ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove @ West Henderson Round 3

MillsRiverFalcon

Sep 24, 2019
Don’t really know much about Oak Grove football other than what I read and opinions from all of you on here.
What are yall’s thoughts on this next game when the Grizzlies pay us a visit in Mills River?
If our Falcons are healthy and show up to dominate this game as they can do….Id say West wins this one by atleast 2 TDs. Conservatively though Im thinking we edge by with a 7-10 point win.

On a side note… In 3A West this year I like how the remaining 8 teams left are the 1-8 seeds. I guess sometimes the formulas and selection process does work out in the end even though we all have reservations about it lol! 😂

You can’t always go on previous matchups but if Pisgah had Oak Grove still within sight at the end, I think West will prevail pretty confidently. It won’t be easy but I think they dictate this game on both sides of the ball, IMO.

West is better than Pisgah in every facet of the game except maybe kicking, so I would expect 14+ West victory.

Looking at WH's resume, I think they have to be the favorites. OG's running game is strong, but the passing game is so-so. Last night it was a problem with catching the ball. The defense has been good all year, but got pushed around by Pisgah at times last night.

I hope OG can hang around until the 4th qtr. If they do, QB Creech has proven that he can make a clutch play. We shall see.

Reactions: MillsRiverFalcon
West by 21….look for OG to perhaps stay close till halftime but WH overall is just better. Take care of the football and they WH wins going away. OG only chance is for WH to beat their self. OG will be bigger than WH across the line and i thought that wore on us but I was not really impressed with their physicality. Not talking bad about them but with the size advantage that they had on Pisgah we should not be running the ball on them. If that happens to against WH it’s gonna be a long night for OG.

After going to the game vs Pisgah, I don’t think OG has a chance vs West. I give OG credit they made good adjustments vs Pisgah but I didn’t walk away feeling like they were the best team on Friday night. I feel their coaches put them in a great position and they made the plays they needed to to win. I doubt they will have enough for West though. My best guess is West is 2-3 TDs better

If I remember correctly, the Oak Grove head baseball coach is also an assistant football coach. Many of these West Henderson football players were on last years baseball team who defeated Oak Grove in 3 games to advance to the State Championship game. I bet he would like to get a little revenge and I would bet he knows what he’s walking into. Oak Grove will be ready and the Falcons better be too.

If I remember correctly, the Oak Grove head baseball coach is also an assistant football coach. Many of these West Henderson football players were on last years baseball team who defeated Oak Grove in 3 games to advance to the State Championship game. I bet he would like to get a little revenge and I would bet he knows what he’s walking into. Oak Grove will be ready and the Falcons better be too.
You remember correctly Dixie!

While I’m obviously hoping for an OG upset win (and revenge), I want to see a good injury free game! We’ve got some ballers and I think even though we’re the underdog and no one in here is giving us a chance of even making it close let alone winning, we can surprise some. The game is played on the field not in these forums! We may win, we may lose close or get blown out, we will find out Friday. Regardless for an approximately 6 year old school we’re doing well in all sports.

Last edited:
I'll take OG
giphy.gif

Is it true what I heard about the WH QB breaking his ankle?
I have no insight into the injury severity but it was the backup QB. West had a 2 QB system for much of the season until after the Smoky Mountain game when #1 solidified the starting job. The player who was injured is a very important piece on defense however.

Reactions: Ifthehorseshoefits
I have no insight into the injury severity but it was the backup QB. West had a 2 QB system for much of the season until after the Smoky Mountain game when #1 solidified the starting job. The player who was injured is a very important piece on defense however.
I hope not as well. You're right, that kid is flying to the ball on the defensive side.

Is it true what I heard about the WH QB breaking his ankle?
Its not broken but it might as well be. I don't see him playing anything near term and hoping he is healed up for baseball season.

He is a baller for sure and he's gonna be missed on the defensive side of the ball.

DixieTN is right... #1 has done a really good job as a sophomore and it will fun to watch him next year. #3 had been playing offense at times but he mostly took care of business as a LB on the inside.

West Henderson fans, a classy bunch from what I could gather when ND played them back to back years. You will find that OG has similar kind of athletes but that ND uses a spread passing attack in comparison to OGs ground and pound.

West will have the edge in speed and on the perimeter. OG will rely on the trenches to get it done.

Good luck to both teams. May it be a safe trip for OG and injury free for all. Also congrats to OG and Rob in particular for getting the second round monkey off their back. The next step has been taken... I expect WH will be favored but also expect a good game between two very well coached teams.

Good luck WH I like your chances in this game. OG folks were great to us last week and I know you all will be great to them this week. They have some athletes and some big boys. I expect them to keep it close for a while maybe through the half. But, it’s all about match ups at this point!

Sounds like WH going to try OG’s weakness in passing defense. Let’s hope OG can contain them enough

And WH scores off a pass. OG going to need to step up with Creech out Ginitasio going to have to settle in and RB’s play hard.

West is balanced, they can do whichever you give them. Ran it down East’s throat last week but they’re not a one trick pony

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT