LOL

94a.jpg

They aren’t cooking that’s the point . They have used the system . Plus they have a 200 student non football playing school that sends their football players to Murphy

Reactions: rville20
Plus all the early college and alternative . Say that I’m wrong ...????

Or keep skirting the subject and say blahblahblah

Exactly. If this debate is going to continue and if people are that strong about their argument take it before the NCHSAA and let’s move on from this. Contact your AD and have them voice their opinion. Investigate, make a ruling and for God’s sake let’s put this to rest

Plus all the early college and alternative . Say that I’m wrong ...????

Or keep skirting the subject and say blahblahblah
Nope no skirt , just how you sound, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

They have used the system
Cool, so I guess Tarboro and Mount Airy have "used" the system too? I mean them being 1A schools in towns with 11,000 plus people with an early college or charter school in their towns that lower their overall enrollment but don't deplete their football athlete pool. Like I said, these issues aren't exclusive to Cherokee County or Murphy High, so if you want to say something about it as it pertains to Murphy than be prepared to discover similar findings all over the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62
Cool, so I guess Tarboro and Mount Airy have used the system too? I mean them being 1A schools in towns with 11,000 plus people with an early college or charter school in their towns that lower their overall enrollment but don't deplete their athlete pool. Like I said, these things aren't exclusive to Cherokee County or Murphy High, so if you want to say something about it as it pertains to Murphy than be prepared to discover similar findings all over the state.
Just because somebody else does it don't make alright for you to do it if you have any integrity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT