ADVERTISEMENT

OG @ Ashe County

SCRballer

May 17, 2018
I think OG makes history again, getting the first-ever playoff win in the short school history. Ashe County comes from 1A/2A split conference that didn't look great. Last year Ashe was a 5 seed playing a 12 seed and got it handed to them 48-6. Not sure OG will have quite the large margin but feel they win regardless and probably meet North Davidson again for a rematch of the conference title.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think OG makes history again, getting the first-ever playoff win in the short school history. Ashe County comes from 1A/2A split conference that didn't look great. Last year Ashe was a 5 seed playing a 12 seed and got it handed to them 48-6. Not sure OG will have quite the large margin but feel they win regardless and probably meet North Davidson again for a rematch of the conference title.
Ashe Co will throw, throw and throw some more... Didn’t see them this year but last couple of years their O-Line wasn’t real big and we were able to pressure the QB which caused them problems... When they did have time they were pretty accurate, not a lot of big play potential but short quick passes... Lots of 4 WR sets and last year only had like 25 players on Varsity

If memory serves me, i believe the new kids on the block got taken to the woodshed in eerily similar fashion ... as the #3 seed

If memory serves me, i believe the new kids on the block got taken to the woodshed in eerily similar fashion ... as the #3 seed
They did...playing their in conference rival who still had many of the kids from being a 4A school. They beat that team earlier in the season. It could go either way I know but it’s just my opinion OG takes the win.

They did...playing their in conference rival who still had many of the kids from being a 4A school. They beat that team earlier in the season. It could go either way I know but it’s just my opinion OG takes the win.
Ha just funny you took a shot at Ashe for getting blown out as #4 seed knowing the same thing happened to y’all.

I agree with you — my money would be on Oak Grove, too. I imagine y’all have a few too many athletes on the roster for them to handle.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Ha just funny you took a shot at Ashe for getting blown out as #4 seed knowing the same thing happened to y’all.

I agree with you — my money would be on Oak Grove, too. I imagine y’all have a few too many athletes on the roster for them to handle.
Wasnt meant to be a shot at Ashe by any means. Just stating what happened last year as I feel their conference is not as strong as the CCC.

Ashe air raid is good. QB is heading to LR and the WR is a do it all athletic gadget type player who can go up and get it and be sneaky like a Curtis Samuel. Ashe defensively though will give up points. Just based on paper id say OG. The MVAC 2A side champ has not fared well in the playoffs over the last 5 years or so.

Oak Grove has just not been able to make teams pay for stacking the box. They have two really good backs, but not much of a passing game.

Their defense is pretty strong and gets a lot of takeaways.

I don't know enough about Ashe County to make a call on this one. I wish I could make it up there. It looks like a beautiful setting.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
OG by 2 touchdowns. I did hear they will be starting their JV freshman QB. Benching the senior who has started the entire year. Should play a factor in the game, one way or the other.

OG by 2 touchdowns. I did hear they will be starting their JV freshman QB. Benching the senior who has started the entire year. Should play a factor in the game, one way or the other.

Interesting. I wondered about that possibility as the season progressed with the JV's winning big and the varsity QB struggling.

IMO this could get ugly. I love Ashe and the community just as much as the next man up that way but playoffs have not been kind to Ashe over the past 7 to 8 years or so. Just looking at their schedule and OG schedule it won’t be a contest. I remember when Monroe came up there in 14’ or 15’....ouch!! Although there may be more scoring in this one that in that one.

Last edited:
IMO this could get ugly. I love Ashe and the community just as much as the next man up that way but playoffs have not been kind to Ashe over the past 7 to 8 years or so. Just looking at their schedule and OG schedule it won’t be a contest. I remember when Monroe came up there in 14’ or 15’....ouch!! Although there may be more scoring in this one that in that one.
Don’t know for sure.... but that could be the same year Ashe put Maiden out in the First round.
The night me and Grizz witnessed about 300 people freeze to death! Oooh the Carnage!
16 degrees on my truck when I arrived. It wuddn’t Breezy...or windy....or steady flags...noooo!
A Flag shredding wind would be the appropriate term...from start to finish!
I think there’s still 2 or 3 people missing!

Don’t know for sure.... but that could be the same year Ashe put Maiden out in the First round.
The night me and Grizz witnessed about 300 people freeze to death! Oooh the Carnage!
16 degrees on my truck when I arrived. It wuddn’t Breezy...or windy....or steady flags...noooo!
A Flag shredding wind would be the appropriate term...from start to finish!
I think there’s still 2 or 3 people missing!
I remember that. I wasn’t there but seen the score. Pretty good game. Of course Monroe showed up the next week and that’s all she wrote

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Ashe has really good Senior leadership so that is definitely a interesting development. Outside of this we should all send up a prayer to the OG football family. Judging by Twitter they have a player that needs prayers. This is something bigger than football. 🙏🏻

Ashe has really good Senior leadership so that is definitely a interesting development. Outside of this we should all send up a prayer to the OG football family. Judging by Twitter they have a player that needs prayers. This is something bigger than football. 🙏🏻
Prayers lifted.

Reactions: SCRballer
It got ugly but not by the score, by the play. OG put the Freshman QB in and his inexperience showed. He made several over throws that had they been caught would have made this game ugly. OG O line has some work to do.

Ashe air raid is good. QB is heading to LR and the WR is a do it all athletic gadget type player who can go up and get it and be sneaky like a Curtis Samuel. Ashe defensively though will give up points. Just based on paper id say OG. The MVAC 2A side champ has not fared well in the playoffs over the last 5 years or so.
Not having their WR in this one hurt them!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT