ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I understand about Murphy

They are at least 100 students short of 2A now. Even with their students in the early college and the alternative school they would not reach 2A numbers. How do you get they have 2A numbers?
I'll settle for 1AA as the numbers are today, back in the day they're wasn't 1a and 1aa, it was 1A and 2A

I'll settle for 1AA as the numbers are today, back in the day they're wasn't 1a and 1aa, it was 1A and 2A

My understanding is there was not an early college pre 2001 which is the first year of subdividing for 1A schools.

Has there ever been a bigger game? Very curious to know.
'87 playoff game between Murphy and Swain, it wasn't for a regional title but there will probably never be two SMC teams that good playing each other again. An undefeated Heath Shuler Swain team against a one loss Carl Pickens Murphy team looking for revenge after being blindsided by Swain in the regular season finale. We all know how it played out.

Reactions: therealsquid
Just wonder what a realistic number would be for the crowd size. Weather looks to be dry for the game. Is 3,000 fans unrealistic?

Give it a rest rville20. Whether you wanna say Murphy cheats or not, it’s not the kids that are in control of those numbers. They go out there each week and play the game. 1a or 4a it doesn’t matter to them. Robbinsville and Murphy BOTH deserve much respect for their programs and traditions as well as their seasons thus far.

Not one word of my post is untrue

STOP calling The Oaks a delinquent school bro! What the actual is wrong with you?? I hope no one has a child (uh bc thats what they are) in that school and reads these post. They arent delinquents or criminals, they are kids who some come from terrible situations all over the county. You are an ignorant INSENSITIVE little boy. I mean these are kids dude. Quit. Our kids bust their tails day in and day out, through the summer, over holidays just like yours. Give it a rest and lay off. The kids are the most important part of this sport we all love, without them we have nothing.
Go dogs.

'87 playoff game between Murphy and Swain, it wasn't for a regional title but there will probably never be two SMC teams that good playing each other again. An undefeated Heath Shuler Swain team against a one loss Carl Pickens Murphy team looking for revenge after being blindsided by Swain in the regular season finale. We all know how it played out.

87 wasn’t a Heath Shuler team. He was a freshman. 88,89,90 were Shuler teams, and we all know how those years played out. :)

87 wasn’t a Heath Shuler team. He was a freshman. 88,89,90 were Shuler teams, and we all know how those years played out. :)
I thought Heath was a sophomore in '87, so did he fail a grade? because he would've been 19 in '90. I wonder what a 19 year old Pickens would've looked like in high school.

'87 was an excellent Swain team regardless, they went undefeated during the regular season, something the '88, '89 and '90 Swain teams were not able to do.

Last edited:
Funny thing is rville20 or uncle Rico was in rvilles version of the alternative when he was in school. Until he got kicked completely out and had to go to school elsewher. Fact. Yet he talks down about the kids in that program now

Last edited:
'87 was an excellent Swain team regardless, they went undefeated during the regular season, something the '88, '89 and '90 Swain teams were not able to do.

Yeah 87 was a great team but not the 88,89,& 90 teams that had to settle for only state championships with a regular season loss like 87 Murphy.

Reactions: mbdfan
I thought Heath was a sophomore in '87, so did he fail a grade? because he would've been 19 in '90. I wonder what a 19 year old Pickens would've looked like in high school.

Taylor was the QB for Swain in '87

I didn't know that there were this many literate people in Robbinsville. That is the real story in this thread. I am really glad that Andrews just plays football rather than complaining about numbers all the time. I look forward to a good game on Friday and all of you should too.

. 1986 and undefeated Murphy team against and undefeated Hendersonville game with Sam Gash , DJ,Carl,Hill, and other stand outs. Over 5000 at MHS ! Bulldogs won 14 to 7 ! Went on to give Gentry his first state championship.

STOP calling The Oaks a delinquent school bro! What the actual is wrong with you?? I hope no one has a child (uh bc thats what they are) in that school and reads these post. They arent delinquents or criminals, they are kids who some come from terrible situations all over the county. You are an ignorant INSENSITIVE little boy. I mean these are kids dude..
My little sister graduated from Oaks (or Mountain Youth as it was known then), nowadays she has a salaried position at AT&T. Pretty good for a so called "delinquent".

Yes, there are a few bad seeds at Oaks Academy but the vast majority are as you said, just troubled kids in need of some guidance.

Last edited:
My little sister graduated from Oaks (or Mountain Youth as it was known then), nowadays she has a salaried position at AT&T. Pretty good for a so called "delinquent".

Yes, there are a few bad seeds at Oaks Academy but the vast majority are as you said, just troubled kids in need of some guidance.
That's great news looks like murphy should have counted her.

No Shuler was a freshman and we intercepted his first varsity pass and he made us pay for it for three straight years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT